Ensign
# 51
12-12-2012, 08:44 AM
"For separate, existing CRYPTIC and PERFECT WORLD accounts:

1. Navigate to the Star Trek Online website (http://sto.perfectworld.com/) or the Champions Online website (http://co.perfectworld.com/)
2. Click on ?Register/Login? in the upper right corner of the screen
3. Enter your Cryptic User Name and password
4. Click 'YES' when asked if you have an existing Perfect World account
5. Enter your PWE User Name and Password where prompted to complete linking

NOTE: Once the accounts are linked, you will need to use your Perfect World user name and password to log in."
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4134

However, for some of us, STEP 4-5 simply does not happen, so the whole linking process stops right there. We're left with an empty PWE account with the same Cryptic login and no way to access the cryptic account. Why can't you just merge empty PWE accounts to existing Cryptic accounts with the same user email and same login info? Send out a confirmation email to the said email if you have to.
Career Officer
# 52
12-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

NOTE! This is not a customer service number, it is billing only. They are not able to assist with customer service issues and if you call billing, they will not be able to assist you with matters outside of billing (e.g. Zen purchases, subscriptions, and other billing related aspects -- account linking does not fall under this. You must file a ticket (support.perfectworld.com) or email directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- there is NO customer service support available over the phone
Well that explains why nobody can get hold of them Brandon but can you tell us why a company the size of PWE/PWI does not have a telephone support service? At least it could be a feature of Lifetime Membership perhaps? No worries if you are not in a position to answer this, personally I have no need to call them but it seems many do and sometimes it's a lot easier to get a quick result via a phone call than just a faceless email.

Cheers
Matt
Ensign
# 53
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvenir View Post
However, for some of us, STEP 4-5 simply does not happen, so the whole linking process stops right there. We're left with an empty PWE account with the same Cryptic login and no way to access the cryptic account. Why can't you just merge empty PWE accounts to existing Cryptic accounts with the same user email and same login info? Send out a confirmation email to the said email if you have to.
Same here. There's no step 4 or 5.

Last edited by tfrassini; 12-12-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Ensign
# 54
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
So you guys created a system that automatically, without asking, puts an STO account on someone's PW account?

What a horrible idea.

I just came back to the game yesterday. I try to log in and it says I SHOULD link my accounts. OK, sure... try to log into my PW account and it says the account was banned... for what I have no idea, last thing I ever did was beta test your Raiderz game for you guys.

So I email about that and no response yet. That is my main account, and I THINK it has other games on it already and want to link that one. I never got an email about a ban, and never did anything to get banned other than possibly trying to log in too many times, so it should be cleared.

I then read, in another post, someone saying that if you log in with any PW account you can then just say "no" to the link and then get around to your Cryptic login. Since I have to wait to link accounts then this is how I have to do it. I use my alternate PW account (since you can only have 1 account per email) and the launchers asks "Do you have a Cryptic account", I say no since I do not want to link these two. It then creates a new STO blank account.

So at this point I am locked out of one of my two PW accounts, and locked out of my Cryptic STO account. I can't even go link my STO account to my alt account since you guys unnecessarily created an STO account there without asking me to do so.

What a way to take something that should be easy and make it insanely complicated. How about at least giving people the option to clear STO accounts off a PW account if there are no characters on that account... at least that way people can go back and link accounts properly.

Try to come back to play your game and all I end up doing is spending hours trying to figure out your ridiculous account screwups.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 55
12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Captains,

I've checked in with the CS team and they have assured me that they are on hand and answering your tickets about account linking as quickly as possible. Rest assured that your characters are not lost, and that they'll be able to help you through the process if you file a ticket at support.perfectworld.com or email in to customerservice@perfectworld.com. Please note that most players are going through the linking process without incident.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-12-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Ensign
# 56
12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I too am having this issue. I sent a ticket and got an e-mail saying I could expect a response in 3-4 business days... really???
Ensign
# 57
12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zornopology View Post
I too am having this issue. I sent a ticket and got an e-mail saying I could expect a response in 3-4 business days... really???
also hoping it wont take this long in the middle of winter grind-fest
Ensign
# 58
12-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zornopology View Post
I cant say for sure when you will be looked after but i have just had an email from someone who is now working on this problem for me and hopefully in a couple of hrs or so i can get back to playing sto.

So from me... thanks guys .. really appreciate the help... good hunting

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 12-12-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Ensign
# 59
12-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvenir View Post
"For separate, existing CRYPTIC and PERFECT WORLD accounts:

1. Navigate to the Star Trek Online website (http://sto.perfectworld.com/) or the Champions Online website (http://co.perfectworld.com/)
2. Click on ?Register/Login? in the upper right corner of the screen
3. Enter your Cryptic User Name and password
4. Click 'YES' when asked if you have an existing Perfect World account
5. Enter your PWE User Name and Password where prompted to complete linking

NOTE: Once the accounts are linked, you will need to use your Perfect World user name and password to log in."
https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4134

i think this is the same problem i am having, really hoping i can keep the cryptic one, if they can just copy it over the pwe account it would be awesome and i would be all set
Lt. Commander
A simple solution to the problem of identical account names for both cryptic and pwe is a radio button that tells the login that you are accessing the cryptic account. then the websirte can advance to the do you have a pwe account question.