Survivor of Romulus
# 31
12-14-2012, 08:24 PM
For the love of all that is good in this world, just say NO to re-species, re-trait maybe. I tire of seeing that question every month. As I've always said in every mmo I've played, you made your choice, deal with it or re-roll.

Also, please, please, please, do not make that god awful ship that is the Typhoon class a player ship. I truly don't want my screen littered with that ugliness.

Lastly, keep up the good work, I look forward to next year.
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Lt. Commander
# 32
12-14-2012, 08:50 PM
what was already apparent from earlier interview and becomes even more apparent from this Q&A is that season 8 will not be the big KDF update and that there will be no such update in the foreseeable future ( dreaming doesn't count )
Captain
# 33
12-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwessels View Post
what was already apparent from earlier interview and becomes even more apparent from this Q&A is that season 8 will not be the big KDF update and that there will be no such update in the foreseeable future ( dreaming doesn't count )
You never know what the future might bring. For all we know, there's a huge KDF update in the works and they don't want to get our hopes up in case it doesn't work out.

Okay, maybe that's pushing it. But still, never give up.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 34 Ho do you...
12-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Ok... I would REALLY like to be able to take screenshots of certain places in STO... would make for some nice Wallpaper... but as yet I can't get the screenshot (ss) to work. I have tried:

PrintScrn
SHIFT + PrintScrn
CTRL + PrintScrn
ALT + PrintScrn
CTRL + Shift + PrintScrn
CTRL + ALT + PrintScrn
ALT + Shift + PrintScrn

None of these has worked. There is a directory in my STO directory called screenshots but there is only one ss in there and I have no idea how I got that one as I am unable to repeat it.

I looked in the Key Binds and HUD section of the Options menu and couldn't find anyway to remap the ss key (whatever it is). I would really like to know how to take a ss in STO, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Empire Veteran
# 35
12-14-2012, 09:37 PM
/screenshot

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Captain
# 36
12-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
You never know what the future might bring. For all we know, there's a huge KDF update in the works and they don't want to get our hopes up in case it doesn't work out.

Okay, maybe that's pushing it. But still, never give up.
He did mention a UI update. Thats a good sign for KDF players, as the horrid UI is half the reason I barely touch my KDF.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 37
12-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Personally, I don't understand this. You took away the ability of players to earn 1440 dilithium in five minutes with the "loophole" that was active since the introduction of dilithium I believe. However, what keeps being glossed over was that that dilithium was all you could earn from that mission that day. Now, with the latest patch, you can earn 960 dilithium from doing one mission of some length, not a "loophole" mission, but you can keep doing it every 30 minutes. Find the right mission, and I'm sure some people are cooking one up right now, and this is the easiest farming mission ever.
Don't worry , once the catatonic spasms ware off , I'm sure the army of the self righteous will be protesting this new "cheat" .

Quote:
Also, exploit the Dilithium exchange, this is brought up a lot. Now, I assume that you meant that some how this mission means that we get more dilithium that we should for the effort we put in and then use that for zen. Let us examine this. When this exploit was active, the Dilithium exchange hovered around 300 Dilithium for 1 zen, so lets use that as a basis. This means that with 1440 Dilithium from this mission, we could get 4.8, lets round that up to 5 zen. Now, here we have this new mission, that rewards 960 dilithium. Which is less, but at the same time, the dilithium exchange has changed due to all of the other changes in Season 7. Now the exchange rate is about 100 Dilithium to 1 zen. So 960 Dilithium gives us 9.6, lets round up to 10 zen.

Now, as players trying to exploit the dilithium exchange, it makes sense to me that we would want to get the greatest amount of zen for the smallest amout of Dilithium. From where I am standing, that one loophole had very little to do about that. Season 7 seems to have been more of an exploit to the dilithium exchange than anything players ever did.
Now you're just confusing them with facts ... .
Don't do that ... , it makes the head hurt ... .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
12-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Might want to check your sources...the Typhoon is a battleship, not a dreadnought . That means that if anything, it should be inferior to the Galaxy-X Dreadought Cruiser.
Dreadnought means nothing more than an all big gun battleship, a design philosophy which every battleship from 1906 on shares. I'm not sure why people get so caught up in the word dreadnought, the word doesn't mean what people seem to think it means.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Commander
# 39
12-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Another sad day for KDF. No real update on KDF improvement ofthrer than DStahls "wish"
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Empire Veteran
# 40
12-15-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Another sad day for KDF. No real update on KDF improvement ofthrer than DStahls "wish"
Don't dwell on it too much; we've survived worse days.

Besides, there is some reason to celebrate: the Nausicaan and Fek'ihri ships got a free material added to their options, in addition to the standard and the Veteren. And yes, it truly is free

It's currently on Tribble, but it will come to Holodeck. And I for one can't wait
Was named Trek17, but still an author.