Lt. Commander
# 51
02-03-2010, 11:48 PM
My Borg BO routinely uses Superior Neural Blast. It's pretty sweet. However, it doesn't seem to be an ability I can upgrade.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashandarei
Efficient is not a +5 to your power levels. It's a +5 to the four stats in the trait - you can find them in the Starship Engineering skill tree. If that translated to +5 power level, then purchasing those skills would give you +52 base power to your systems. The amount of power it gives is based on a formula, where you get greater returns when you're at low power levels.

For the traits that affect power levels, you won't actually see the power bonus until you purchase one rank of the skill. It's something we're looking into.
I've purchased all 4 of those skills, and they do not reflect on my character sheet.

Will add ticket number later.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurangzeb
My Borg BO routinely uses Superior Neural Blast. It's pretty sweet. However, it doesn't seem to be an ability I can upgrade.
How do you get your BO to do this?
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-04-2010, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Efficient is not a +5 to your power levels. It's a +5 to the four stats in the trait - you can find them in the Starship Engineering skill tree. If that translated to +5 power level, then purchasing those skills would give you +52 base power to your systems. The amount of power it gives is based on a formula, where you get greater returns when you're at low power levels.

For the traits that affect power levels, you won't actually see the power bonus until you purchase one rank of the skill. It's something we're looking into.
Can you then please explain which skills actually affect power levels? It is not very clear and there's a lot of people spouting information with little evidence.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by durdenswrath View Post
How do you get your BO to do this?
Beats me. I don't control it, I can't upgrade it. I'll just see some crazy green crap, and a Klingon will have a "Superior Neural Blast" affecting him for ~30 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurangzeb
And there's a new Dev post that confirms this observation!!!!

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=104949
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaintrix
I've purchased all 4 of those skills, and they do not reflect on my character sheet.
They will only appear if you are in system space.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Noticed that the borg nanites increase shield regeneration by 10%, however from what I've seen, this does not persist in battle. While it does help to regenerate faster, wasn't the regeneration and shield regeneration supposed to happen during battle as well?

As far as the efficient properties go, I'm now seeing them on my character stats, but they still are not applying. Do I still need to get to Commander status and purchase the skills before they take effect?
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
They will only appear if you are in system space.
Correction, they will only appear dirtside. I have no idea why you guys chose to handle it this way, and I did bug it a couple of days ago. It's just unnecessarily confusing.
Career Officer
# 60
12-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Three years later, and as far as I can tell, this still isn't working.