Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
12-12-2012, 08:17 AM
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9...roundstuff.png
Think this one could be made abit better overall. Max character don't need the info about skillpoints or next rank and such.
Noone.
Ensign
# 22 Too many characters
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
I logged into the gateway just now and it says I have three characters, but I only have one federation and one Klingon character. The third one is a federation character. I do not recognise the name of the character. It could be this was one created when I originally did a trial when the game first came out.

When I log into the game through the client I only have my two characters so I am not sure why this one is here.
Empire Veteran
# 23
12-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patientnr0 View Post
I know what SSL stands for.
Don't recall saying you didn't.

Quote:
As long as you are sending critical data in plaintext, there simply is no security.

I can imagine that its far easier to find a way to bypass that AG than to crack a GOOD encrypted pw.
I agree with you that SSL needs to be happening, but with 2 factor authentication, even without SSL there's still SOME level of security as an attacker would also have to have access to your email account as well to be able to do anything with your login details as the browser/game client would have to be verified first before they could proceed.
That's the beauty of 2 factor authentication!

Quote:
There is actually an easy way to disable AG, but it seems to be resetted once in a while.
Why on earth you'd what to disable it is beyond me. Unless you play from a different PC every single time and never return to the same one again, it could get annoying. If disabled it's just one less hurdle for an attacker to get into your account. But that's your prerogative
As someone that's obviously concerned about their account security I'd have thought you'd understand that.

Anyway, until the gateway has SSL, security for the site is at least halved. Please rectify this Cryptic!
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Benthan, Voth Fighter. Favs - Bulwark, Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion
Career Officer
# 24
12-13-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Unless you play from a different PC every single time and never return to the same one again, it could get annoying.
I use 2. One for gaming, one for Browsing, Store etc, and AG don't remember one of them.
Yesterday i had to approve 2 times on my Laptop - no changes made, no reboot, not closed my browser, same IP. Just logged out (first activation) and some time later in (second). It happens quite often -not every time! - on my Laptop, not so on my PC.

I'm really not a great believer in this AG. I for myself just don't need it - yet

Sorry, my english isn't very good
Starfleet Veteran
# 25 Unable to gain access
12-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Have attempted multiple times via multiple devices to login, but can never get passed the "attempting to connect" page after submiting user name and password.

Attempts made with:
  • - Internet Explorer 9 (as well as in compatibility mode)
  • - Internet Explorer 10 (Desktop Mode)
  • - Internet Explorer 10 app (Windows 8)
  • - Windows Phone 7.5 IE Browser
  • - Windows Phone 8 IE Browser

Have yet to see what it looks like on the inside.
Ensign
# 26
12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocholivis View Post
Just FYI.

Trying to use it from my Nokia Lumia 900 (Windows Phone 7.5, mobile Internet Explorer), and after entering username/password it's just stuck on "Accessing Player Files. Please wait..."

This may go along with the the whole "Not working for Internet Explorer 8 or earlier", but it is different than those. I'm using the mobile version of Internet Explorer 9.
I am having the same issue, same setup but with an HTC Titan II (Windows Mobile 7.5).
Ensign
# 27
12-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Changed costume from winter coat to uniform, but won't show change when logging in to Gateway. Tried logging out and re-logging in. On some ships shows small craft when main ship active.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28 STO Gateway problems
12-16-2012, 07:47 AM
For me , every single time I go on it, and that has been many times dor about a week. It keeps saying there is server mantaince. BUT it is not straighy away that my experience is thwarted by this message. I log on and choose my main character and then it loads ... And THEN the message comes and makes me go back to the log in screen. Anyne having this or any problems with the STOG?
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Ensign
# 29
12-16-2012, 04:41 PM
It will not show what my toon has on E.g. Armour, Shield, Weapons, Kits or Devices. It is also not updating my outfit to match that I have the Winter Jacket on.
Commander
# 30
12-16-2012, 10:24 PM
The only issue i have is that it doesn't show my equipment,

but everything else works, gateway looks awesome looking forward to seeing more.
Closed Thread