Captain
# 131
12-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Think of it as Galaxy Quest: The Next Generation and it all makes perfect sense.
Not that, was a good film
Survivor of Romulus
# 132
12-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Id trade the leading cast into trek in place of the jj mess anyday

TOS By Grabthar's hammer, you shall be avenged!

And Crewman number whatever it was would make a better captain than "kiddy kirk"
Starfleet Veteran
# 133
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I believe John Harrison was the name of the Enterprise-B's Captain in Star Trek Generations, which begs the question: If Kirk was OLD by Generations, and Harrison was YOUNG how can Harrison be on the Enterprise when KIRK is YOUNG?

Of course, I'm probably getting the character's name mixed up with someone else.

EDIT: Yep, I am. The Ent-B's Captain was John HARRIMAN not Harrison.
My Fan Fictions

Last edited by ryan218; 12-12-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 134
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
I believe John Harrison was the name of the Enterprise-B's Captain in Star Trek Generations, which begs the question: If Kirk was OLD by Generations, and Harrison was YOUNG how can Harrison be on the Enterprise when KIRK is YOUNG?

Of course, I'm probably getting the character's name mixed up with someone else.
The Enterprise-B's captain was John Harriman, not Harrison So I'm thinking they're simply misleading us with 'John Harrison' being Benedict's character's name, until such time as the film comes out
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Starfleet Veteran
# 135
12-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
The Enterprise-B's captain was John Harriman, not Harrison So I'm thinking they're simply misleading us with 'John Harrison' being Benedict's character's name, until such time as the film comes out
Yep, you're right. I checked against my DVD copy of Generations right after posting. Knew I got it wrong!
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 136
12-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Simply put, we won't know anything till, either the movie is released, or they have a special showing to the troops in Kuwait like last time about a month ahead time.

Did I ever mention I saw the last Star trek movie about a month ahead of the rest of y'all?
Empire Veteran
# 137
12-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwinters1701 View Post
Simply put, we won't know anything till, either the movie is released, or they have a special showing to the troops in Kuwait like last time about a month ahead time.

Did I ever mention I saw the last Star trek movie about a month ahead of the rest of y'all?
Not that I remember, but if the same thing happens to you again with Into Darkness, leave the movie a secret for the rest of us

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 138 Good Stuff
12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Whatever the deal is I am looking forward to this movie, I loved the Star Trek Reboot! The fact that it?s a separate timeline makes it even better because it doesn't destroy TOS; it?s just a different version of events going left where the old Kirk turned right! Also the characters all will have different personalities due to the changes in their life experiences!

I know people hate on Reboots, but this one did in the right way!
Empire Veteran
# 139
12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soverignred View Post
Whatever the deal is I am looking forward to this movie, I loved the Star Trek Reboot! The fact that it?s a separate timeline makes it even better because it doesn't destroy TOS; it?s just a different version of events going left where the old Kirk turned right! Also the characters all will have different personalities due to the changes in their life experiences!

At least you get it: that this doesn't destroy the original, but only exists alongside it

Captain
# 140
12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soverignred View Post

First of all, welcome to the party Reboots can be good (Batman, for example did a great job of moving away from the Burton and Schumacher films) and as a movie, I thought JJ Trek was okay. Yes, it was alternate reality so anything goes, but to me, that was just an excuse to write/film whatever they wanted, and still get to slap the name Star Trek on it to get the views, safe in the knowledge they can deflect any critique by saying "Oh but it's alternate reality, so we can do that..."