Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Featured Project Rerun
12-12-2012, 12:00 PM
From tomorrow through mid-January, previously run Starbase and Embassy Featured Projects will become available for fleets to slot and complete! Read more for additional details.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
12-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Thank you for not introducing a new Starbase project.
Captain
# 3
12-12-2012, 12:04 PM
same price of 200k dilithium or like was said in one interview that a drop in price for the reruns ?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
12-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
same price of 200k dilithium or like was said in one interview that a drop in price for the reruns ?
They are the same.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 5
12-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
They are the same.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So... STILL no decision on REDUCING the overpriced dilithium cost of "Featured Projects" ? As if upgrading the starbase isn't expensive as hell already.

Also, will Cryptic ever add functions to allow features to be toggled on/off, similar to the new Breen holo-display? Tribbles are nice and all, but having them spread out over the Ops level all the time, is just f---ing stupid.
Career Officer
# 6
12-12-2012, 12:20 PM
They are not overpriced, they are aimed at fleets and fleets generally have enough people together to gather 200K DL rather easily, the project lasts barely a day and we only have 3 or 4 people logged in on average.

You can turn off the tribbles if you go see the dude at the bar.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Captain
# 7
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
They are not overpriced, they are aimed at fleets and fleets generally have enough people together to gather 200K DL rather easily, the project lasts barely a day and we only have 3 or 4 people logged in on average.

You can turn off the tribbles if you go see the dude at the bar.
1. "Cosmetic" updates should never cost more than a large amount of the actual "Fleet Projects". 200k Dilithium is significantly more than most "Tier 1" projects, and even at a Fleet's smallest size (5 people), that's still 40k Dilithium per member, or 5 full days of reaching the Refining Cap. Add to that, you have the Reputation grind, DOff assignments, buying gear, buying ships, and possibly converting Dilithium to Zen, and you run out of Dilithium rather quick. I'd rather pay a steep amount of for example 'Expertise', since I have several million that go unused.

2. "Turn off" implies that the function doesn't automatically go back on. The "dude at the bar" does not permanently disable the Tribbles. If you have the "Breen holoship" unlocked, you'll see how it can be toggled on/off.

A better solution for the on/off toggle, is to add a new page to the Fleet UI (only visible to Officers/Leaders), which has all the listed "Featured Projects" that have been unlocked, and allow the Officers/Leaders to toggle each and every one of them at will.

On a related "Featured Project" subject; Will there ever be new projects to add cosmetic "upgrades" to the lower levels of the Fleet Bases? Atleast so you make them look less copy-and-paste than they currently are.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
No discount? Lame. These projects are too expensive.
Rihannsu
# 9
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
...You can turn off the tribbles if you go see the dude at the bar.
My fleet originally chose to skip the tribble pile project (as a waste of resources), and I tend to agree. But thanks for this info anyway, in case we ever change our mind and add it, it'll be good to know you can turn it off.

Tribbles, 2012 Breen "Holo-Ornament", ... Are there any other projects that can be turned on/off?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 10
12-12-2012, 01:02 PM
In our fleet we have done all the projects, and it's been hard work (Specially with only 17 members). But for the most part I like all of them. But I would like to see the tribble project change for been off by default. The starbase look kind of messy with all the tribbles around. I know you can turn them off, but it should be the other way around.
Closed Thread