Lt. Commander
# 41
12-15-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm just glad they answered mine about the gods-awful repair UI. Admittedly, the answer is a 'eventually, maybe', but at least it's acknowledged as an issue.

That and the 'Red Hot Poker'. Maybe I'll start playing my kdf again with S8.
Commander
# 42
12-15-2012, 02:26 AM
I don't get the "Red Hot Poker" issue. Looking at that glaring red UI just makes me aggressive, which is the perfect state of mind for playing a Klingon.
Survivor of Romulus
# 43
12-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
I don't get the "Red Hot Poker" issue. Looking at that glaring red UI just makes me aggressive, which is the perfect state of mind for playing a Klingon.
Neither do I And I'm actually quite fond of the red UI, get's me in the mood

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post

Besides, there is some reason to celebrate: the Nausicaan and Fek'ihri ships got a free material added to their options, in addition to the standard and the Veteren. And yes, it truly is free

It's currently on Tribble, but it will come to Holodeck. And I for one can't wait
Really?? If this is so, you've just made my day!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lt. Commander
# 44
12-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2 View Post
It induces eye-strain in some people (myself included), and the colourblind have trouble with the orange-on-red theme. Optional colour schemes would go a loooong way to fixing fed-kdf disparity. (Less red = more kdf players = more people wanting kdf issues fixed, theoretically)
Lieutenant
# 45
12-15-2012, 03:34 AM
Q I was wondering when will the Ambassador Class be released and will there be more ways to customize your ship. I always wanted a way to build a Ship like the Galaxy but then lower the Main Hull or move the Main part aroude like in circles something like that. Be nice couse then the player can make his ship look the way he want but be the same ship ( not with weapons or anything just outside type things).
Lieutenant
# 46
12-15-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinsfate View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspidey2
It induces eye-strain in some people (myself included), and the colourblind have trouble with the orange-on-red theme. Optional colour schemes would go a loooong way to fixing fed-kdf disparity. (Less red = more kdf players = more people wanting kdf issues fixed, theoretically)
As long as this change to the KDF UI is optional - that's fine. But don't mess it up for the rest of us who love it as is.

If anything, scientifically speaking (google it yourself for research on the subject) BLUE causes more eye strain in the majority of people than any other standard color and is a major reason I don't touch my smurf ...FED toon that is.

That eye searing blue gives me headaches and I love the red so don't screw it up Cryptic!!!
Captain
# 47
12-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Q: (bridgern) Is the Dilithium Exchange with the exchange rate working as Cryptic wants it to work?

Dstahl: Cryptic does not set the prices on the Dilithium exchange. Players determine what they are willing to barter for and establish prices. Our intention is to ensure that players always have a consistent earning rate of Dilithium for a measured amount of normal game play. We monitor how much Dilithium players are earning hourly and adjust Dilithium Ore rewards accordingly. The benefit of a player driven exchange is that players with no Zen are able to trade the Dilithium they are earning so that they and can easily afford items they would not normally be able to. This allows players with no Zen the ability to get many items from the C-Store without ever spending a dime of their own money. This has been a goal of our F2P design to allow players to play and experience everything in the game without ever spending a dime. Compared to other F2P MMOs, we feel this is a very player friendly approach because the amount of Zen you can obtain via trades is only as much as the other player is willing to trade.
So, players are undercutting each other, for they are desperate to obtain dilithium?

Wouldn't that also imply that: (1) players are tired of the excessive grinding, (2) the dilithium rewards are too low, and/or (3) the dilithium requirements that are too high?

Shouldn't the lower exchange rates be a warning sign, which indicates that something is wrong with the resource requirements?

Last edited by linyive; 12-15-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
12-15-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfrulzfeddroolz View Post
As long as this change to the KDF UI is optional - that's fine. But don't mess it up for the rest of us who love it as is.

If anything, scientifically speaking (google it yourself for research on the subject) BLUE causes more eye strain in the majority of people than any other standard color and is a major reason I don't touch my smurf ...FED toon that is.

That eye searing blue gives me headaches and I love the red so don't screw it up Cryptic!!!
Those for whom the red UI is a problem (myself included) don't want a change forced on anyone; we want an option to use a UI that doesn't cause us problems. The people who want something forced on everyone tends to be those who say the red doesn't affect them so why change it? That's from previous threads I've read.

If the blue affects you like the red affects me then a simple solution is to allow you and I to switch between red/blue regardless of faction.
Captain
# 49
12-15-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchibiclari View Post
Regarding the KDF UI colors, the biggest issue that I have with it is the relative lack of color contrast between friendly targets (red) and enemy targets (yellow)--for a person who has mild colorblindness, it is difficult to distinguish them, and if the red/yellow scheme is kept, I would like to see friendlies shown as a deeper "blood" red (i.e. a small amount of blue in the RGB color map) rather than the brilliant glowing red at present.
After logging into my KDF avatar, I think I noticed the overall problem. Regardless about if you are color blind or not, the contrast between the 'golden' yellow and 'dark' red is very problematic. You can barely distinguish between enemies and allies.

Colorblind people have an issue with red, for they see it as a 'golden' brown color. Since the allies are in a 'dark' red, while the enemies are in a 'golden' yellow, colorblind people will see them as a similar color.

Cryptic didn't use pure yellow, and that is why the contrast is problematic.

Last edited by linyive; 12-15-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 50
12-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdfrulzfeddroolz View Post

YES! Exactly this! I understand the people that have problems with the red and I would like nothing better than them to have the option of choosing an UI colour.
But it has to be an OPTION. This is not directed at the people that want the change, rather at the Devs. (I think they understand this, but anyway) - this needs to be an option, not a full change for the KDF UI, because there are a lot of players that enjoy it the way it is.
So Branflakes, hope you're reading this and please convey the message to the rest of the Dev. team.

In addition, without overexaggerating, as you said I'm much more tollerant to the red than the blue UI and I can in fact play much longer on KDF than the Fed. due to that, although it is not nearly as big of an issue as the people who mentioned their problems with the red UI.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!