Rihannsu
# 21
12-14-2012, 05:45 PM
If you want just the ship, and trash everything else in the box, it works out to close to $300 in keys.

Unlike Katniss, the odds really aren't ever in your favour.
Ensign
# 22
12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintaris View Post
If you want just the ship, and trash everything else in the box, it works out to close to $300 in keys.

Unlike Katniss, the odds really aren't ever in your favour.
the box should be illegal, ain't there gambling laws broken here? the box chance is a form of gambling right? anyways i'm never gonna buy zen, i em gonna buy the keys with zen tho, zen i made from ingame dill conversion, cus don't get me wrong here there is absolute nothing wrong with the game it self !!! i like the game, but spending real money on it is a thing of the past as long as the keys and box remain ingame.

not sure i'll use the key's this time, i'll probably sell them for Creds to finally buy the darn ferengi ship! but god 70+mill creds is oh my god will i take for ever to get that :/

Sooooo, if some one here feels the urge to make my XMAS good again, you can always donate "any" amount of Credits.
give me a mail (Citra@noxsa) with a date and place to meet "sadly one can't send credits and trading is req". hey just a thought i know there is alot of unspent creds out there i might as well get a nice xmas god willing. cus the taste of 30euro's flushed down the toilet is bitter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
12-14-2012, 06:03 PM
pretty much all of that has a trade value
sell what you don't want
Career Officer
# 24
12-14-2012, 06:15 PM
I gave up on lock boxes after I realised I'd spent more than 300 (GBP) on keys and not once gotten a ship, from any of the various boxes. It's a total rip off. In future, I'm going to buy unbound items I know sell well on the exchange and buy a ship from the exchange, at least that way I know it's guaranteed and how much it's costing up front.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Commander
# 25
12-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
the box should be illegal, ain't there gambling laws broken here? the box chance is a form of gambling right? anyways i'm never gonna buy zen, i em gonna buy the keys with zen tho, zen i made from ingame dill conversion, cus don't get me wrong here there is absolute nothing wrong with the game it self !!! i like the game, but spending real money on it is a thing of the past as long as the keys and box remain ingame.

not sure i'll use the key's this time, i'll probably sell them for Creds to finally buy the darn ferengi ship! but god 70+mill creds is oh my god will i take for ever to get that :/

Sooooo, if some one here feels the urge to make my XMAS good again, you can always donate "any" amount of Credits.
give me a mail (Citra@noxsa) with a date and place to meet "sadly one can't send credits and trading is req". hey just a thought i know there is alot of unspent creds out there i might as well get a nice xmas god willing. cus the taste of 30euro's flushed down the toilet is bitter.
Dude, that ship sailed, went to warp, and crashed into a local sun right about the time that lockboxes started appearing in game.

Sure people threaten legal action and complain that "laws are being broken" when their instant gratification isn't fulfilled, but this is, what, almost a year now, four different boxes later, and lockboxes aren't going away....

FYI: This link would probably be helpful.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting

Last edited by lewstelamon01; 12-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Ensign
# 26
12-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
Dude, that ship sailed, went to warp, and crashed into a local sun right about the time that lockboxes started appearing in game.

Sure people threaten legal action and complain that "laws are being broken" when their instant gratification isn't fulfilled, but this is, what, almost a year now, four different boxes later, and lockboxes aren't going away....

FYI: This link would probably be helpful.
yea i know the box's exist for a long time in game, i see constant text flooting by my screen, name won bla bla ship, so i never thought the rewards wer crapy, so with this key action i thought to my self, why not buy 30 keys and try my luck, well turns out if your NOT lucky then the rest rewards are crap, yes they have a value and not there not worth 30euro's so yea lockbox's are a RIPOFF, why can't cryptic add the ships to there C-Store like every other ship they added to the store!, reason here is there GREEDY and love to EXPLOIT lesser minded FANS! well i can say it was my first AND last time i spent money on zen for keys!! Cryptic can kiss my Butt! this fan is smart to NOT make the same stupid mistake twice. so i'll use my Lifetime zen on keys, and probably will sell them on exchange, or i need some cool device from the lobi store, then i will use the key my self, atleast i know i get min 4 lobi. anyways i know the box's won't go but i really hope more people will see the evil in them box's and then eventually they will be taken out, sadly there alot of lesser minded players out there with deep pockets.
Commander
# 27
12-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
yea i know the box's exist for a long time in game, i see constant text flooting by my screen, name won bla bla ship, so i never thought the rewards wer crapy, so with this key action i thought to my self, why not buy 30 keys and try my luck, well turns out if your NOT lucky then the rest rewards are crap, yes they have a value and not there not worth 30euro's so yea lockbox's are a RIPOFF, why can't cryptic add the ships to there C-Store like every other ship they added to the store!, reason here is there GREEDY and love to EXPLOIT lesser minded FANS! well i can say it was my first AND last time i spent money on zen for keys!! Cryptic can kiss my Butt! this fan is smart to NOT make the same stupid mistake twice. so i'll use my Lifetime zen on keys, and probably will sell them on exchange, or i need some cool device from the lobi store, then i will use the key my self, atleast i know i get min 4 lobi. anyways i know the box's won't go but i really hope more people will see the evil in them box's and then eventually they will be taken out, sadly there alot of lesser minded players out there with deep pockets.
As said in every other "why can't they add X ship to the Z-store instead of a lockbox" argument: CBS won't allow it. Lockboxes are the only way that Cryptic can guarantee their (relative) rarity and everyone and their brother won't be flying around in one.

I've bought a whopping three keys since I've started playing, when I've had one of those "what the hell, why not" moments. But I don't spend 30 bucks or more on lockboxes unless I have that much to spare, and I'm informed enough to know that my chances are still rare...besides, there are things in the Z-store more worth that kind of money (to me, anyway).
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Career Officer
# 28
12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't get people whinging about not receiving the ultimate prize on a box that had low odds anyway. It was YOUR choice to spend the money. Not satisfied? Stop spending the money.

Best thought (as I did yesterday) buy keys off the exchange. That way, you're only using up energy credits (rather than Zen/Dilithium) and once your out of energy credits, you aren't 'tempted' to buy more (cause you literally can't). I bought five keys with energy credits yesterday, across two accounts. I've two keys left (first three boxes gave me the equivalent of nothing). I would really like a Galor Cruiser, but I'm not spending more money on random chance as I did when these boxes first came around. Nomore.
Ensign
# 29
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
I dont agree with the time the sale ends. I live here on the Eastern Seaboard and many of us dont get paid until the very same time game has maintence done to it, at 10am, and cant access ANYTHING excpet the forum for the next 2 hours. How is it fair for those who live on the eastern seaboard who want to do last minute key shopping, myself included because i have at least 400 lock boxes in my inventory, when we cant access the zen store until the game is finished being worked on? If there is maintance being done the 27th are we still going to be allowed to access the "zen shop?"

I also agree with previous notions that the EC economy is all fracked up. People are just to bloody greedy. I mean placing something that shouldnt cost more than a 50,000 EC as 900,000,000 EC?! Who the hell has that much?! If you truly want to get rid of your items that you dont want give them a reasonable price. People starting off should NOT have to pay nearly 2 million EC for a GD lockbox key or example given 900,000,000 for a rare starship or console. Its prices like that, that ruin the game for those who are new because it sets an imposible goal for them to reach, and by the time they reach 9 out of 10 times the item they wanted is gone or the price has been increased.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 30
12-27-2012, 11:18 AM
As this promotion ended at 10AM PST today, I'm going to close down this thread

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread