Lt. Commander
# 61 how's this for stupid
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I decided to create a new account with a different account name to try to link that to the cryptic account.

Lo and behold when I entered the new account it already has a linked account to STO that is empty so logging in did not get me to the page that will allow me to link a cryptic account to it.

Stupid programming. A massive hole in the code logic.

I suppose there is no provision in your code to link a NEW pwe account to an OLD Cryptic account is there? How about linking a Cryptic account to a PWE account with the same account name?

How about a way to DELETE or RENAME my pwe account to something else so i can actually login to my cryptic account?

Last edited by ga1en; 12-12-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Lieutenant
# 62
12-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Seems like I'm having a different problem to most.

When I try to create my new PWE account from my Cryptic account, it tells me that someone else has already registered both my account name and display names. I recall from when account linking was first pushed to users, many people had the same issue and apparently Cryptic had reserved names matching those of existing STO accounts ready for the conversion but for some reason, it locked and would not let you use it - hence many people created new names and much forum rage ensued. I thought this issue had been fixed (its one reason my I never linked my accounts).

Note that the account I use to post to the forum is a different one than the one I am trying to link my STO / Cryptic data to for security reasons - I want to keep a totally separate forum account with a different name.

EDIT: Just emailed PWE support, received an automated response fairly quickly - they estimate 3-4 days before I should see a response - I guess they are busy at the moment! Oh well, guess no Breen Cruiser for me.

EDIT #2: Had a response from customer services, giving me the already posted instructions on how to create an account (the same instructions I was following when the problem I've logged occurred) and a link to reset my Cryptic account's password. Why would I need to reset my password? I know it and can login using it!
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.

Last edited by naffoffpwe; 12-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 63
12-13-2012, 01:11 AM
I take back all the bad things i said about the incompetence of the people here. Apparently the changed the method of loggin in to the game by recognizing when you log in to your pwe account and now it asks if you have a cryptic account you want to link to it, so kudos to the people who worked on this.

You have my sincere apologies for any offense I may have given to anyone on your team. The Customer service is also rather fast in their replies.

After I got thier mail to login to my account I thought they were talking about logging in onto the web site as that was where the linking was happening.

Apparently the meant to login onto the STO launcher.

When I did it thanked me for loggin in to my PWE account and asked if I had a Cryptic account i wanted to link to it. If yes, it asked me to enter the account name and password.

Nice one. I bypasses the problem of identical PWE and Cryptic account names.

Thanks PWE.
Ensign
# 64
12-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Is there anyway way to link a cryptic account now? I never seen a message on the launcher that said it was mandatory. Now I can't log in to link it.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 65
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky3 View Post
Is there anyway way to link a cryptic account now? I never seen a message on the launcher that said it was mandatory. Now I can't log in to link it.
Yes; please follow the instructions here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
# 66
12-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Yes; please follow the instructions here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=784201

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Nope, It only allows you to log into a PWE account and there is one with the same name.

update: managed to log into my Cryptic account at https://secure.crypticstudios.com/startrek/menu
But no option to link my account.

Last edited by chucky3; 12-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Ensign
# 67
12-14-2012, 06:42 AM
I was having the same issue - instead of logging in by clicking 'Register/Login' click on 'My Account' and login that way instead. It worked for me.

Seems the FAQ needs to be updated.
Ensign
So I have a completely different problem. When I try to link my Cryptic account with PW account, so I argue that the account is linked with different account... But I never linked my Cryptic account with PW account... Now I do not know what to do. I wrote a ticket, but I fear that the characters in my Cryptic account are lost forever, because that certainly support anything do about it.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm from CZ.
Ensign
# 69
12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Cryptic Account inaccessible and lost.
Cryptic was my main account, bought char. slots and had Z-bucks on it.
Goodbye PW !
Commander
# 70
12-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberat View Post
Cryptic Account inaccessible and lost.
Cryptic was my main account, bought char. slots and had Z-bucks on it.
Goodbye PW !
And you didn't bother submitting a ticket....why? It's posts like this that make me facepalm....one post wonders that post how mad they are at the company when they didn't make the first effort to try and get the situation corrected...
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting