Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 121
# 21
12-12-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the Tachyon Harmonic fix! other stuff looks good too!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,141
# 22
12-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowsto View Post
It is really painful for me to say that, because I really want to see tachyon harmonics working again after that long time, but I think it now has a side effect which isn't working as it should

The shield drain works wonderful, so good that the targeted psg doesn't regenerate at all for more than 1 minute. We tested it within a pvp setup with tachyon harmonics III against [Omega Force Personal Shield Mk XII], no regeneration. We used a [Personal Shield Standard Issue] next, no regeneration, we then switched to MK XII maco, it regenerates, but only with the +2 shieldregeneration from [M.A.C.O. Armor Mk XII]. We used all other psgs we had on our toons, no regeneration effect detectable

I'm thinking that dropping the shields and not letting them regenerate is not working as intented and that you have to look at it again.
As the victim in this test, I will add that shields will regen if the tachyon hamronics III 15% shield offline effect procs, however after normal hits with tachyon harmonics III, the shields did not regen at all. During this test nothing else was used except the harmonics III itself.

We also tried weapons fire to make sure that it wasn't shield regen that was bugged and under other circumstances the shield regen worked as it should kicking in after a few seconds of not taking damage.

We also tried hitting our test dummy (me) with harmonics III and then while the shield was not recharging, the dummy was shot with a normal weapon and the shield began to recharge a few seconds later.

I think something is wrong with the shields themselves being unable to recharge after a normal hit from harmonics III.

The only shield regen that took place while the shields were drained was passive shield healing (borg nanites, maco armor passive shield regen and regenerative shield augmentation from the reputation system.), the shield itself would not recharge as it should.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 390
# 23
12-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegon1ice View Post
You know what?

Point 1)
We have been asking for a year to fix the ridiculous and 100% broken invisible Borg torpedoes and still nothing.

Point 2)
What's with the non functional Reputation items such as Prostethic Arm or Romulan DoFFs and BoFFs?

Both nothing.

Great priorities. But hey, let go and immediately fix a temporary event.
it has been mention what the problem with the invisible torps are it's a priority thing by the game engine would you rather see you ship firing its weapons or see a torp spread that only gets used every so often a red alert round, most people can survive the spread unless they have crappy gear or there shields are gone.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 916
# 24
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
The team is working on fixes for these. If I'm not mistaken, point 2 was only reported in the forums for the first time today. It takes some time to implement fixes, test them, and then get them out for you to test on Tribble.



We're actually adding in the fun. Most players couldn't even make it to the lake in time (even when they were in the instance) when the event started because the snowmen and overlord were mowed down so fast.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
but adding to many will get old fast , dont get me wrong i enjoy something new but changing this beyond a certain point is useless
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 25
12-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
it has been mention what the problem with the invisible torps are it's a priority thing by the game engine would you rather see you ship firing its weapons or see a torp spread that only gets used every so often a red alert round, most people can survive the spread unless they have crappy gear or there shields are gone.
Funny.

I have rather good gear (Mk XII MACO shields) as well as appropriate resistance consoles in the Enginering slots. I have been hit (more than once), by "invisible torpedoes" that have dealt in excess of 75k+ damage to my ship, when my ship had 100% shields and 100% hull. Explain that?

"Would I rather see my ship firing its weapons, or see an enemy projectile which is launched infrequently"

I'll take option #3: I would like to see my ships weapons firing, AND seeing my enemy fire it's weapons AT THE SAME TIME. Bridge Commander was capable of it. As was Starfleet Command, as was Star Trek Legacy, and atleast a half-dozen other Star Trek games. Are you now saying that Cryptic's engine (and developers) are inferior to games that are over 10 years old?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,463
# 26
12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Is the Rapid Plasma Torpedo Launcher the same thing as the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher and part of the Romulan Singularity Harness?
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 9
# 27
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
As the victim in this test, I will add that shields will regen if the tachyon hamronics III 15% shield offline effect procs, however after normal hits with tachyon harmonics III, the shields did not regen at all. During this test nothing else was used except the harmonics III itself.

We also tried weapons fire to make sure that it wasn't shield regen that was bugged and under other circumstances the shield regen worked as it should kicking in after a few seconds of not taking damage.

We also tried hitting our test dummy (me) with harmonics III and then while the shield was not recharging, the dummy was shot with a normal weapon and the shield began to recharge a few seconds later.

I think something is wrong with the shields themselves being unable to recharge after a normal hit from harmonics III.

The only shield regen that took place while the shields were drained was passive shield healing (borg nanites, maco armor passive shield regen and regenerative shield augmentation from the reputation system.), the shield itself would not recharge as it should.
1. Thanks for the tachyon harmonic fix, I felt useless without it.

2. The no-regen-effect is not new. I tried some things with a fleetmate befor season 7 on a ground pvp map and he had the same problem (he used the mk xi omega set). I thought it was the offline proc but the shields didn't regenerate for more than it's duration and it appeared every time i used tachyon harmonic 3. - I know i'm a bit late now.

3. Please let me turn OFF the Shoulder Camera in ground RPG mode.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...01#post6838101

I don't want my char in the left corner and if i disabel aimwithcam i cannot see if i'm aiming.

Last edited by flur1n; 12-12-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,141
# 28
12-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flur1n View Post
1. Thanks for the tachyon harmonic fix, I felt useless without it.

2. The no-regen-effect is not new. I tried some things with a fleetmate befor season 7 on a ground pvp map and he had the same problem (he used the mk xi omega set). I thought i was the offline proc but the shields didn't regenerate for more than it's duration and it appeared every time i uset tachyon harmonic 3. - I know i'm a bit late now.
1. Very much agreed.

2. I wasn't aware of this as, it was only during testing on tribble after the patch earlier that I picked up on it.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 29
12-12-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm concerned about Beefing the Snow Overlord.

How players in small populations zones, that do not have a large arsenal of nothing but snowballs, manage to defeat the Snow Overlord?

Don't tell me you are counting on people changing instances to drop it before the time limit is up?
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
# 30
12-12-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
  • Added a Trade-in Store to the GPL Conversion Unit that will allow you to exchange Winter Epohh pets for Romulan Marks.
Yes! Rewards for the exploiters!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:45 PM.