Career Officer
# 41
12-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I'm a bit confused on how the Officer Report wrapper works now.

So now we only need to run one mission that meets the requirement for the wrapper and we can run it every 30 minutes after we?ve complete the Officer Report mission?

I have to admit that is sounds like a very enticing deal, you get 960 Dilithium (same has Elite STF?s) and 50 Fleet Marks, that's not bad at all.

What's the minimum time required running the mission to get the credit for the wrapper?

This change makes the Grind a bit more bearable and will help to get players to run Foundry missions.
Correction the 30 minute timer starts the moment you pick up the Officer Reports mission. So say you pick up Investigate Officer Reports, then immediately pick a foundry mission. 30 minutes later you finish the Foundry mission and hand in Officer Reports. Now you can do it again!

I believe the minimum time a Foundry mission needs to qualify is 15 minutes

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 42
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
I'm a bit confused on how the Officer Report wrapper works now.

So now we only need to run one mission that meets the requirement for the wrapper and we can run it every 30 minutes after we've complete the Officer Report mission?

I have to admit that is sounds like a very enticing deal, you get 960 Dilithium (same has Elite STF?s) and 50 Fleet Marks, that's not bad at all.

What's the minimum time required running the mission to get the credit for the wrapper?

This change makes the Grind a bit more bearable and will help to get players to run Foundry missions.
If you click on the custom search options you can search 20-30 min, 30-60, etc. From what I've seen the ones that fall into 20-30 minutes contain a high number of missions that don't qualify, but 30-60 minute search is pretty reliable and there are some great missions in that bunch.

I do wish some of the epic 2-3 hour missions got better rewards. I really admire those authors. I can't really make a mission that long, unless I'm just putting in mob after mob after mob. so almost all my missions are 30-60 minutes with the spoltighted "Relics" taking approximately 30-35 minutes.
Career Officer
# 43
12-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
If you click on the custom search options you can search 20-30 min, 30-60, etc. From what I've seen the ones that fall into 20-30 minutes contain a high number of missions that don't qualify, but 30-60 minute search is pretty reliable and there are some great missions in that bunch.
I still don't trust that filter, some of the results don't make sense

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 44
12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
ref. 2.5 years of the utterly ignored pvp subforum.
Pretty much this. I'm of a rather one-track mind when it comes to things STO really needs. I care not a lick about PvE stuff other than storyline missions. I don't care about the next 'awesome' change to the same boring grind (which is all the OP was talking about). I want more PvP material, and more KDF-oriented material (not Fed material copy-pasted onto the KDF), and that's what I'm gonna post about. If the mods don't like it, they can just flex their finger muscles and remove/edit my post. That's their prerogative. Mine is to post about what I care about.
Captain
# 45
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I'm 99% sure the reward tables are incredibly easy to change for a mission, while entirely new missions are less so. What I don't get is why you feel ruining threads like this with whining about tangential issues will help anything.

Are the changes listed in the patch notes good for players? Yes, and that's what we're talking about here. Why don't you start a new thread for PvP changes you'd like to see?
Yes, much better to waste our breath being good little consumers and gratefully thanking Cryptic for modifying the same boring, uninspired grind into a very slightly less boring, uninspired grind.

This crud isn't what we should be thanking them about. It just encourages them to keep making dull, boring grindfests. . .just more cleverly designed so that casuals don't pitch a fit.
Career Officer
# 46
12-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I do wish some of the epic 2-3 hour missions got better rewards. I really admire those authors. I can't really make a mission that long, unless I'm just putting in mob after mob after mob. so almost all my missions are 30-60 minutes with the spoltighted "Relics" taking approximately 30-35 minutes.
I can't even seem to make a mission less than an hour and a half without extreme difficulty. So, I suppose if we were combined in a transporter accident like Tuvix we would be the ultimate Foundry author, capable of making a mission of any length.

Only then Captain Janeway would come along and kill us!

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 47
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
Captain Revo has a bunch of missions I really like. For what it's worth!

There used to be a fun Federation Foundry mission modeled on 'Fantastic Voyage' (shrink and go into someone's body), but I can't remember the name of it. Mmm.
"The Infinitesimal Frontier", one of the first Foundry missions I played, and very enjoyable.

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Captain
# 48
12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you!!