Republic Veteran
# 1 Guramba Questions...
12-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I have been thinking about buying a Guramba for a while, now I had a couple questions I was curious about.

Now last I heard that beam overload shares a cooldown with the javelin...is that true? If so does it share a cooldown with all beam abilities?

I think I had something else to ask but not sure at the moment. >.>
Captain
# 2
12-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I have been thinking about buying a Guramba for a while, now I had a couple questions I was curious about.

Now last I heard that beam overload shares a cooldown with the javelin...is that true? If so does it share a cooldown with all beam abilities?

I think I had something else to ask but not sure at the moment. >.>
I can confirm that the Javelin shares a cooldown with Beam Overload, but it's actually quite manageable if you wanna run BO on your Guramba. I am not certain about other beam abilities.
Republic Veteran
# 3
12-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I can confirm that the Javelin shares a cooldown with Beam Overload, but it's actually quite manageable if you wanna run BO on your Guramba. I am not certain about other beam abilities.
Just I was thinking BO III to help take down a shield to use the javelin...since that isn't possible I was thinking perhaps TSS:S III instead...
Captain
# 4
12-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Just I was thinking BO III to help take down a shield to use the javelin...since that isn't possible I was thinking perhaps TSS:S III instead...
Well, it would probably work against NPCs (which are the only thing you would be using Siege Mode against), because they don't reroute shields that quickly. The cooldown is only reset to 15 seconds, I think, so there would only be a 15 second gap. At least, if you used Javelin and then BO3.

It's been a while, so they might've changed the cooldowns at some point without my really noticing.
Captain
# 5
12-15-2012, 10:00 PM
It's only beam overload, but I find it's still useful to have both javelin and BO.

The thing is, sometimes you want the speed and handling out of siege mode, so BO is useful. Or you don't want the brief shutdown of all combat abilities.

I actually run with two cannons, one beam array, and one dbb. I use scatter cannon, crf, faw and beam overload, and it works rather nicely.

May not be optimal in pvp, not sure, but it can be pretty versatile.