Career Officer
# 11
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I personally listen and am a fan them all but for a break down. For the most up to minute news Priority One and Podcast UGC are the best. For commentary (some of it quite colorful) I would suggest Tribbles in Ecstasy and the Red Shirt Army. If you want good all round coverage STOked radio is for you but all of the can be listened to on the go so follow them all.
[SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
Captain
# 12
12-13-2012, 10:20 AM
I loved STOKED and haven't really listened to the Radio version. I do like PO, but lately it seems more like a commercial for Cryptic and I already play the game. RSA is way too negative. UGC, I will listen to more often because it has a nice balance of fluff vs this new thing mad me angry.
Career Officer
# 13
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
I listen to ProdcastUGC and PriorityOne pretty regularly. PodcastUGC usually has some really good discussion on the game. Also the Hav Rages are pretty fun to listen to as well. PriorityOne always has a pretty tight show usually under an hour that you can catch up on Star Trek news, where as PodcastUGC usually goes one for about 2 hours.

Both are very good and I salute both of those podcasts teams for excellent jobs.
Career Officer
# 14 STOked Radio
12-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I know the transition was hard from Jupiter Broadcasting's High Quality STOked to my mini STOked Radio Show. As its pretty much a one man show at the moment and i work full time alot of things slip through the crack like the weekly publishing of episodes on the youtube channel.

STOked Radio is still live on saturdays @ 2pm EST/ 11am PST on Livestream.com/stokedradio and simulcasted on Trekradio.Net

A new Facebook Page was created and more work into formalizing & finalizing the show and bring on more staff to assist in production is the goal before Star Trek Las Vegas 2013 in August.

Im always taking suggestions for show content @ Maverick@stokedradio.net and a formal website is currently in development.

Radio Only Stream: Trekradio.Net
Video Stream: Livestream.com/stokedradio
Twitter - @STOkedRadio
On Air Talent - Trekradio.net
Fleet Leader - Jupiterforce.org
Executive Producer - Stoked Radio - STOked Radio Facebook
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
12-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustachemav View Post
I know the transition was hard from Jupiter Broadcasting's High Quality STOked to my mini STOked Radio Show. As its pretty much a one man show at the moment and i work full time alot of things slip through the crack like the weekly publishing of episodes on the youtube channel.
I've been enjoying STOked Radio. Keep up the good work.
Lieutenant
# 16
12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachans View Post
...Just give me the highlights of the posts and then analyze, speculate and go wild and crazy!
I realize now that this kind of feedback would have been better off being sent straight to Adrianne et al, but I saw that she replied in this thread so I hope she'll see it. It's still worth subscribing and listen to the show! I'm pretty sure the show will pick up and improve again!
I do see your post!
Well I'm sure it hasn't helped that all three hosts had jobs we lost or started this year and I wasn't able to keep up with the game properly because of Jesse's leg surgery. But I agree with you and as our schedules open up more for game play, and as we work even harder to put forth the news in addition to just "the news", I hope you'll stick with me and see a change - aka more discussions and less read-through.

We generally only have about an hour or so for our live show (all cast and crew in different time zones) and in that, James can't devour it with ship talk (though he sometimes succeeds which is why we had a great suggestion to him to give him his own segment or mini show at some point soon - James, don't kill me! Haha!)
Don't get me wrong, I love ships and tech. I'm just not even finished with my first foundry mission and I have a Ferengi costume I'm working on among other Trek-related work. But what I mean is that we always do a minimum of thought sharing on every news bit, and when we have time, we do discussions. Listeners have heard us rant or debate plenty of times on important topics.

I'm curious what issues people think are the most important for PO to spotlight at the moment (forum-focused or popular in game chat). If we only have an hour, say, what would people think should be noted on and would they be willing to join the chat on Trek Radio live with us or submit feedback to us prior to a show so we can bring it up? (send feedback and requests to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com ) We always read the feedback on the show, but it would be cool to hear the voice of in-the-know people prior to going live.

~ Adrianne
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
I have given up on all the podcasts. Half of them have hosts that seem to have a vested interest in supporting the game. Either dating someone at the company, or paid to write stories about the game, or just plain blinded Trekkie who loves anything with a Star Trek logo on it no matter what it is. The other half of the podcasts have hosts who hate cryptic and rant about them every other week.

I did used to like the STOked show for the Math segment. I liked how they talked about the game mechanic and how to understand them. Someone needs to that again instead of the endless droning on by the hosts of their opinion about this or that.
Career Officer
# 18
12-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Go and try Tribbles in Ecstasy they are pretty funny and other than me no one has mentioned they. http://holosuitemagazine.com/
[SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
well i also enjoyed whatching stoked an listening stoked radio, but for almost 2 months no stoked radio episodes was realesed, to bad, as i cant cath live episodes if still are any.
Rihannsu
# 20
12-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I used to like STOked, but I haven't been able to listen to it since they made the transition to the live Radio format, namely because I'm hardly ever home Saturdays at 11 am, I wish you guys would go back to releasing your shows as podcasts after the live show. Even if it's just an audiocast or a hybrid podcast like scibyte, I need something I can listen to on my own time.

For that matter, I had to stop listening to TrekRadio while playing STO because i just don't get the bandwidth to do both at the same time anymore.