Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 11
12-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertiewooster View Post
So, I just noticed that the omega rep rewards don't include any space weapons besides a couple of novelty ones. How does one get MK XII Ap weapons now, aside from the exchange (which is ridiculously priced for APs)? I was in the process of outfitting my ship with Mk XII gear and got most of it done, but I'm still missing some turrets. I noticed that neural processors can get you mkxii gear?is that just for stuff like the Omega set etc.?

p.s.
I've never seen an antiproton weapon drop as loot anywhere. And I can't remember the last time I saw a Mk XII drop in an elite stf.
Fleet weapons. XII advanced and elite through your local starbase. All single energy type (anti-proton etc).

And to be honest, they are better than the [Borg] versions.

Last edited by ddesjardins; 12-13-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Captain
# 12
12-14-2012, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
YOu cannot Craft XII purple Antiproton Weps. Sorry
Did you actually read it as it says the chances depending on your carfting skill.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 13
12-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Did you actually read it as it says the chances depending on your carfting skill.
You can't craft Mk XII. It only goes to Mk XI.
Captain
# 14
12-14-2012, 07:50 PM
So the Borg anti-protons are gone now?
Lieutenant
# 15
12-14-2012, 08:14 PM
It seems like it, yes. I'm OK with that, because I always felt like the [borg] modifier was a bit of a cop out?sure, we're getting purple quality, but they only count as that against one enemy...which means against anything else they're pretty much blue quality since only 2 of the 3 modifiers apply.

Darius (TAC VA) USS Gahreesen (Chel Grett Cruiser), Shomat (SCI VA) ISS Selentic (Mirror DSSV), Napoleon (ENG Capt.) USS Fists of Latinum (Exploration Cruiser), Gothmog (Tac Capt.) IKS Nazgul (Hegh'ta Heavy BoP), Aaesia (Reman Sci Capt) RRW Arien III (Ha'Nom Guardian)
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Plasma is mostly weak in PvP, where many people are still running the STF set shields, which have a 20% Plasma damage reduction. It's only slightly weaker in PvE due to the fact that its bonus is damage over time instead of a short, sharp burst of damage like disruptor breach or AP crits can deliver (meaning that it's not as good at immediately KOing an opponent but more for wearing it down over time). However, Romulan Plasma weapons have both the enviable [Acc]x2 modifier freely available as well as providing the Disruptor Breach proc along with the Plasma Fire proc, making them better than normal Plasma weapons.
"Plasma sucks, because someone told me so, okay?" Tired, old news. Plasma has been buffed twice that I can remember for sure. The proc works just as well as any other, though differently. I use adv plasma fleet cannons on my F-TER and it's my most powerful in terms of direct damage minus the tricks of my recon Vesta. Adv fleet AP cannons work fine as well. The moral of this story is to simply pick what you like and use the hell out of it until you develop skill with it, which really makes the difference. And before you start believing what folks tell you, consider the source.

Too many people will hawk one energy type over another simply to justify what THEY use.
Captain
# 17
12-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckingram View Post
"Plasma sucks, because someone told me so, okay?" Tired, old news. Plasma has been buffed twice that I can remember for sure. The proc works just as well as any other, though differently.
I gave my reasons to explain why plasma is seen as the weakest energy type. The proc works, yes, but it's cleared by Hazard Emitters and is primarily useful against enemies that will survive the full duration of the proc (generally battleships and dreadnoughts in PvE).

In PvP, though you'll be fighting enemies that can survive the proc's full duration, they'll also likely have Hazard Emitters to negate the proc when necessary. The Omega Reputation shields also all grant bonus shield resistance against Plasma. Because PvP is the source of most highly-optimized builds and at least until recently (Advanced/Elite Fleet and Reman shields may change this eventually) they recommended shields obtained from Omega reputation (which resist Plasma damage), Plasma is/was the weakest energy type.
Lt. Commander
# 18
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
I gave my reasons to explain why plasma is seen as the weakest energy type. The proc works, yes, but it's cleared by Hazard Emitters and is primarily useful against enemies that will survive the full duration of the proc (generally battleships and dreadnoughts in PvE).

In PvP, though you'll be fighting enemies that can survive the proc's full duration, they'll also likely have Hazard Emitters to negate the proc when necessary. The Omega Reputation shields also all grant bonus shield resistance against Plasma. Because PvP is the source of most highly-optimized builds and at least until recently (Advanced/Elite Fleet and Reman shields may change this eventually) they recommended shields obtained from Omega reputation (which resist Plasma damage), Plasma is/was the weakest energy type.
Read more carefully. I didn't utter a word about PvP, because I couldn't care less about it. Beyond that, believe what you want.
Captain
# 19
12-18-2012, 01:33 PM
So when someone asks a general question, you're going to give a summary answer that excludes content you don't happen to like?

That's silly.

A better answer would be (as I think someone already said): plasma is fine outside of pvp. If you plan on engaging in pvp, it's not so good (and apparently Fleet stuff is better).

Of course, this makes me a little sad, since my KDF character's fleet is unlikely to ever manage to produce MK XII gear. But I'm also not that into pvp.
Commander
# 20
12-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
Quote:
You can't craft Mk XII. It only goes to Mk XI.
Speaking as some who has had their crafting skill maxed on multiple characters for well over a year now (probably over 2 years for one of my characters), I can quite clearly state, Mandoknight is correct - Crafting only goes up to Mk11.
Closed Thread