Empire Veteran
We did some testing on tribble after the patch today to try out the harmonics fix, we post details of the new bugs in repsonse to the release notes but I feel as it is a bug it should be made here too, I'll quote what was said there.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71#post7057571

In the release notes the below are posts #19 and #22 respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadowsto View Post
It is really painful for me to say that, because I really want to see tachyon harmonics working again after that long time, but I think it now has a side effect which isn't working as it should

The shield drain works wonderful, so good that the targeted psg doesn't regenerate at all for more than 1 minute. We tested it within a pvp setup with tachyon harmonics III against [Omega Force Personal Shield Mk XII], no regeneration. We used a [Personal Shield Standard Issue] next, no regeneration, we then switched to MK XII maco, it regenerates, but only with the +2 shieldregeneration from [M.A.C.O. Armor Mk XII]. We used all other psgs we had on our toons, no regeneration effect detectable

I'm thinking that dropping the shields and not letting them regenerate is not working as intented and that you have to look at it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
As the victim in this test, I will add that shields will regen if the tachyon hamronics III 15% shield offline effect procs, however after normal hits with tachyon harmonics III, the shields did not regen at all. During this test nothing else was used except the harmonics III itself.

We also tried weapons fire to make sure that it wasn't shield regen that was bugged and under other circumstances the shield regen worked as it should kicking in after a few seconds of not taking damage.

We also tried hitting our test dummy (me) with harmonics III and then while the shield was not recharging, the dummy was shot with a normal weapon and the shield began to recharge a few seconds later.

I think something is wrong with the shields themselves being unable to recharge after a normal hit from harmonics III.

The only shield regen that took place while the shields were drained was passive shield healing (borg nanites, maco armor passive shield regen and regenerative shield augmentation from the reputation system.), the shield itself would not recharge as it should.

If anyone thinks we're missing anything here, please feel free to add to it. I want my harmonics back.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 2
12-12-2012, 09:14 PM
This actually happened before season seven was released. When tachyon harmonics hits a personal shield generator, the generator does not realized that it has taken damage. Now, as soon as any weapon is fired at the player with a tachyon harmonics depleted shield, the shield registers damage and regenerates normally. This has never had an effect on gameplay because human players are always taking other damage when they get hit with tachyon harmonics. The only time it would ever be noticed is in situations like your test. The ability and just the ability was hitting the player.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
This has never had an effect on gameplay because human players are always taking other damage when they get hit with tachyon harmonics. The only time it would ever be noticed is in situations like your test. The ability and just the ability was hitting the player.
I never do this but this deserves in.. /QFT

I think it's just never noticed because people are just to busy pew pewing to pick up on it.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 4
12-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
I never do this but this deserves in.. /QFT

I think it's just never noticed because people are just to busy pew pewing to pick up on it.
My fleet leader and I actually tested the effectiveness of tachyon harmonics back in September on Shanty Town. Tachyon Harmonics will drain the shields. Those shields will remain drained until another player deals any damage to them. A single shot from a pistol will negate the effect.