Empire Veteran
# 291
11-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Season 7 is doing great. Lots of new players are logging in. Plenty of returning players are coming back to check out the new update. Concurrency is up across the board and generally speaking the team is very proud of the work that went into this Season and we are thrilled by all of the wonderful comments about New Romulus and the new Events. You can expect more large zones like this in future Seasons. - dstahl
Not to play the Devil's Advocate here, but is it not normal for a boost in the playberbase upon a Season release, including the mentioning of veteran players returning - Yet, many return out of curiousity as to how the game is doing or improving, or NOT improving.

I read what dastahl has written, and I have to say that some of the things mentioned regarding the upcoming changes is to my liking - Yet there still remain plenty more that is to be desired, S7 continues to refrain me in commiting the way I use to. dastahl & the CRYPTIC team definition of fun is dilusional at best.

I agree with some recent upcoming changes and welcome them, yet Season 7 is not what I had hoped it would be. However; like many here I have learned to take his words as a grain of salt, I do not believe a single word utter - simply because any head of CRYPTIC is liken unto a doubleminded man.

Last edited by stark2k; 11-21-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Ensign
# 292 romulan reputation tier 1
12-16-2012, 09:49 AM
romulan reputation tier 1 how do i get 30 engineering or operations duty officers
Captain
# 293
12-16-2012, 09:59 AM
I still prefer this system to running Cure Ground Elite 5000 times for gear.
Career Officer
# 294
12-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
I still prefer this system to running Cure Ground Elite 5000 times for gear.
Say that again when there's something you want in the Rom reputation and you've got zero Rom marks (because of the pathetic rewards) and you need 800 of them to unlock Mk XII DHCs and Turrets (2 x 150 Rom Mark unlocks) and 500 for a torpedo launcher.

I never want to scan another radiation sample ever again - hell, I barely want to set foot on New Romulus ever again.

254 runs of Elite STFs got me everything at least twice - and damn, I made enough dilithium to refine for a year. The new system is horrible.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 295
12-16-2012, 10:12 AM
254 runs of Elite STFs didn't do that for me. Me, I'd rather not gamble.

I AM a little annoyed at the narrow options for getting MK XII weapons, though.
Lt. Commander
# 296
12-16-2012, 10:21 AM
The system is bad, because it was poorly thought out and implemented poorly. As an 'alternative' to running STF's I could see that but as a replacement? No. It was in place for at least an entire Season, so you saw fit to leave it in place that long even though it was breaking the game somehow? First take DIL away, and make more things cost DIL. Players scream at you, return DIL and 'some' drops to STF's.

Wait, I have an idea....let's return Investigate Reports, make them doable every 30mins, give 960DIL and 50 FMarks! This will make players happy and be quiet for awhile because we hate getting yelled at for sucking so bad! Never mind the fact it goes against everything we've said and done since S7 was launched! Woo-hoo!

Dudes, all this started over screwing with the STF's and adding Rep systems with counters everywhere telling you to 'hurry up and wait'. I, for one, was very happy with the drop system in place when I came back to the game during S7 and found STF's to be my favorite thing. I got a few tech pieces, but didn't complete any MACO/Omega sets. I loved the excitement and randomness of the drops, I saw quite a few times my last Tech piece I needed drop, but got out-rolled which is part of the game IMO, you get a chance and sometimes you get it sometimes not. There's games out there you could play your whole life and not get a drop of something in particular....it's just the way it is. I can see adding Rep system as an ALTERNATIVE to STF grinding for drops, but replacing it completely? Weak, and lame, and boring especially for those of us who knew the old system and played it at length.

It's like giving your child a great toy for Xmas then taking it away a week later telling them 'We've got this new Rep system for you! We'll put this toy in a black box you can't see into, but we swear it's in there, others too! Only XXXhours more of pointless boring grindy nonsense and a big clock taunting you with a countdown until you EARN the toy back we gave you already after you unlock pictures of it. Fun right?!?'

Yes, it's an old argument. I'll never get tired of yelling at Cryptic for their shortcomings....what else can we do really other than not give them more money?
Captain
# 297
12-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtheexplore View Post
romulan reputation tier 1 how do i get 30 engineering or operations duty officers
If you are in a fleet and have a Tier 2 Industrial Fabricator, then it will allow you to purchase Engineering and Operations Duty Officers for 750 Fleet Credits. Otherwise, you are stuck with the exchange.