Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Empire Veteran
I'm a big fan of Aceton Assimilators and use them alot. And I PvE/STF a lot so no idea about PvP.

Since S7 though and the borg being buffed I don't think I've been able to drain a gate or tac cube since. I'm fulley specced into flow caps and use polarized disruptors energy weapons to help with the drains. (don't use energy siphon etc as aceton assimilator + polaron style weapons have been enough in the past to noticeably drain NPC enemies)

Typically I warp plasma an elite/normal cube to anchor it down, then pop 2 aceton assimilators near it and proceed with DPSing it to death.

It used to be that during the initial waiting for them to be sucked dry I'd have to pop heals often and quickly until their power levels dropped and their energy attacks against me was reduced to just pin pricks at me. (except torps obviously)

These days, I can leave an Assimilator sucking away at a gate for minutes on end before engaging it directly and still get massive damage from it's energy weapons.

If it was just the plasma burn killing me through shields I could maybe understand but my shields are getting pummelled too so it can't just be that.

Anyone else feel like Aceton isn't draining as it should any more?
Or maybe borg now have heaps of insulator skill or something?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter Favs - Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE

Last edited by eradicator84; 12-12-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Captain
# 2
12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Season 7 has been very bad for my carrier. I used to be able to turn off the tac cube's shields with my drain-carrier (-44 energy siphon, -15 plasmonic leech), and then tank its pin-pricks just like you describe. Now I can't. Deploying siphon drones doesn't drop the shields either. I had a fleet mate attack the cube with energy siphons, and even with two people massively specced into flow caps, it still had its shields up and was hitting for thousands of damage with its stupidly over-charged energy weapons.

Not a bug, or at least if it is a bug, it's not only affecting the Assimilator. The tac cube and gate aren't immune to energy siphon (a third player was recruited to throw more siphon attacks and siphon drones, and it was finally disabled), they're just ... nearly immune.

Last edited by momaw; 12-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Woooow, 3 players to drain a borg entity is a bit crazy.

Forgot to mention I use leech too. (knew I forgot something lol)

Can Borticus or other dev confirm this is their intended resistance level?
I enjoyed being able to disable/weaken borg with a dedicated drain build, makes my engineer useful, now I seem to do basically nothing, making my drain skills/powers and thus tanking abilities completely useless.

I'm lucky if in a pug or a premade STF match anyone else is using drains too. So one player being able to drain an entity should be a plausible and fair game tactic.

I knew something was wrong when I attempted to drain the borg queen ship after S7 launch. Orb Weaver with max flow caps and aux power settings, leech, polarons, vent theta, aceton assimilators, 2x energy siphon, subsystem targeting, tachyon beam & tykens rift.
All that and I couldn't do anything to power her down. Subsystem targeting brought things offline sometimes but is was almost instantly back up again.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter Favs - Bulwark, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion The rest - HERE