Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
# 11
12-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Heh, okay, not many fleets have a T4 shipyard; my bad.

But if you COULD get one... would you? I'm trying hard to like the Fleet Neggie, but it kind of seems like Fleet Vorcha is giving up 10% practical survivability for 50% more firepower...
Commander
# 12
12-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Heh, okay, not many fleets have a T4 shipyard; my bad.

But if you COULD get one... would you? I'm trying hard to like the Fleet Neggie, but it kind of seems like Fleet Vorcha is giving up 10% practical survivability for 50% more firepower...
In the House of Jupiter (KDF version of Jupiter Force), we have a T4 shipyard available and I was thinking about purchasing the Fleet Negh'var for my KDF Engineer. However, looking at the upgrades from the ordinary Negh'var and the Vor'cha, the Vor'cha waaayyy outclasses it so I got it for my KDF Tactical (and it's awesome!).

I would probably get the Fleet Negh'var eventually, but not one of my priorities. I prefer the Vor'cha with better DPS layout and higher Turn Rate. (I even tried the HoH'SuS and it's pretty cool too )
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Captain
# 13
12-13-2012, 04:33 AM
The Fleet Neggy is a tank from hell. It can probably shrug off all but the strongest of high yield borg torps, and it can certainly survive anything thrown at it. It's the ideal Engineering battlecruiser.

But on my tactical KDF toon, I find myself in love with my Tor'Kaht. She's tankier than my raptor, can still move around quite well for a ship her size, and has tremendous forward facing firepower. Plus she's quite aesthetically pleasing. She's arguably the best tactical battlecruiser available to the KDF (until the chel'gret becomes more widespread).

But if I ever ran an engi on my KDF (a distinct possibility), or a science (also a strong possibility), I would put them in the Neggy/Vo'Quv. But for the sake of this thread, I would do Negh'var. If you look at the BOff layout of the fleet neggy, she is great for tanking and healing. She can basically do what fed cruisers are known for doing. Keep everyone else alive and never die herself. And at the same time, she can still give out some pretty hefty DPS.

All that being said and done, I would use her, but not for a tac. For an engi or sci, definitely. But a tac is kinda wasted in a neggy, the fleet tor'kaht is where you want to go if you do battlecruisers.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Empire Veteran
# 14
12-13-2012, 06:52 AM
We are getting the t4 shipyard soon (early next week?)but the fleet neg'var has too much engineering. The t2 battle cruiser is better.
Career Officer
# 15
12-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I'll be using one for PVE as soon as I can get one. Currently I use the non fleet version very effectively for those missions where burst damage is of lesser value than other abilities.

And yes I have 3 versions of the Vor'cha to compare my Negvahr to. And I do like all of them.

Cheers happy flying!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Captain
# 16
12-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
I'll be using one for PVE as soon as I can get one. Currently I use the non fleet version very effectively for those missions where burst damage is of lesser value than other abilities.

And yes I have 3 versions of the Vor'cha to compare my Negvahr to. And I do like all of them.

Cheers happy flying!
The original look/skin of the Vor'cha is the best looking BC around - the Neg is just kind of a bloated whale.
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
The Negh'var is great. Pretty much 3 fed ships in one thanks to the universal ensign. Plus better handling. I have one char slot left, and will start my KDF engineer specifically for this ship. As soon as I can afford to take some days off to level him.
Captain
# 18
12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
I would if the cost wasn't so high.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
12-13-2012, 07:19 PM
It's not really my style of ship. I might buy it at some point but probably not (we're only about half way to tier 4 anyway).
Career Officer
# 20
12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
The Fleet Neggy is a tank from hell. It can probably shrug off all but the strongest of high yield borg torps, and it can certainly survive anything thrown at it. It's the ideal Engineering battlecruiser.

But on my tactical KDF toon, I find myself in love with my Tor'Kaht. She's tankier than my raptor, can still move around quite well for a ship her size, and has tremendous forward facing firepower. Plus she's quite aesthetically pleasing. She's arguably the best tactical battlecruiser available to the KDF (until the chel'gret becomes more widespread).

But if I ever ran an engi on my KDF (a distinct possibility), or a science (also a strong possibility), I would put them in the Neggy/Vo'Quv. But for the sake of this thread, I would do Negh'var. If you look at the BOff layout of the fleet neggy, she is great for tanking and healing. She can basically do what fed cruisers are known for doing. Keep everyone else alive and never die herself. And at the same time, she can still give out some pretty hefty DPS.

All that being said and done, I would use her, but not for a tac. For an engi or sci, definitely. But a tac is kinda wasted in a neggy, the fleet tor'kaht is where you want to go if you do battlecruisers.

I think I get what you're saying. But no. I say no because I'm not sure you're clear on what the different captain abilities bring to the table as opposed to what you can skill any captain to bring. I also say this as a player that uses a tac captain, a sci captain, and a engineering captain in cruisers. All the tac captain abilities buff all the damage that your ship does. Period. Doffs, system batteries, gear, boffs, skills, plus the cruiser bonus will bring ship power management up to par with what an engineer can do. As the ship itself is so strong, and strong in engineerign slots, Miracle Worker [the selfish heal] isn't really a requirement, and certainly not a damage boost, to make this ship work in any role that you wished it to.

Tac will always do more damage. Sci will always bring more support. And engineers will always write the after combat reports as they'll be the only ones left.

Cheers!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.