Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 1271
12-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Yesterday was really bad - rainbows in every PuG - you know - those, who can't kill a BoP before it starts shooting the Kang, or that can't handle 2 probes in KASE. One even made me shoult "Why do you join an Elite without being prepared for it!?". I was that frustrated. And that's why I got so annoyed when a fleetmate pressed "need" on loot...I was going to tear him apart...but then again, I guess it was one of those days...
Fortunately, there was always another high DPS team mate. I was thinking this morning...why don't I turn my Cerberus into a rainbow cannon escort? Even then most likely I'll get at 4-4.5k DPS - red-blue-purple-green combination.

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 12-13-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 180
# 1272
12-13-2012, 02:49 AM
A 40-minute KASE run that had one guy sitting AFK (he was largely worthless for the Donatra fight, only getting himself killed twice and doing about 700 dps). Reported him for going afk, not that it'll help. Had another guy in an escort and a long line of unrepaired injuries. Had a bit of amusement watching him repeatedly die to a cube before said cube decided to come bother me. Tanked three of the four cubes by myself in a fleet recon science vessel, and then popped a gateway on my own (1.7km underneath with all weapon facings firing on it, plus tbr = it didn't take very long). Ended up tanking spheres and killing probes for another ten minutes before the rest of the team realized "he can handle this, let's go kill the gateway."

Donatra fight was fun though. Those -threat consoles work wonders as a frustration equalizer as the top dps for the team ends up not having to tank Donatra for most of the fight.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,279
# 1273
12-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Had a semi-bad one yesterday.

Warped into ISE in my Vesta, accompanied by a Galaxy-X, two Odysseys (from the same fleet), and a Regent. The guy in the regent greeted everyone; the only reply forthcoming was from me.

Anway, I noted that it could be a slightly longer mission as there were no escorts present. The Guy in the Regent agreed.

First cube went down, though (as we'd surmised) it took a little longer than usual. One of the Odyssey used TBR on one of the spheres which wound up too close to the right-side cube. The second Oddy aggro'ed said cube - the guy in the Regent asked if it might be sensible to go from right to left on this occasion, since the left cube remained shielded and untouched. I agreed; no other replies were forthcoming.

So myself and the guy in the Regent took the cube down (since all of the others wound up in respawn oblivion) and moved to the transformers, which the Galaxy-X was already attacking. Both myself and the guy in the Regent asked him to make sure he didn't take it's health below 10%, and made a start on the other three. Sadly, despite low DPS, the Gal-X had already reduced the transformer it was shooting to fairly low health, having had plenty of time to do so) and popped it whilst myself and the guy in the Regent were still working on ours. Only one of the Odyssey's had respawned and was prompty sent back to respawn oblivion by a sphere and the Galaxy-X followed it soon thereafter, leaving only myself and the guy in the Regent to deal with the spheres.

We did our best, and lasted well but I took four shield drains and, despite popping my quantum shield, was taken down shortly after the shield dropped, with the guy in the Regent not far behind.

Several attempts were made, mostly my myself and guy in the Regent to slow the nanite spheres, but the Odyssey's were useless (one even pushing a nanite sphere CLOSER to the generator during one failed attempt) and a valiant joint effort, involving me throwing GW III and using my Vesta's graviton shield to push the spheres away from the generator. This failed too, sadly, as despite his best attempt the Regent didn't manage to get the generator below 15%, and I wound up dying again due to severe Borg plasma spam, which no number of hazard emitters could clear.

Myself and the guy in the Regent subsequently agreed that, with the generator still sitting there at 100%, the second cube/generator/transformers still sitting there untouched, and the two of us being the only two effective players (the others being as good as write-off's due to the amount of time they were spending in respawn oblivion), this instance was a lost cause and we both agreed to bail, leaving Fail Fleet and their Galaxy-X friend to enjoy fighting a lost cause and spend huge amounts of time in respawn oblivion.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 12-13-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1274
12-13-2012, 04:24 AM
This one had me laughing for hours after it finished.

Alright, start up a KASE with some buddies of mine from both the EliteSTF and PublicEliteStf channels. Someone else had started the private room, and I only knew/flew with 2 of the guys there (host included). The other two were people I had never seen before. Anyways, in the match chat before we started, assignments were handed out. I got probe duty (Odyssey, what did you expect), and my other friend got the other probes. The host said he was goin right, and the other two stayed silent.

So we warp in, and I immediately know this is going to be a bad day. Two Odysseys (myself and one of my friends), a Kar'fi (my other friend), a bug, and a fleet MVAE. I won't state names, but the fleet they were in was one I recognized. For the wrong reasons. And my suspicions were confirmed as we blew in on the tac cube, and they proceeded to die. The amusing part was that there had only been maybe 4 shots fired from the cube, and it killed both of them, and the most hilarious part was that one of them was a bug. Of all the ships to get killed, a bug. Sufficed to say, it was up to me and my two friends to remove the tactical cube, which we did. Moron #1 and Moron #2 (thus they shall be called for the rest of this) went back in, and didn't die this time, but that had something to do with the tactical cube spending it's time trying to kill me and the other Odyssey the whole time (my DPS is pretty high, and the other Oddy has threat control on that character).

Anyways, tac cube goes down (killing the FMVAE with it's warp core breach) and I head left, the other Oddy goes right. We start killing probes. I see Moron #1's shields start to take damage. I look for him, and to my utter astonishment, he's attacking the gate... I facepalm and wait a few seconds. And right on queue, the gate blasts him apart. Moron #2 actually has enough brainpower to attack the generators. He blows the first one rather quickly (despite being an idiot, his DPS is high enough and those gens aren't that durable), and the second one goes down just as fast. I expect him to engage the cube that warps in, but nope. He kills the other two gens, and starts on the transformer. The entire time under attack by the cube. He dies shortly after a high yield hits him. Meanwhile, Moron #1 has respawned, and goes balls deep on the cube. He alpha strikes it, and takes out a HUGE chunk of it's health. And by huge, I mean a good 65% in his first pass. Then he gets tractored, and his APO3 runs out. And as anticipated, tachyon beam, followed by the high yield. Bug got the Borg boot treatment, and was squashed.

While this hilarity was going on on my side, the Kar'fi and Oddy are having a wonderful time. They are just chatting and laughing at our two idiot escorts while doing their side efficiently (or as efficiently as a sci oddy and kar'fi can).

So this is about 10:30 on the timer. And the cube is still alive (after having been spawned at around the 14:00 mark). It's below 20% hp and has no shields, but Moron #1 and Moron #2 just can't seem to kill it. I finally get frustrated, EM3 over, and blow it to kingdom come in just under 30 seconds. I hoof it back to my old spot and blow the probes that thought they could sneak past me. Right. Without the cube, Moron #1 and Moron #2 proceed to waste the transformer in less than 30 seconds.

At this point, I am not sure what had me more confused. The sheer amount of DPS that they could put out, or the fact that with all that DPS they couldn't kill anything that shot back. Anyways, they hoof it over to the side I am on (they started on the far transformer), and Moron #1 attacks the gate. Again. However he lives this time (courtesy of an ET3 and TSS2 from his friendly neighborhood Odyssey), and they start on the gens. After the second one goes down, Moron #2 gets killed by the cube (big surprise there), and then Moron #1 demonstrates his massive DPS by slapping 60% of the cubes HP away in about 15 seconds. Then he goes on cd, and dies. At this point I am starting to wonder what his BOff and console setup is. I clean up the cube (Moron #2 is still dead), check the other side. My two friends have their gate at 60% and falling.

5:00 mark on timer. All 4 transformers are down, and the right gate is at 2%. The left gate (my gate with Morons 1 & 2) is at 80%. Sufficed to say, in the space of 3 minutes, the two idiots managed to die a good 20 times in total (at least). My friend in the Kar'fi comes over, and we start on the gate (the two Morons are still in respawn oblivion). We get the gate down to 10% over the next 4 minutes. At the 1:00 mark, we tell my other oddy friend to blow their gate. They take it down in about 30 seconds, and we finish our gate off. And the big clean-up begins. The two Morons have respawned and are flying around looking pretty, while we kill the probes and spheres.

Here is where it just gets sad. Donatra makes her grand entrance, and myself and the other Oddy just dive her. The Kar'fi starts slapping her too, and we take out her forward shields in about a minute. Moron #1 is sitting about 8k off of her shooting (no CRF in sight...), and Moron #2 has split his ship (for I think the 3rd time that match), and he's attacking the tractor probes... Anyways... one of us gets too close, and Donatra cloaks. Not a surprise. So we spread out (we being the two oddys and the kar'fi). She decloaks about 5k away from her original spot and starts up her Thalaron, which is pointed straight at me. I hit my EM and get clear, and then Moron #1 charges in, guns blazing. Head on. Moron #2 starts shooting her point blank from behind. Meanwhile, the Kar'fi and other Oddy are on her left bombarding her, while I am on her right re-directing power back to weapons and I start shooting. She fires, and Moron #1 is dead again. And then he speaks... "****ing hacking NPC. You see that bull-**** one shot? This game is ****ing ********." I am so surprised that I actually have no response. Other than raucous laughter.

Sufficed to say, Moron #2 got a faceful of mines, and he never respawned for the rest of the battle. Moron #1 respawns and dives her a few more times, and after a point he's stuck in respawn oblivion as well. Which leaves myself and the other two to win. It took us 20 minutes, but we did it. As soon as Donatra explodes, the two morons respawn, and after a rather long and uncouth commentary on the "broken npcs and crappy damage programming" leave. Moron #2 never said a word the whole time.

After they leave, the 3 of us just laugh about it. I asked the host why he invited them, and he said he only invited Moron #1 because he had seen him in another STF do well. I asked him if he ever had to shoot at anything that shot back, and he said no. And he said Moron #1 invited Moron #2.

However the absolute best part about this whole thing:

Moron #1 had over 11k accolade points. And he had the Starfleet Medal of Honor Recipient as his title. Moron #2 only had 4k accolade points, and based on how he was flying and what abilities I saw (or more accurately what I didn't see), I imagine he was somewhat new.

I never died. The other Oddy died once (Donatra did her TS3 3 times in a row with 5 seconds between), and the Kar'fi never had it's shields dropped. And what really had me rofling was that I got a great drop (115 Omega Marks, 11 BnPs, and a mk XI blue phaser relay plus a mk XII purple deflector).

So yeah. The very first fail bug I have ever seen outside of PvP. You can probably see why I was laughing about this match for hours after... XD
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 53
# 1275
12-13-2012, 05:16 AM
I had an infected manus yesterday. To be honest, I'm more of a space guy but with this reputation system, I'm open for anything.

I first say hello to the guys and also that i'm not the stf ground guy so that i will fight along their sides and learn from them (the jumping part at the end for example).

No answer from them, whatsoever...

Me thinking like: "they think i'm the noob here?"

So I follow them, two maco XII persons and an Omega girl and someone else (could be someone more, i can't remember as i did some more stf's after that one). One maco gets down while the omega girl tries to revive him but gets hit from multiple drones.

So i jump in with a plasma grenade and the full works. Got the drones down and i start reviving them, together with the other person. Not a single gratitude i got from them.

We keep pressing on with no problems until we reach the final point of the mission.

The point we sweep out the drones, and upload the stuff and destroy the generator.

Because I haven't done this quite a lot as i mentioned, I stay next the generator to destroy it.

No one talks to each other, giving commands or so, everyone excepts the two maco's and the omega follow each other. When we had the generator destroyed, manus appears. We almost had him but drones appeared and everyone dies except one person. He keeps on firing and almost (i think perhaps 10% health remained of manus)

I say in the end: well done! You almost had him. (no response back) We try again where I save him and the omega girl (no thx or whatever except the command: HILFE!! and HELP!)

Then one person dies again and suddenly goes away.. I was standing there, killing drones and the generator. Manus appears, the maco guy dies and he decides to quit too. I was like "wtf is wrong with these guys! We are fighting the boss here!"

They just stopped because they died too much? It ended that i was fighting with perhaps three persons and it ended that the omega girl just went away too.

Really massive disappoint.. I learned how the stf was done in the end normally... It was called teamwork.

Last edited by macrilen; 12-13-2012 at 05:19 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 891
# 1276
12-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Had a semi-bad one yesterday.

Warped into ISE in my Vesta, accompanied by a Galaxy-X, two Odysseys (from the same fleet), and a Regent. The guy in the regent greeted everyone; the only reply forthcoming was from me.

Anway, I noted that it could be a slightly longer mission as there were no escorts present. The Guy in the Regent agreed.

First cube went down, though (as we'd surmised) it took a little longer than usual. One of the Odyssey used TBR on one of the spheres which wound up too close to the right-side cube. The second Oddy aggro'ed said cube - the guy in the Regent asked if it might be sensible to go from right to left on this occasion, since the left cube remained shielded and untouched. I agreed; no other replies were forthcoming.

So myself and the guy in the Regent took the cube down (since all of the others wound up in respawn oblivion) and moved to the transformers, which the Galaxy-X was already attacking. Both myself and the guy in the Regent asked him to make sure he didn't take it's health below 10%, and made a start on the other three. Sadly, despite low DPS, the Gal-X had already reduced the transformer it was shooting to fairly low health, having had plenty of time to do so) and popped it whilst myself and the guy in the Regent were still working on ours. Only one of the Odyssey's had respawned and was prompty sent back to respawn oblivion by a sphere and the Galaxy-X followed it soon thereafter, leaving only myself and the guy in the Regent to deal with the spheres.

We did our best, and lasted well but I took four shield drains and, despite popping my quantum shield, was taken down shortly after the shield dropped, with the guy in the Regent not far behind.

Several attempts were made, mostly my myself and guy in the Regent to slow the nanite spheres, but the Odyssey's were useless (one even pushing a nanite sphere CLOSER to the generator during one failed attempt) and a valiant joint effort, involving me throwing GW III and using my Vesta's graviton shield to push the spheres away from the generator. This failed too, sadly, as despite his best attempt the Regent didn't manage to get the generator below 15%, and I wound up dying again due to severe Borg plasma spam, which no number of hazard emitters could clear.

Myself and the guy in the Regent subsequently agreed that, with the generator still sitting there at 100%, the second cube/generator/transformers still sitting there untouched, and the two of us being the only two effective players (the others being as good as write-off's due to the amount of time they were spending in respawn oblivion), this instance was a lost cause and we both agreed to bail, leaving Fail Fleet and their Galaxy-X friend to enjoy fighting a lost cause and spend huge amounts of time in respawn oblivion.
I think I warped into that instance shortly after you must have left. I was greeted by a failed objective, a swarm of spheres, and 2 dead Odyssey pilots.

We cleaned it up and completed the instance in about 7-8 minutes. It's nice playing a tac escort. Sorry your odyssey pilots didn't suffer longer; if it makes you feel better they did both manage to die a couple more times,

Last edited by xantris; 12-13-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,279
# 1277
12-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I think I warped into that instance shortly after you must have left. I was greeted by a failed objective, a swarm of spheres, and 2 dead Odyssey pilots.

We cleaned it up and completed the instance in about 7-8 minutes. It's nice playing a tac escort. Sorry your odyssey pilots didn't suffer longer; if it makes you feel better they did both manage to die a couple more times,
Well, have to admit, very early into that instance I was wishing that I had been playing my tac/Fleet Defiant!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 181
# 1278
12-13-2012, 07:32 AM
The worst STF experience I have had that comes to mind was a KAGE run about three months ago. It consisted of me, 2 others I Regularly STF with and 2 pugs. One of the pugs was a Ferasan female who had in my thoughts never run an Elite STF before and thought very highly of herself and her species build. I say this because she equipped no weapons. That's right, what should have been a 20 minute KAGE run turned into an hour of annoyance as this ferasan would run up to Borg and punch them. I understand that ferasans have a bonus to Melee, I use my Ferasan science officer as a melee tank when I can for example, but not equipping even a sword was a bad decision. The Ferasan then insisted they take the center room and refused to leave it, and when we finally did get the nodes down finally and got to the Boss rushed the room and we wiped when we tried to save them. To make matters worse this person boasted "I killed the entire room! I one manned the boss!" while the boss was standing over their corpse and borg were shambling back to their alcoves.

I guess the room was full of Zombies.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 1279
12-13-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I won't state names, but the fleet they were in was one I recognized.
I have an idea, please PM it to me, if you dont wanna say it here, I need others' proof on my thesis about one bad fleet
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 247
# 1280
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
I used to run a technicolour dreamboat.
I used to run one too, for maybe 1 hour about 3 1/2 years ago.

I quickly figured out, even in enemy signal contacts, that it was a weak build. After one of the other people in the signal contact laughed at me in the chat (a quick 'LOL, Rainbows') I quickly changed it to a normal boat.

I still use the quote 'LOL, Rainbows' or 'LOL, Skittles' whenever I see one in a PVE or PVP whenever I can.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 PM.