Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
12-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrocer56 View Post
I also just registered on the site @mrgrocer. I have been pvping since beta, took a long break and slowly getting back into the swing of the things. I know I am definitely not coach material but would like to help this project in any way that I can, as STO is the only game I have ever became a serious pvper in. I am not very vocal on OPvP but lurk a lot and try to talk to some of our better players after facing them to learn some more tips.

Please let me know anything I can do to help this great project!

And to its organizers......THANK YOU!
Thanks for this note. At this point, where we most need help is in the area of advertisement. You may have noticed that @drkfrontiers provided directions (See above) for how to create a keybind that will provide people with a link to the Boot Camp website. "Spam" this whenever you have finished a PvP match or at in Kerrat, etc. Also, if you could like your whole fleet know about the event, we would appreciate that as well. And finally, even if you have been PvP-ing for a while, considering showing up for the first event. It is very likely that in the future we will have advanced courses for people like you who have the basics but need something to take them to their next levels.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Career Officer
# 12
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Thanks for this note. At this point, where we most need help is in the area of advertisement. You may have noticed that @drkfrontiers provided directions (See above) for how to create a keybind that will provide people with a link to the Boot Camp website. "Spam" this whenever you have finished a PvP match or at in Kerrat, etc. Also, if you could like your whole fleet know about the event, we would appreciate that as well. And finally, even if you have been PvP-ing for a while, considering showing up for the first event. It is very likely that in the future we will have advanced courses for people like you who have the basics but need something to take them to their next levels.
Sounds great, will do on all counts. Already put myself down on the event calendar, if that is just for coaches, let me know and I will remove it.
Commander
# 13
12-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Are you Seven of Eleven? If so, then yes, we got it. Thanks! Let me know if that is not your "designation."=)
No, I'm not. @cliftona91 is my @ handle
Captain
# 14
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
No, I'm not. @cliftona91 is my @ handle
hmmm, I am not seeing your name in the members list and I don't see any open applications. Is it possible that you have another shivtr account and that your screen name shows up as something different?

One more question. You filled out the application, right? Or did you just register for a Shivtr account? If you don't mind, please make sure you filled out an application (see the "Apply to Community" link on the right hand side of the page). If this doesn't work I will consult with drkfrontiers, who is the site creator. Sorry for the inconvenience!!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Awesome, that bind will come in handy. I'll also make the push to try to get some of the fleetmates who said they were interested in learning to register for bootcamp
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 16
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Great news!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
# 17
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Thanks, Aquitaine. I have you down on the Boot Camp website as a coach rank. You should be able to see this by checking your status. Please just confirm for me your @handle ingame. Is it @aquitaine? Thanks!
@Aquitaine985 - Cheers!
Career Officer
# 18
12-12-2012, 01:15 PM
I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?
http://hilbertguide.com
Captain
# 19
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
I think unless Cryptic fixes the T4 stuff, you can just cancel bootcamp.

If the students have Omega T4 shield healing, they will be virtually immortal. How could you possibly teach PVP if nobody ever explodes?
It would be a shame to dismiss over 200 applicants.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Survivor of Remus
# 20
12-12-2012, 04:03 PM
I have to agree I have the omega T4 healing and I looking at 1.8k heals every 6 sec... Now that's per facing shield so if I run a tac team with that it = almost god mode... But on the flip side I'm glad that the devs brought this up is such a great blog I even changed my ship name to pvp bootcamp and have had so many people asking about it sad part it that unless some of the bugs get fixed its going to be hard to teach unless your running FBP or DEM