Ensign
# 1 Romulan MK XII space weapons
12-16-2012, 04:22 AM
Hi

So I've just unlocked the Romulan rep store with Beam arrays XII. I was expecting to pay Romulan Marks and Dilithium in amount of 10k. What do I get?

28540 dilithium for EACH beam array, that is no better than Pre season 7 Borg weapons. Seriously what the hell? This season is supposed to be easier for casuals. Am I the only one who thinks this is severly overpriced? Thank god I got my MK XII weapons before season 7 or I'll be crying in a corner by now
Commander
# 2
12-16-2012, 04:32 AM
You are right they are horribly overpriced and this is why:

Cryptic set the prices using the current dilithium store as a precedent. However this store was always so massivly overpriced that no one EVER used it to buy weapons, making it a really BAD precedent.

They are unlikely to care though. They want it to take you forever to grind a full set of weapons. What confuses me is this makes sense if we all paid a subscription but making people play longer (read: grind more) doesn't really make sense in a F2P model. Especially when the lack of affordable, quality items in the z-store destroys the concept of impulse buying.
Captain
# 3
12-16-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boumazza View Post
Hi

So I've just unlocked the Romulan rep store with Beam arrays XII. I was expecting to pay Romulan Marks and Dilithium in amount of 10k. What do I get?

28540 dilithium for EACH beam array, that is no better than Pre season 7 Borg weapons. Seriously what the hell? This season is supposed to be easier for casuals. Am I the only one who thinks this is severly overpriced? Thank god I got my MK XII weapons before season 7 or I'll be crying in a corner by now

I fitted my ship in full Romulan weapons, I wouldn't have been able to do it if it was Romulan Marks. Dilithium is a lot easier to come by then Romulan marks.
Captain
# 4
12-16-2012, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
They are unlikely to care though. They want it to take you forever to grind a full set of weapons. What confuses me is this makes sense if we all paid a subscription but making people play longer (read: grind more) doesn't really make sense in a F2P model. Especially when the lack of affordable, quality items in the z-store destroys the concept of impulse buying.
The point is that you buy zen to convert to dilithium. This is the same model every F2P in existance uses. You either spend the time, or you spend a dime.

It takes a person 3.5 days of playing ~2 hours a day to earn enough dilithium to get one of these weapons, and that's assuming they only have one character. So maybe 5-6 hours a weapon, at the high end. It's not exactly a huge cost.

Last edited by xantris; 12-16-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
12-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Do the Romulan plasma weapons differ visually from regular plasma weapons in any way?
Captain
# 6
12-16-2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmn View Post
Do the Romulan plasma weapons differ visually from regular plasma weapons in any way?
I honestly didn't notice. If they do it's a very slight hue difference not worthy of mention.
Career Officer
# 7
12-16-2012, 06:02 AM
I decided to go with Polarized Disruptors Mk XII on my Aventine. I think the Beam Arrays were around 500k EC on the exchange, the turrets are currently around 2,4 million EC (I was checking them out for a possible Breen build). Everyone has resistance to plasma. Of course, this means that I also won't get any further parts of the Romulan console/weapon set. In fact I don't need any of their equipment beside the console. The only things worth unlocking are the abilities. High density beam rifle? Crap. Wide beam pistol? Can get a polarized disruptor one cheaply from the exchange. Assault weapon? Meh, I prefer full auto rifles for the looks. Flamethrower? Sure, as soon as you manage to put a stun setting on that.......
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lieutenant
# 8
12-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I honestly didn't notice. If they do it's a very slight hue difference not worthy of mention.
I got too curious so I went ahead and bought one. It's a warm green colour, here's a pic where I fire both it and a regular plasma beam at the same time. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things so I'm pleased, plus the disruptor proc is pretty nice with fighters.
Republic Veteran
# 9
12-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmn View Post
I got too curious so I went ahead and bought one. It's a warm green colour, here's a pic where I fire both it and a regular plasma beam at the same time. I'm a sucker for these kinds of things so I'm pleased, plus the disruptor proc is pretty nice with fighters.
So its basically the color of a disruptor?
Captain
# 10
12-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Almost 30K/weapon ? Wow that's crazy. The ground gun are at 15K, and we need only one. A ship need up to 8 weapons (240K dil). Maybe less dil and some marks ?