Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System
Login

Republic Veteran
Is it me or are they much much rarer now, I've been trying to get one for a character of mine but I've only seen like once or twice in the last few weeks.

I tour the sectors like daily for raiding missions for contraband so its not like I don't get around much.
Captain
# 2
12-16-2012, 10:57 AM
assuming your a KDF, just hang around the qounos sector, i normally trip over harpeng missions outside our beloved planet :p
Tactical Cube deals 338364 (204629) Kinetic Damage to Tactical Cube with Plasma Torpedo - Heavy III.
Recoil damage... Burn
Commander
# 3
12-16-2012, 11:07 AM
i have an easy way of getting the hargh'peng which is to play the star fleet mission dooms day device for the mission reward and sent via mail to you kdf character.
Commander
# 4
12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
in game mail.
Commander
# 5
12-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Is it me or are they much much rarer now, I've been trying to get one for a character of mine but I've only seen like once or twice in the last few weeks.

I tour the sectors like daily for raiding missions for contraband so its not like I don't get around much.
From what I've read...why so serious about getting the weapon? I've read it's only marginally more effective than firing tribbles out of your torpedo tube...
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Empire Veteran
# 6
12-16-2012, 12:22 PM
They are quite useful for builds that have no skill points in torpedoes. And yes, I would say the assignments don't show up as often as they did at first, but I have no real data on that.
Rihannsu
# 7
12-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
i have an easy way of getting the hargh'peng which is to play the star fleet mission dooms day device for the mission reward and sent via mail to you kdf character.
It's BoP...

I really wish that Harghs would show their DPS properly... But I like using them for the DoT and splash damage. Quite impressive.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 8
12-16-2012, 12:48 PM
the hargh'pengs are the fastest torpedeos in the game and they by pass shields, hit the hall fairly hard without torpedeo skill pionts. the radiation work good too and finally boom at first fired and 15 second after first boom.

ps with 2 hargh' pengs launcher you can have the secondary boom about 5 secong apart and a a new hergh'peng torpedeo ready to fire
Captain
# 9
12-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiandata1 View Post
the hargh'pengs are the fastest torpedeos in the game and they by pass shields, hit the hall fairly hard without torpedeo skill pionts. the radiation work good too and finally boom at first fired and 15 second after first boom.
ps with 2 hargh' pengs launcher you can have the secondary boom about 5 secong apart and a a new hergh'peng torpedeo ready to fire
They don't bypass shields, that's the radiation.
That's a valid point, but the radiation can be cleared with hazard emitters.
Last I checked, it was a ten second cooldown on other hargh'pengs after you fired one.

Answers in corresponding colors.

The hargh'peng is a mixed bag that really depends on how you use it. I have noticed that it has lower accuracy than most torpedoes it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Republic Veteran
# 10
12-16-2012, 06:26 PM
I found one...of course failed it >.>