12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Actually you do BOTH or you fall behind
Grind AND Pay
Empire Veteran
# 12
12-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Grind or pay real cash? What would you prefer? Oh wait.... we have the "option" of either! How stupid of me!
Don't listen to him too much He lives too much in his own little world, and is closed-minded to anything that isn't his opinion.

And on this topic, voted for STO. Free-to-play is Free-to-play, grind or not Grind does not cost anything but time (and nothing can be free of time, so yeah)
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Better my "little world" than the broken one outside perhaps
Captain
# 14
12-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Actually you do BOTH or you fall behind
Grind AND Pay
Not true! I haven't paid a cent since I bought the Oddy bundle when it was first released! And even then, I only needed a 500 cpoint top up because I was too impatient to to wait another couple of days to grind the 500 points in dil.

Since then, I've purchased 6 toon slots, Playable Caitin, Costumes, 4 or 5 c-store ships for lower level toons, lockbox keys times god knows how many etc. etc. all by simply grinding and exchanging Dilithium!

And right now as we speak I have almost 4k Zen built up from dil exchanges alone and no cash. I don't feel like I'm falling behind in the game at all and the only reason I'm saving my zen from dil right now is in hope that the possible Ambassador give away for the 3rd anniversary will have it's 3 pack +1 bundle in the cstore sometime soon after.

So you see... You can grind and play for free like I have and never fall behind if you do it right!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 12-12-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d View Post
Not true! I haven't paid a cent since I bought the Oddy bundle when it was first released! And even then, I only needed a 500 cpoint top up because I was too impatient to to wait another couple of days to grind the 500 points in dil.

Since then, I've purchased 6 toon slots, Playable Caitin, Costumes, 4 or 5 c-store ships for lower level toons, lockbox keys times god knows how many etc. etc. all by simply grinding and exchanging Dilithium!

And right now as we speak I have almost 4k Zen built up from dil exchanges alone and no cash. I don't feel like I'm falling behind in the game at all and the only reason I'm saving my zen from dil right now is in hope that the possible Ambassador give away for the 3rd anniversary will have it's 3 pack +1 bundle in the cstore sometime soon after.

So you see... You can grind and play for free like I have and never fall behind if you do it right!
You're arguing to a brick wall here, my friend Ignore him as most of us are doing; he's proven he's not worthy of logical discussions

Heck, an old proven T came and said he wasn't even doing it right That said something right there
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
12-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Cheer up
I will probably be gone soon
Data threat is now too great
and the Grind is too big

but hint if someone calls you a troll it means you are winning
Career Officer
# 17
12-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Sorry Bran, maybe next year. I'm a bit busy dilithium grinding at the moment...
Survivor of Remus
# 18
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Can't be that busy if you found time to post here.........

I've cast my vote bran.
Commander
# 19
12-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Don't listen to him too much He lives too much in his own little world, and is closed-minded to anything that isn't his opinion.
Excuse me? telling someone they are 'closed minded' is an offensive term designed to ridicule a person and convince others to do the same. Telling someone they are in their 'own little world' is ignorant.

Stop belittling people

Quote:
You're arguing to a brick wall here, my friend Ignore him as most of us are doing; he's proven he's not worthy of logical discussions
and here you are doing it again. Twice on the same page on the same thread. You do not speak for others. Who is this 'most of us' you are referring to? You mean people who don't make excuses for what goes on around here? A brick wall? Not worthy of logical discussion? Who are you to make claims like that

and no, this game doesn't deserve a vote for best anything
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
12-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Currently 80% say STO is the best. Interesting. Though not entirely unexpected.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584