Captain
# 61
12-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm glad that something is finally being done about the UI colors, I might actually dust the cobwebs off of my KDF toon.
Career Officer
# 62
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM
As for a DS9-style station, I think this would be a good way to include a 'mining' type holding. That would allow for players to keep their normal starbase but have another iconic outpost that has a canon reason for being involved in resource collection.
Captain
# 63
12-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Q: (werewolf359) You mentioned recently that an upcoming season would be titled ?Founders of the Federation? and include the sector between Sirius and Beta Ursae. Does this mean we?ll get the missing founding world Tellar as a social zone or at least as a dot on the map?

Dstahl: The comment comes from an interview where I mentioned that one of the sectors we want to do is the area to the galactic left of Sol in the Alpha Quadrant. This area would include Trill, Ferenginar, Tellar, and several other Founders of the Federation. We have not fully fleshed out the concept for this sector, but one idea was to make it a purely Foundry related zone where players could create missions that represent this mostly peaceful part of our galactic map.
While I like and support the idea, I hope that Dstahl realizes that it would require art assets. We don't have anything Ferengi for Ferenginar. We're mostly limited to using:

Cardassian, Vulcan, Romulan, Fed, KDF, and generic science or colony buildings, etc.

Please, for a moment, think of us as one of your teams. If you wanted one of your teams to develop this specific sector, what kinds of assets would they need to tell their stories?

Asking us to develop a sector but not giving us the resources to do so would be unfair.
Captain
# 64
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM
The problem I have with a DS9 style starbase, is it is actually not a federation design (And I am assuming the ones who want a ds9 style are the feds). It is actually a cardassian designed station that was taken over by bajor after the occupation, and administered by the federation, presumably until bajor was made a member world (at which point it was all federation owned and operated).
Career Officer
# 65
12-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
The problem I have with a DS9 style starbase, is it is actually not a federation design (And I am assuming the ones who want a ds9 style are the feds). It is actually a cardassian designed station that was taken over by bajor after the occupation, and administered by the federation, presumably until bajor was made a member world (at which point it was all federation owned and operated).
That's true, but it's still a nice station design. Over the years a lot of mods for Star Trek games have incorporated the design for use by Federation bases since it's so popular, so I don't see it being a problem if STO does it. I used to like building them in the Armada Millenium Project mod.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
BRING BACK ENDGAME FOR THE 'NON DPS CHAMPIONS'!!!!
Captain
# 66
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
True, but keep in mind that the Cardassian government allied with the Federation following the Dominion War. They've already given us Galor class cruisers, why not a Nor-type starbase?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 67
12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Q: (ciprianp1) Long long long time ago?. there was a very nice gun: TR-116, that Target gave. But not everyone of us lives in the USA. SO: Is there any plan on ever bring it into the game ( via c-store)?

Dstahl: Probably not in the immediate future. There were problems with this weapon that needed to be addressed and so, until we resolve the design of the weapon and introduce a replacement, we do not want to put more of these into the game.
that is such a cop-out. why not just state clearly that it didnt make money wasnt worth the time and there will be nothing of this again...

this weapon has been in the game for nearly 3 years and is the most worthless weapon in the game after level 10.

i have been playing this since launch and just about every pre-order item is availible in your cashshop but this weapon and the pre-order bodyarmor.
There is no QA there is only ZUUL
Ensign
# 68
12-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Q. I know the game is already very "free" player friendly, but is there a possiblitly of making a minimum limit on how much dilithium to sell for Cryptic points, something like 100 dilithium for 1 C token
Lt. Commander
# 69
12-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle0793 View Post
Q. I know the game is already very "free" player friendly, but is there a possiblitly of making a minimum limit on how much dilithium to sell for Cryptic points, something like 100 dilithium for 1 C token
there is its 25 dilithium to 1 zen ratio and it been that ratio since season 6 and when they switched to zen
Captain
# 70
12-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeswar2 View Post
there is its 25 dilithium to 1 zen ratio and it been that ratio since season 6 and when they switched to zen
Isn't it 50:1?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q