Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 91
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
In regard to the Trans stuff and eating hull, based on a couple of discussions from other threads I've been playing around with something over on the PvE side. I haven't actually tried this with Trans (I'm playing with Plasma and Trics) nor do I have the T4 Kinetic Proc.

In another thread, we were discussing the THY/TS/PWO - the overlap of THY/TS available - and decloaking. Basically, while cloaked you can THY...wait the 15s triggered CD on TS...hit that, decloak - and you'll fire off the THY and TS near the same time - your torps will continue to fire off each second and it won't be long before you can THY/TS again.

That 15s triggered CD - would also apply to a second THY. If you have two Trans launchers, while cloaked - you trigger THY#1, wait 15s, trigger THY#2, decloak, fire - you should have two back to back THY Trans. Like I said though, I've been playing with Plas/Tric on the PvE side (firing off back to back Heavy Plasma Torps followed by the Tric - so all three are heading toward the target - pointless in PvP because they'd be shot down - but a trip in PvE).

So pair those two Trans, with two THY, with a pair of Dual Cannons (for the faster RoF), add in CRF, and add the Kinetic Proc...

The KineticProc is 2.5% for the cannons and 5% for the torps.

And while TBR is no longer lolTBR, pick up TBR. Add in a Romulan Particle Gen [Pla] for the 2.5% Plasma DoT.

Grab a Sci Captain for the Subnuke, eh?

So...

Cloak
THY#1
Wait 15s
THY#2
Decloak
CRF
Fire
TBR them away from the healer
Subnuke if they try to APO/PH the TBR

I could even see adding in a DPB'd Trans launcher, because they might not doing anything during the WTFmoment that might ensue. Mines get a 5% Kinetic Proc as well (2.5% directed energy/5% torps & mines).

Folks were running hullbusters before - that 5%(2.5% energy) kinetic proc should make the more fun, eh?

Oh well, back to playing over in PvEland with my destructibles (heh, might add a Breen Cluster and ooooh, the Breen Energy one when I get the Chel - yeah, completely useless in PvP... but PvP itself is kind of feeling useless anyway)...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 92
12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Re: the T4 Omega shield heal passive

I checked in with the team after I passed along your feedback about this passive and was told that it is too powerful and is going to get a nerf.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 93
12-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

I don't know when, I don't know how, but I checked in with the team/ passed along your feedback about this passive and was told that it is too powerful and is going to get a nerf.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Great news. Still holding out on choosing my T4 abilities until this gets sorted out.

Is a placate immunity going to be applied to the T4 Romulan placate ability, like Borticus said all of the T4 abilities were supposed to get?

Last edited by shookyang; 12-12-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Commander
# 94
12-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:

I checked in with the team after I passed along your feedback about this passive and was told that it is too powerful and is going to get a nerf.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
*readies the cherub choir*

I'm so happy this will get sorted out soon.
Captain
# 95
12-12-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's nice to see a quick fix pvp related
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 96
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
good news: broken as hell passive getting fixed!

bad news: i missed it lol
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 97
12-12-2012, 05:07 PM
I hope we get a official way to respec the passives soon. It would upset players a lot of more of them get changed in the future.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 98
12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
this is ok for you guys that pvp but what about the guys that only pve,
it maybe over powered in pvp but in pvp it means the borg queen doesnt 1 shot you anymore.
You all have the chance to get the same skills so instead of crying over it and making the whole game pay for you few pvp'ers why not just all get the skills then it will even it all out,
now the rest of the game has got to pay the price for a few cry baby pvp'ers.
Get branflakes to test the same skills in space onslaught elite and tell me the skills are over powered,
im sick of this bloody game chancing stuff all the time which then cost me my real money to put right,
if your going to nerf these skills into hell and back then at least get your balls out and man up and give us a free respec token. Your comapny is worse then bigpoint who are the worse con men online,
you bring something out make it amazing get everyone to spend there cash then nerf it to hell then do the same next week,
you should re name the company to digital con men it would be more fitting

Last edited by retrosrages; 12-12-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 99
12-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
it maybe over powered in pvp but in pvp it means the borg queen doesnt 1 shot you anymore.
You all have the chance to get the same skills so instead of crying over it and making the whole game pay for you few pvp'ers why not just all get the skills then it will even it all out,
Get branflakes to test the same skills in space onslaught elite and tell me the skills are over powered,
im sick of this bloody game chancing stuff all the time which then cost me my real money to put right,
if your going to nerf these skills into hell and back then at least get your balls out and man up and give us a free respec token. Your comapny is worse then bigpoint who are the worse con men online,
you bring something out make it amazing get everyone to spend there cash then nerf it to hell then do the same next week,
Get a non-fail build. Use my siglink or drunk's thread as a reference point.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Captain
# 100
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
Er... I can't think of a single change in the game that was made for PvP.

Heck, the most recent before this one that comes to mind - Tractor Beam Repulsors.

Folks complained, complained, complained - provided oodles and oodles and oodles of feedback/info on it.

Didn't matter.

Now when the PvE folks started rocking and rolling No Win with it... tada, they addressed it.

So I think that you'll find that once again, this was a change made because it wasn't working on the PvE side - not from the complaints of folks over on the PvP side. PvE folks were doing something better than they should have been able to do it...

...which means, and Hell - you even did it in your post here - that you should go over to the appropriate section of the forums and cry that something's too hard.

Just saying...

Oh, and have a nice day.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit