Captain
# 71
12-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Its one weapon per turret, if you have a bunch of ships with 6-8 weapons on them, of course its going to be ignored. Its designed to augment your dps in a fixed area.
Why don't you test it out against one opposing ship, say a friend, if you think turrets are so great. It don't take more than firing two beam shost to destroy it and one torpedo will blow it away by itself.
Captain
# 72
12-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Why don't you test it out against one opposing ship, say a friend, if you think turrets are so great. It don't take more than firing two beam shost to destroy it and one torpedo will blow it away by itself.
I already know how the turrets work (on both giving and getting siddes). I never said it was "great", I said they had a purpose. They temporarily add firepower/weapons that can be used in an area, that's all they should be. Devices shouldn't be very powerful, they should just add to a ships viability, not spike the viability to "uber" range. And its not like one faction has better devices than the other does, they're all the same, and on even terms. Having more device slots leaves more options to make use of.

If some fool wants to target a turret over me or an ally, so much the better for my side. If they pop during an FAW/Torpedo Volley, not a big deal, toss another one out.

If ship devices were the biggest complaint I had about this game, I would take that in a heartbeat.
Captain
# 73
12-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
I already know how the turrets work (on both giving and getting siddes). I never said it was "great", I said they had a purpose. They temporarily add firepower/weapons that can be used in an area, that's all they should be. Devices shouldn't be very powerful, they should just add to a ships viability, not spike the viability to "uber" range. And its not like one faction has better devices than the other does, they're all the same, and on even terms. Having more device slots leaves more options to make use of.

If some fool wants to target a turret over me or an ally, so much the better for my side. If they pop during an FAW/Torpedo Volley, not a big deal, toss another one out.

If ship devices were the biggest complaint I had about this game, I would take that in a heartbeat.
Well, fools are players and NPC's because they get targeted as soon as you drop them. It's like as soon as you drop it, BAM! It's blown away. If they garner that kind of attention then they need to be more durable to count as cover fire.
Captain
# 74
12-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Well, fools are players and NPC's because they get targeted as soon as you drop them. It's like as soon as you drop it, BAM! It's blown away. If they garner that kind of attention then they need to be more durable to count as cover fire.
Hey, let 'em blast away, at least it isn't at me or my player friends. Thats a volley or two that we didn't take.
Lt. Commander
# 75
12-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I use a ton of Aux batteries, usually to first self heal myself (since that boosts the effectiveness of TSS and HE) and then kick in AtB before swinging around and enjoying the power boost I've now gotten to weapons, shields and engines.

I also use turrets, because why not. They're not that expensive and I claim them for the DXP for the commendation reports. If necessary I'll swap out for the dut or an engine battery so I can GTFO if I need to.

500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...