Captain
# 31
12-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Hopefully they make looking up captains easier. A nice search tool would be a good start, instead of needing to punch the name into the address bar at the top.

Branflake's reply RE: the Gateway and looking up Captains

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Being able to view other player's characters and BOFFs is akin to the original Captain's database -- please note that although you can see your Energy Credit and Dilithium totals, others can not while looking at your character.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Doesn't look like a condemnation of using it to search out Captains and their gear and BOff setups to me.

Last edited by thegrimcorsair; 12-12-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
12-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Hopefully they take it down before someone is stalked , abused or harmed

Which WILL happen
Remember any media will be abused by low grades
look at the two low grades in australia who "pranked " a nurse
Captain
# 33
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Hopefully they take it down before someone is stalked , abused or harmed

Which WILL happen
Remember any media will be abused by low grades
look at the two low grades in australia who "pranked " a nurse
Right, low grades. Y'know, if you ever fall off that high horse you're sittin' on, I sure hope it tramples you.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
12-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Low grades
A term to refer to people who think its "funny" to harm or abuse others
Relates to the phrase "low grade punks"
Lieutenant
# 35 Portraits look strange
12-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Is there a reason why the portraits of my characters and bridge officers don't use the same ones as they do in-game? They just look very weird for some reason...a lot more shadows and wrinkles then I had intended for my characters to have. I suppose the portraits are the same as the ones from the old Captain's bio system, but they're very unappealing in this format. It would be great if portraits could be upgraded.

Loving the STO Gateway concept and the potential it could bring to the game; making our characters look nice would be the icing on the cake.
Commander
# 36
12-13-2012, 08:59 AM
Having it default to allowing others to view ANYTHING about my character or ship I don't SPECIFICALLY authorize I consider an invasion of my personal privacy. Yes, some may say what do you have to hide if you are doing nothing wrong? This is how liberty is dying. I will defer to a quote from Capt. Picard noted in my sig:
" 'A matter of internal security' - the age-old cry of the oppressor' ... 'Prime Minister, even the most comfortable prison is still a prison." Capt. Picard, The Hunted
| 44th Assault Squadron [Kdf] | 44th Fleet [Fed] | Apply: Startrek.44thfleet.com
Ensign
# 37
12-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Is this some kind of a WOW-Arsenal clone? Maybe Itemlevel and skilltrees could be added?
Commander
# 38
12-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
Having it default to allowing others to view ANYTHING about my character or ship I don't SPECIFICALLY authorize I consider an invasion of my personal privacy.
What possible privacy interest could you have in in-game information like the layout of your ship? What could anyone possibly do with it to harm you?
Ensign
# 39
12-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
What possible privacy interest could you have in in-game information like the layout of your ship? What could anyone possibly do with it to harm you?
Maybe some people are just very self concious about ship layout for some weird reason. looks great so far. portraits do kinda look odd. Doff system would be cool, though I think 90% of the posts so far also mention that.
Ensign
# 40
12-17-2012, 06:56 AM
The only thing I am getting out of this with IE 9 is :

Accessing Secure Personnel Files

Please Wait...

5 minutes later Disconnected!

Glad to see nothing has changed with quality control. 2 days so far.

O if you download google chrome as others have had some success with it you may have to put in a code sent via e-mail to you.

If you give up and go back to old stable IE guess what. Another message sent to you to put in the dang code but a new message sent to you.

Can we add the ability to delete character information by just trying to log in? That would make this even more useful
Closed Thread