Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lieutenant
So, I just noticed that the omega rep rewards don't include any space weapons besides a couple of novelty ones. How does one get MK XII Ap weapons now, aside from the exchange (which is ridiculously priced for APs)? I was in the process of outfitting my ship with Mk XII gear and got most of it done, but I'm still missing some turrets. I noticed that neural processors can get you mkxii gear?is that just for stuff like the Omega set etc.?

p.s.
I've never seen an antiproton weapon drop as loot anywhere. And I can't remember the last time I saw a Mk XII drop in an elite stf.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Captain
# 2
12-12-2012, 09:04 PM
If you want Mk XII AP space weapons, you're going to have to go to the fleet shop.
Lieutenant
# 3
12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Reason #9001 to get a fleet going.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Lieutenant
# 4
12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Also, this brings up another question. The romulan rep system does give you MKII weapons?but they're plasma. I've been told over and over again that plasma is the only weapon type you should avoid because their proc is useless. Is this still true, or did season 7 make plasma useful? I'm wondering this because I'm seeing way more plasma ships that seem to be performing well in STFs etc.

Captain
# 5
12-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Plasma is mostly weak in PvP, where many people are still running the STF set shields, which have a 20% Plasma damage reduction. It's only slightly weaker in PvE due to the fact that its bonus is damage over time instead of a short, sharp burst of damage like disruptor breach or AP crits can deliver (meaning that it's not as good at immediately KOing an opponent but more for wearing it down over time). However, Romulan Plasma weapons have both the enviable [Acc]x2 modifier freely available as well as providing the Disruptor Breach proc along with the Plasma Fire proc, making them better than normal Plasma weapons.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
12-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
Also, this brings up another question. The romulan rep system does give you MKII weapons?but they're plasma. I've been told over and over again that plasma is the only weapon type you should avoid because their proc is useless. Is this still true, or did season 7 make plasma useful? I'm wondering this because I'm seeing way more plasma ships that seem to be performing well in STFs etc.
its useless in PvP due to everyone having shields that reduce the plasma damage and running HE to undo the DoT proc...but PvE is still really good for a cheap set of weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Commander
# 7
12-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Its possible that with a ship like the vesta that has lots of tac slots and lots of sci slots you could combine the plasma romulan sci consoles to easily available purple tac consoles and negate the stf set reduction.

Dont think we can say anything till they get the complete romulan rep tiers working and get the placeholder items out or at least updated as far as sets go. At any rate it will definitely be a barnburner of a PvE set.

Antiproton stuff is sorta hit in the head now if you dont have the borg pieces as the fleet advanced stuff isnt that great. Maybe the Elite space weps will be better.
Captain
# 8
12-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
Antiproton stuff is sorta hit in the head now if you dont have the borg pieces as the fleet advanced stuff isnt that great. Maybe the Elite space weps will be better.
Borg APs aren't better than the Advanced Fleet APs except for the [CrtH] modifier. Elite Fleet space weapons will, like with Elite Fleet ground weapons, be available in Phaser and Disruptor only.
Captain
# 9
12-13-2012, 06:23 PM
You can craft them at Memery Alpha

http://www.stowiki.org/Crafting
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Commander
# 10
12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote: