Survivor of Remus
# 41
12-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post7058281

The goal is to get it in before the first session on the 29th, but I don't have an ETA.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
That's great Brandon.....but what about the issues on the ground?Perfect cloak/stealth is back for example.

The other thing I don't see mentioned anywhere is.....ethics. One of the things we frown upon in my fleet is spawn camping. Deliberate acts of spawn camping or spawn killing is grounds for removal from the fleet.Even if someone else is doing it to us,we refuse to lower our standards and spawn camp them in kind.

(If you think that spawn camping the spawn campers will make them stop,think again..it will only reinforce their belief that what they are doing is right."Well,you did it to us,this is just payback.....")

Respect your Fleet mates,respect your Team mates,respect (the skill of) your Opponent.(granted,the last one can be tricky......there are some real a-holes out there)
Commander
# 42
12-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
That's great Brandon.....but what about the issues on the ground?Perfect cloak/stealth is back for example.

The other thing I don't see mentioned anywhere is.....ethics. One of the things we frown upon in my fleet is spawn camping. Deliberate acts of spawn camping or spawn killing is grounds for removal from the fleet.Even if someone else is doing it to us,we refuse to lower our standards and spawn camp them in kind.

(If you think that spawn camping the spawn campers will make them stop,think again..it will only reinforce their belief that what they are doing is right."Well,you did it to us,this is just payback.....")

Respect your Fleet mates,respect your Team mates,respect (the skill of) your Opponent.(granted,the last one can be tricky......there are some real a-holes out there)
It's no good bringing up ethics with Brandon. He isn't the one running the Boot Camp. I'm sure the Boot Camp team are well aware of any ethical considerations that might come into play , and have planned around it accordingly.
Ensign
# 43
12-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Is this mostly focused around US times or is it going to be UK/EU friendly?

Many Thanks

Commander
# 44
12-14-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugereddog View Post
Is this mostly focused around US times or is it going to be UK/EU friendly?

Many Thanks

It is split up into two times, one US-friendly, and one EU/UK-friendly. I forget the exact times, but take alook in the PvP forums for full details. For the UK/EU, you want to be looking at the CET times (Central European Time).
Rihannsu
# 45
12-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortjinx View Post
It's no good bringing up ethics with Brandon. He isn't the one running the Boot Camp. I'm sure the Boot Camp team are well aware of any ethical considerations that might come into play , and have planned around it accordingly.
Yup, we have.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Commander
# 46
12-14-2012, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Yup, we have.
Yeah, I figured you would have done. I mean, from what I've seen, this seems to be damned well organised, so I imagine you've got most things covered.
Captain
# 47
12-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
....(granted,the last one can be tricky......there are some real a-holes out there)
Sad is that your will find those a**holes on chat channels that ,in theory, exist to help.In a top 5 reason to not play pvp on the 2nd or 3rd place is/are the old players.

there are ,few (good stuffs come in small quantities ) pvp players which are really nice persons ...but damn they are rare
Empire Veteran
# 48
12-14-2012, 12:29 PM
I can not express enough how important this boot camp can be for the new pvper on gaining the ground work needed to enjoy this aspect of STO.

I look forward to it myself and Ive been tinkering with pvp a very long time.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.