Commander
Since a couple of weeks, you can recognize invisible cubes embracing the buildings on Ground Maps, for example at Shanty Town and Colony Invasion.
I guess they have been implemented with a view to prevent people from taking secret paths on these maps, which hadn't been intended to be there.
No problem with this so far, but just to impose invisible cubes over the building to close these paths, just shows the disinterest of the Devs towards the Ground PvP Players!
On the Shanty Town Map you run the risk to run into a invisible wall all the time. Especially around the central buildings on this map. Around these four buildings these invisible cubes take about one meter more space in every direction, than the building itself. In the past you have been able to run straight across the corner of a building, now you get stucked if you don't run a great curve around it, or if you try to retreat backwards and get stucked because of such a invisible wall. This is annoying!
So please revoke this change and take a little bit more care. For example you could redesign the buildings and other structures instead, to close these secret paths or what ever had been the purpose to integrate these invisible components.
Career Officer
# 2
12-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Yeah, this was annoying when I tried to jump the corners. It does even things up a bit for those that don't know the map as well.
Career Officer
# 3
12-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm sorry but I don't really see this as a slight towards PVP players or a "disinterest" towards anyone. Invisible barriers can be found all over the game, including New Romulus to stop people racing around on top or around obstacles that they weren't meant too. You have to remember that it's not "the norm" for Starfleet or KDF officers to race up hills, do forward rolls then bellyflop onto a random roof.

I LOVED being able to beam outside the fence at Starfleet Academy, run around the map through the hill, dive onto a building and shimmy along it until I got to the roof. It was hilarious! But now you can't do it anymore. Am I sad I can't poke a Party Popper through the roof and rain tribbles down on the RP'ers creaming over each other? **** yeah! But I understand why the barriers are there.
Commander
# 4
12-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't really see this as a slight towards PVP players or a "disinterest" towards anyone. Invisible barriers can be found all over the game, including New Romulus to stop people racing around on top or around obstacles that they weren't meant too. You have to remember that it's not "the norm" for Starfleet or KDF officers to race up hills, do forward rolls then bellyflop onto a random roof.

I LOVED being able to beam outside the fence at Starfleet Academy, run around the map through the hill, dive onto a building and shimmy along it until I got to the roof. It was hilarious! But now you can't do it anymore. Am I sad I can't poke a Party Popper through the roof and rain tribbles down on the RP'ers creaming over each other? **** yeah! But I understand why the barriers are there.
And what has the Academy or New Romulus to do with PvP Maps?

And i'm not complaining about the fact that they have closed secret paths, i have complained about the fact that there are invisible walls in the middle of a PvP map now, where never have been a secret path, just because they neglect the PvP Maps!

You better read the original post again!
Lieutenant
# 5
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeratk View Post
Since a couple of weeks, you can recognize invisible cubes embracing the buildings on Ground Maps, for example at Shanty Town and Colony Invasion.
I guess they have been implemented with a view to prevent people from taking secret paths on these maps, which hadn't been intended to be there.
No problem with this so far, but just to impose invisible cubes over the building to close these paths, just shows the disinterest of the Devs towards the Ground PvP Players!
On the Shanty Town Map you run the risk to run into a invisible wall all the time. Especially around the central buildings on this map. Around these four buildings these invisible cubes take about one meter more space in every direction, than the building itself. In the past you have been able to run straight across the corner of a building, now you get stucked if you don't run a great curve around it, or if you try to retreat backwards and get stucked because of such a invisible wall. This is annoying!
So please revoke this change and take a little bit more care. For example you could redesign the buildings and other structures instead, to close these secret paths or what ever had been the purpose to integrate these invisible components.
I posted this same issue in the "Gameplay Bugs forum" a while back hoping to get more to see it and hopefully cryptic to see it but it fell down fast as its a pvp related issue and no one cares about pvp

Invisible Walls In Shanty Ground PvP Map

and also someone else made a post about it as well in the same forum and that too got lost because its a PvP issue and well they hate us pvpers

Shanty town invisible walls

Last edited by alax2011; 12-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.