Captain
# 181
12-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
I am optomistic
I hope the film bombs and someone else makes some proper Trek again
Ok I just had to respond to this.

You do realize that when a franchise is resurrected and bombs relatively quickly after it tends to just die. As in nothing ever created for it again other than a quick buck from time to time. Oh and perhaps a single shoe string budget attempt that will be a self fulfilling prophecy bomb proving to all it should never be used again.

TOS is my favorite trek. TOS is cowboys in space. JJverse is a modern take on cowboys in space and got my wife to enjoy trek and watch TOS (TNG still bores her too tears) so I like it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 182
12-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Supposing someone offered them more money than the film made to make a new series

no cost to them

BUT they have to officially deny the JJ timeline first

think they would be tempted (because there are a LOT of Trek fans out here who hate it and we were thinking if each of us chipped in a couple of hundred we could make a decent series)
Empire Veteran
# 183
12-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Ok I just had to respond to this.

You do realize that when a franchise is resurrected and bombs relatively quickly after it tends to just die. As in nothing ever created for it again other than a quick buck from time to time. Oh and perhaps a single shoe string budget attempt that will be a self fulfilling prophecy bomb proving to all it should never be used again.

TOS is my favorite trek. TOS is cowboys in space. JJverse is a modern take on cowboys in space and got my wife to enjoy trek and watch TOS (TNG still bores her too tears) so I like it.
There's a reason why many of us are deliberately ignoring anything sollvax says: because he can't be reasoned with, is closed-minded, won't listen to other's opinions... the list goes on.

Just let it go, please
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 184
12-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Supposing someone offered them more money than the film made to make a new series

no cost to them

BUT they have to officially deny the JJ timeline first

think they would be tempted (because there are a LOT of Trek fans out here who hate it and we were thinking if each of us chipped in a couple of hundred we could make a decent series)
If I ever win big on the lotto, I promise that I will produce some New Trek which will completely undo JJ's writings. I'll be starting with the New Frontier series...