Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 131
12-13-2012, 02:21 PM
The lack of a immunity/cooldown on the placate is a bit of an issue. Basically same complaint as AMS chaining. Need to make an immunity on someone who got hit with placate for 15 - 30 seconds after the end of the effect(after part important).

But that does make me think why was no one screaming about how overpowered the KHG shield was? Did it have a max apply rate or a sufficiently short time to not draw the ire of the PvP community. Perhaps changing the Rep tier power to a .5 sec placate would work as a solution as well?

Personally I'd like to see the power changed so it starts a 5 second DEM. However make it so that that version doesn't proc the DEM time Boff or you have a monster in the closet with that power. This would make it line up with the romulan rep powers and rewards nicely as it would be a crit based version of the Omega tier reward.
Captain
# 132
12-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hroothvitnir View Post
The lack of a immunity/cooldown on the placate is a bit of an issue. Basically same complaint as AMS chaining. Need to make an immunity on someone who got hit with placate for 15 - 30 seconds after the end of the effect(after part important).

But that does make me think why was no one screaming about how overpowered the KHG shield was? Did it have a max apply rate or a sufficiently short time to not draw the ire of the PvP community. Perhaps changing the Rep tier power to a .5 sec placate would work as a solution as well?

Personally I'd like to see the power changed so it starts a 5 second DEM. However make it so that that version doesn't proc the DEM time Boff or you have a monster in the closet with that power. This would make it line up with the romulan rep powers and rewards nicely as it would be a crit based version of the Omega tier reward.
Even if it was a .5 sec placate, that's not going to solve the problem with losing target lock.

Also, the shield heal has a 10 second cooldown. So, the placate should have about the same amount of immunity. If not, increase the cooldown on the shield heal.
Captain
# 133
12-13-2012, 03:06 PM
It sucks that respecs cost so much, otherwise I'd ask if anybody's tried to up Sensors to see if it makes a difference with the plac.

Is there the expectation on Cryptic's part that folks are going to have to look at the opportunity cost of going Sensors?

Kind of along the lines that they've said Subsystem Repair would help against the new Breen console... but with Theta in the game, meh - oh well.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 134
12-13-2012, 03:32 PM
I want to ask something else, something that I touched on in another thread where I doubt I'll get an answer...

There's been the discussion of changing mods and what works better now. What about the discussion of DCs vs DHCs?

In regard to the RoF, that is...

DHC vs DC when you're looking at the following on Polarized Disruptors and the RoF instead of spike damage:

2.5% -X Power
2.5% -X Damage Resistance
2.5% Plasma DoT (from Romulan Science consoles)
2.5% +X Weapon Power (from Omega Weapon Amplifier)
2.5% +X Kinetic Damage (from Omega Rep T4)
20% to Plac on Crit (from Romulan Rep T4 (and consider having taken the +3% Crit and running the Borg/0Point/Tachyo while using +CrtH instead of +Acc))
-X Shield Tet Glider
-X Power(Target)/+X Power(Self) Plasmonic Leech for the KDF

Base stats from looking at the Exchange...

DC 187.2 (249.6 DPS)
DHC 374.5 (249.6 DPS)

The DC's are firing twice as often as the DHCs, but the DHCs are better because of the spike damage.

Does that still hold true when you're looking at eight different things that can happen off of each shot when you're firing twice as fast with one compared to the other?

With the talk of more Rep systems down the road, if it hasn't happened yet - will it happen then when there's 9-10 or more things happening each time you fire a weapon?
Captain
# 135
12-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It sucks that respecs cost so much, otherwise I'd ask if anybody's tried to up Sensors to see if it makes a difference with the plac.
I do most of my testing that involves zen on Tribble, and drag a flee mate with me.

Quote:
2.5% -X Power
20% to Plac on Crit (from Romulan Rep T4 (and consider having taken the +3% Crit and running the Borg/0Point/Tachyo while using +CrtH instead of +Acc))
-X Shield Tet Glider
?
To actually fit all of that requires giving up some console space.
Captain
# 136
12-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
I want to ask something else, something that I touched on in another thread where I doubt I'll get an answer...

There's been the discussion of changing mods and what works better now. What about the discussion of DCs vs DHCs?

In regard to the RoF, that is...

DHC vs DC when you're looking at the following on Polarized Disruptors and the RoF instead of spike damage:

2.5% -X Power
-X Shield Tet Glider

Base stats from looking at the Exchange...

DC 187.2 (249.6 DPS)
DHC 374.5 (249.6 DPS)

The DC's are firing twice as often as the DHCs, but the DHCs are better because of the spike damage.

Does that still hold true when you're looking at eight different things that can happen off of each shot when you're firing twice as fast with one compared to the other?

With the talk of more Rep systems down the road, if it hasn't happened yet - will it happen then when there's 9-10 or more things happening each time you fire a weapon?
Last test results I saw from a trusted source in season 6 showed undenyably that DHCs and DCs proc the same amount over a period of time. That is to say with a minute of firing they will both proc 10(made up number) times.
Captain
# 137
12-13-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Last test results I saw from a trusted source in season 6 showed undenyably that DHCs and DCs proc the same amount over a period of time. That is to say with a minute of firing they will both proc 10(made up number) times.
Was something I was wondering there as well - whether they've got some sort of PPM limiter in place. Many games end up adding something along those lines to prevent proc craze. Thanks.
Empire Veteran
# 138
12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
procs arent per hit, unless otherwise specified, they are per cycle.
Captain
# 139
12-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
So it's actually a cycling thing, the diff with the DPV/DPS on DHC & DC - along the lines of how arrays pulse - and not a case of actually having a faster RoF?

When it comes to what I know about cannons (I'm primarily a torp or beam guy) - well, yeah, it wouldn't take up much space on a cocktail napkin - thus the questions, since I've actually be branching out since S7. Comfortable with a 90 degree arc, but 45's pushing it- meh.

I had always thought it was per hit, though - could have sworn I saw procs off of later pulses on beams. I could be wrong though... hrmm.

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 140
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
Does this also count for the plasma DOT from plasma cannons?