Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 30
# 1 The Captains' Table
12-13-2012, 09:50 AM
So, what is the benefit of the Captains' table? I just want to know if I'm missing anything. Seems rather redundant since you either have to be at ESD or Qo'nos to get to it. Are there any plans to expand it? It seems very neglected.

Does it really offer anything that I cannot get to as a silver member?

Thanks!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 71
# 2
12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
As far as I know Its nothing more then a glorified meeting place.

there is nothing you can purchase or do there.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 402
# 3
12-13-2012, 10:49 AM
It has fewer people in zone chat. That's reason enough to go there.

It also has a bank, a vendor to sell trash to, the Exchange, a tailor, and a ship changer, all in the same room, so it's less running around.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 71
# 4
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
It has fewer people in zone chat. That's reason enough to go there.

It also has a bank, a vendor to sell trash to, the Exchange, a tailor, and a ship changer, all in the same room, so it's less running around.
Ohh they upgraded it since i was there last (in season 1)

Ill have to check that out, i like less running around.

Is there a sickbay also ?
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 73
# 5
12-13-2012, 11:17 AM
They used to pretend there were advantages to being a lifetime subscriber over a monthly subscriber and there really werent beyond the fact that you didnt have to pay $15 each month.

Now there are few advantages to being a gold subscriber over f2p. And fewer still to being lifetime.

It would be nice if there were "real" advantages to being lifetime but I dont see it happening.

I would never advise anyone to be a lifetime subscriber anymore for any reason.

Im not sure this game will continue for another 3 years if Cryptic keeps working hard to destroy everyones fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 170
# 6
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswords View Post
So, what is the benefit of the Captains' table? I just want to know if I'm missing anything. Seems rather redundant since you either have to be at ESD or Qo'nos to get to it. Are there any plans to expand it? It seems very neglected.

Does it really offer anything that I cannot get to as a silver member?

Thanks!
The original Captains Table is a series of books involving Starfleet captians (all of the originals) My favorite was the DS9 novel i loved the interaction between the two plots.

STO brought that concept into the game apparently. I've never known if it actually measures up to the real place.

But have you seen the PS3 commercials about 'Michael' ? The one with most of the roster of PS3 characters (even a few multi console make an appearence there) It's kinda like that. At least in the books.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 873
# 7
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Back when the game launched it was a handy place for lifers to go because ESD was always very busy and thus laggy. Now it's very much redundant, sadly.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,777
# 8
12-13-2012, 12:43 PM
They need a door in each social area that allows you to go to the Captain's Table. That way you can travel from ESD to DS9 or New Romulus without travelling through sector space or using your transwarp power. Also, it is consistent with how the Captain's Table is supposed to work.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 42
# 9
12-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
They used to pretend there were advantages to being a lifetime subscriber over a monthly subscriber and there really werent beyond the fact that you didnt have to pay $15 each month.

Now there are few advantages to being a gold subscriber over f2p. And fewer still to being lifetime.

It would be nice if there were "real" advantages to being lifetime but I dont see it happening.

I would never advise anyone to be a lifetime subscriber anymore for any reason.

Im not sure this game will continue for another 3 years if Cryptic keeps working hard to destroy everyones fun.
The advantage to lifeing is your support to the game, it's not a "Cryptic has to make the best stuff for the lifers!".

Also you save a ton of money in the long run, anyone who bought it when they first came out, is basically having Cryptic lose money now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 40
# 10
12-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
They need a door in each social area that allows you to go to the Captain's Table. That way you can travel from ESD to DS9 or New Romulus without travelling through sector space or using your transwarp power. Also, it is consistent with how the Captain's Table is supposed to work.
I did not know this about the Captain's table; thanks for sharing this.

Last edited by bolter25; 12-13-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.