Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
So, I wanted to try the Fleet Corsair Flight Deck Cruiser. I could buy it outright, in which case it costs 20K fleet credits and 4 fleet ship modules. That's 2000 zen.

But, thanks to the ship sale, I could buy the original Corsair for 1200 zen then buy the Fleet version for only 1 module because fleet versions cost less when you own the ship it's an upgrade of. Right?

WRONG.

Only tier 5 Z-store ships count as a discount. Fleet corsair still costs 4 ship modules even if you own the original corsair. So I just wasted 1200 zen on a ship I'll never use plus 500 zen for a fleet ship module that I can't buy anything with.

It was all right there in the fine print. Stupid me for lazily assuming that fairness and intuitive logic applied to the situation. Please don't make the same mistake.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go rage.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 761
# 2
11-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Yep. Sucks don't it?
Tip for everyone:

Every single KDF fleet ship that requires modules to get, will cost you 4 modules. Even if you own every single Z-Store KDF ship.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 3
12-03-2012, 05:12 PM
Well, customer service got back to me and said that they couldn't help me at all. Apparently it's against company policy to give refunds in any situation. There's got to be some kind of log file they can check that shows I've never even flown the useless T4 Corsair, it's not like I'm trying to wear something off the clothes rack and then return it.

So now it is my mission to get the Corsair added to the list of ships that give discounts on fleet ships.



Dear Cryptic:

- Corsair costs 1500 zen.
- Fleet ships modules cost 500 zen each.
- This is a total of 2000 zen.

- Four fleet ship modules also costs 2000 zen.

Players have to spend 2000 zen either way to get the fleet ship. You don't lose anything by having the T4 Corsair give a fleet ship discount
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,001
# 4
12-04-2012, 02:36 AM
As far as I'm concerned, a linear regression to costs would've been an excellent method.

1 fsm for a T5 refit
2 fsm for a T4 refit
3 fsm for a T3 refit
4 fsm for a T2/1 refit or new ship

Would represent the amount of work needed for the shipyards, then, and make a lot more sense in terms of pricing.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
# 5
12-15-2012, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
As far as I'm concerned, a linear regression to costs would've been an excellent method.

1 fsm for a T5 refit
2 fsm for a T4 refit
3 fsm for a T3 refit
4 fsm for a T2/1 refit or new ship

Would represent the amount of work needed for the shipyards, then, and make a lot more sense in terms of pricing.
I approve of this message :-)
-------------------------
It's me, Chrome. [Join Date: May 2009]

"Oh, I may be captain by rank... but I never wanted to be anything else but an engineer." ~Montgomery Scott~
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 6
12-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Yep. Sucks don't it?
Tip for everyone:

Every single KDF fleet ship that requires modules to get, will cost you 4 modules. Even if you own every single Z-Store KDF ship.
Yeah, it sucks. They've rectified that slightly be recently adding the B'rel retro and the Varanus into the Fleet ship selection. . .but the B'rel retro's fleet version is an almost non-existent improvement over what was there before. Dunno about the Varanus.

Meanwhile, the Feddies got a Fleet Defiant with 5 tactical consoles that can blast through Tactical Team defenses. And they got it at Tier 3, instead of Tier 5. This, I will not forget.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 7
12-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yeah, it sucks. They've rectified that slightly be recently adding the B'rel retro and the Varanus into the Fleet ship selection. . .but the B'rel retro's fleet version is an almost non-existent improvement over what was there before. Dunno about the Varanus.

Meanwhile, the Feddies got a Fleet Defiant with 5 tactical consoles that can blast through Tactical Team defenses. And they got it at Tier 3, instead of Tier 5. This, I will not forget.
If we got some Dev time
Dan would Stahl it
Check out my shields as Feddies dissolve it
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 8
12-15-2012, 10:34 PM
I got nothing nice to say about it.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 9
12-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I was about to say "Holy Necro Thread Batman" but it hasn't passed the 30 day warranty before considering it a dead thread
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 PM.