Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Survivor of Romulus
# 21
12-13-2012, 05:47 AM
I guess I'm by myself in being skeptical that this will be more positive than negative for the Foundry.

To my mind it will be bringing in a lot of people who have absolutely no respect for what we do, all those people in the threads in the general forum who said we are a "waste of time" and why would they ever want to just read someone's "fanwank" etc etc. The first change in the daily got rid of those people, but you can bet they'll be coming in huge numbers if they can make up to 46k dilithium a day.

What I can see is these players coming in droves and picking up the first mission they can find that doesn't have the red text, probably without even reading the mission description. God help those of us who haven't put in clearly where the mission starts. Then they'll just go and F through every dialogue, faceroll every mob and sprint to the end to do it all as fast as possible.

So then:
-Puzzle? wtf 1 star!
-Too much dialogue to F through? wtf 1 star!
-More than 2 maps to load? wtf 1 star!

AND on top of this the patch notes say nothing about bug fixes and lets face it if you look at the bug forum we have some serious problems:
-Shuttle noise? wtf 1 star!
-Boff pathing? wtf 1 star!
-Disappearing NPC? wtf 1 star!

I know some of you will say "just ignore them" and I'd be more than happy to except these will tank the overall mission ratings of you good and honest Foundry authors who made real story missions that are not for these grinders in the first place (which they don't give a crap about). Your missions will fall to the bottom of the list and be hard to find for good honest players who really get what we're all about.

PLUS we'll start seeing missions again designed to be the minimum requirements for the daily, clogging up the system with the same crap we were all so happy to see gone.

Trust me I do not like being this negative. If I'm wrong and this turns out as good for the Foundry as you all think it will I will be ecstatic and I'll go leave tips on all your missions.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic