Career Officer
Given all that the foundry can do i have a question / requst of someone with the knowledge to make the missions.

Talking with several fleet members and freinds that have been here since before f2p and remember how fun and team oreinted the old stf's were, My question is this.....

Can someone make or can a dev put in the stf's the old way ? It seems that there are alot of people that would still love to do them and now with investigate reports only requireing 1 mission this would be an a great way to give those that miss the old way the opurtunity to do it again without messing with the new stuff! Yes /No ?
Ensign
# 2
12-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsie7 View Post
Given all that the foundry can do i have a question / requst of someone with the knowledge to make the missions.

Talking with several fleet members and freinds that have been here since before f2p and remember how fun and team oreinted the old stf's were, My question is this.....

Can someone make or can a dev put in the stf's the old way ? It seems that there are alot of people that would still love to do them and now with investigate reports only requireing 1 mission this would be an a great way to give those that miss the old way the opurtunity to do it again without messing with the new stuff! Yes /No ?
I also think that this would be a awesome idea!

The old STF's are definetly more fun.

The option to do them would be epic !
Career Officer
# 3
12-14-2012, 07:48 PM
We couldn't make exact copies of the old STFs.
Creating group content is difficult (at best).
People don't seem to want the longer missions.

All that said, I have been brainstorming something like what you are talking about.
It will take some time to create obviously, just in the brainstorming stages at the moment.
Just don't expect the Borg as an enemy.

Creating group content is REALLY tough.
Combats are hard enough to balance with the testing tools we have in the Foundry. Trying to figure out the balance for 1 player is difficult. Thinking about a group is tougher.
Career Officer
# 4
12-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Absolutely a FANTASTIC idea!

Bring back the original space and ground STF's for those of us who not only love the originals, but to show our newer fleet friends how hard they were compared to the STF's now.

Good programmers that STO has before and now would never delete their hard work, so I know the 'so called' OLD STF's are still out there in some database - must be - should be and we need them back for old/new time sake!

StarTrek various series are in re-runs all over the world, why not StarTrek Online also allowing STF re-runs of the original works (pre-season 5)?

As an Investigative Officer Report, I would do them and advocate them too all in the fleet and on my friends list!

Thank You, STO!
Bogle@celloman
Captain
# 5
12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
This has always been something on my mind, but, since I never got to run all the originals completely I have never had the drive to do it myself.

We have a lot of the things required asset wise, and with some creative alteration or map design we could basically construct the full missions again. If anything, it would get the story out there, which was pretty good.

It's on my mind, and since the old wiki pages still have all the dialog it wouldn't be too hard to do but... I've got my other projects holding me back.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
12-15-2012, 12:34 AM
The problem is that we can't have true "Boss" encounters. Nothing on the level of Rebecca Simmons aka Manus of Borg.

You might want to check out Napoeleon Blownapart's Fek'lhri invasion.

That is probably the closest to STF type-mission I've seen in the foundry.