Lieutenant
# 11
12-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Frankly they dont listen and they dont care.

Ford, GM, and Chrysler didnt listen when people said we want affordable, high gas mileage, high quality cars. And we had to have the goverment bail them out to save them. I cant even count how many times Chrysler has been bailed out.

We want a fun, easy to play, affordable game.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-13-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM
I 100% agree with the original poster here. I have only been playing for couple of months, and my drive to continue playing/paying is slowly diminishing.

I lasted in SWTOR for 6 months before realizing how shotty that game actually was for all its bugs and glitches, and I even gave the devs time to fix alot of stuff, however, like this game..many bugs from beta and broken missions carried over to live and stayed there..level 50 was boring with nothing to do, and new content for them was a new speeder...

I feel that this game is going the same direction
Lieutenant
# 13
12-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
Frankly they dont listen and they dont care.

Ford, GM, and Chrysler didnt listen when people said we want affordable, high gas mileage, high quality cars. And we had to have the goverment bail them out to save them. I cant even count how many times Chrysler has been bailed out.

We want a fun, easy to play, affordable game.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Your thread isn't discussing anything about the game itself, you are instead discussing the company - you are providing FEEDBACK.

And frankly, if devs actually listed to all the feedback people posted, you may as well make a game that had one button that gave you everything, because honestly it's what some people want. They don't want to play games, they just want everything.

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-13-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Lieutenant
# 14
12-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-13-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Ensign
# 15
12-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I have only been playing this game on and off for about a year and I am a F2P member. At first when levelling up this game was great its Star Trek I am playing Star Trek everything was like getting a new car, then I was used to that new car smell and I reached Level 50 started the STF grind which I didn't mind at all it was fun as this was my FIRST MMO.
Then I started this second toon and had the intention of getting the MACO gear (as I only had Borg on my other toon) from the STF then the Reputation System appeared and I felt like Cryptic has robbed me of my end game want, 40 hours for this 40 hours for that a heap load of Dilithium and I was thinking people could get this for free before S7 so why do I have to pay all this in game currency. Then after a few weeks changes that I wanted started to appear and they restored my faith, especially when they dropped the XP project times from 40 ? 20 and same with the rest of the projects 40 ? 2minuets was a big jaw drop for me I was expecting something 1hour or something.
There are bugs in this game way too many I think. Bottom line is if cryptic would pull their fingers out and add new content and fix bugs I would be a happy Star Trek fan and even if they had to put the game back to a subscription fee for some time I would pay
Super Moderator
# 16
12-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Let's be careful here, people... moving threads is moderation and per Forum Rules we are not allowed to publicly discuss any moderation. If you disagree with a moderator's actions, your recourse is to open a ticket. That subject is now closed.

As someone who works at an American car manufacturer, I disagree with the characterization that they all produce shoddy cars. I recognize that all of them have had that kind of mentality in the past, but I firmly believe that mentality has changed and at least some of those manufacturers recognize they have to be better than their competition.

Along the same lines, I think Cryptic recognizes that they need to change how they do things and I think they're trying. In many ways, they have changed and are successfully still changing. It shouldn't be a surprise that they have a lot more to do.

Feedback is part of that. But "feedback" over and over about what Cryptic did two years ago -- or even six months ago -- doesn't help change things. Let's talk about what Cryptic is doing now, right or wrong. That's the kind of feedback STO really needs.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 17
12-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Along the same lines, I think Cryptic recognizes that they need to change how they do things and I think they're trying. In many ways, they have changed and are successfully still changing. It shouldn't be a surprise that they have a lot more to do.
Cryptic can only shift as far was PWE lets them. And honestly, PWE does not understand the western market at all.
Lieutenant
# 18
12-13-2012, 01:38 PM
When you have moderator next to your name, I dont think that its unfair to note it.

Just as its not unfair to note that I come from a viewpoint of representing my fleet, and friends, and actually want to enjoy my toons and alts that I bought.

I didnt say that American companies make shoddy cars. But I will say that they did in the 80s. And they didnt care.

I owned a car with a star bold on it. The only place you could buy a star wrench was from Ford Motor Company. It cost $500 to buy a star wrench. It cost $500 to replace an alternator which was a job that involved removing one bolt and took about 5 minutes. I wrote Ford a letter about it they could have cared less.

I told myself that Id never buy another Ford again new or used.

Does this pertain to STO. Maybe not. But here I am writing posts and saying this is what I believe is fun. This is what I want to spend my time and money on. Are you listening to my posts. Does anyone at Cryptic care? Well lets be honest - probably not. Is anything Im saying worthy of attention or does it get tossed in the can like my Ford letter.

Ford can wonder forever why people like me arent buying their cars. Will Cryptic wonder why a person that spent a lot no longer plays ? Sure churn me - burn me - get a new customer to replace me.

Ford did

Nobody cares when customers leave until they dont have them anymore

I dont want Ford to fail but Im never giving them another chance to charge $500 for a 5 minute alternator replacement.

Doesnt take a lot to lose your customers you know....

Not when there are other games and cars with good products
Lieutenant
# 19
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomictiki View Post
Cryptic can only shift as far was PWE lets them. And honestly, PWE does not understand the western market at all.
Considering PWE owns several pretty successful F2P MMOs, in the west... I'm not sure about them "not understanding the market".

Unless you mean the WoW market. In which case that's a good thing, as WoW is not some kind of ideal to live up to. Maybe in terms of profit and playerbase, but that's about it.
Lieutenant
# 20
12-13-2012, 01:41 PM
I drove that ford for 7 years past the star bolt issue....

Guess how much I spent with Ford and its dealers....

Even if people are playing it doesnt mean they will be paying...

Think about it