Empire Veteran
1) we aren't "captains". I am stuck at lte general. Feds are stuck at va. There won't be an advancement for a while and there hasn't been on for a while. Staying a captain would have made sense

2) fed/kdf "war". Worst war I have ever seen

3) carriers. At first the Feds were not suppose to get carriers. Now they do. That is fair because the kdf get them.
But why couldn't a galaxy class launch a shuttle like it does in the shows?
Sure carrier had the ability to launch frigates, but everyone should have had the ability to launch small craft.

4) the kdf "lolfaction"

5) Feds flying every other governments ship except their own. Can you imagine The us allowing their armed forces to ride nazi tanks/airplanes?
Captain
# 2
12-16-2012, 11:28 AM
I find the Federation/Klingon Empire War to be like the USA/USSR war. There are minor skirmishes, but nothing that would be classified as anything, but a cold war.
Republic Veteran
# 3
12-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
1)

5) Feds flying every other governments ship except their own.
Just pretend they are on an extended undercover mission...also don't worry about what others fly, just worry about your own crew.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
The whole rank tied to level has always bugged me.

In the tutorial we should of been a commander/first officer, after that promoted to captain and stayed that rank... Captain 1 to 50

"The Road To Arc Is Paved With Good Intentions"
Career Officer
# 5
12-16-2012, 11:37 AM
1. Big gripe since before launch. A fix, asked for many times, would allow you to set your title to Captain, and all NPCs would address you by your title rank.

2. I would hope that in the future, we will be able to end the war and turn our combined attention to a larger threat. Perhaps a full-fledged faction to play aggressor.

3. I agree to an extent. Possible means to allow this would like the Scorpion fighter device from The Vault. Feds could get a choice of device, Danube, Peregrine, or Delta. KDF could get Toron, or any of the fighters/shuttles available to them. Device would work only if equipped in a device slot, and would launch 1-3 shuttles or fighters. Could be bought with dilithium, but not c-store or marks.

4. We have been promised love since before launch, and gotten little. Would be nice to finally get some dev attention to flesh us out as a true full faction.

5. To an extent you are correct. In wartime, we have used on occasion, enemy materiel for covert operations, particularly espionage agents. This was all on a limited scale and for a limited time, of course. Bug ships, Cardassian ships, Breen ships, Mirror ships - all things the Federation would not use unless it was dire need, to supplement the fleet. I can accept legitimate use of Vulcan and Caitian ships. For the KDF, using ships from other races, especially to confuse the enemy on the battlefield, would be widely accepted I believe.
Rihannsu
# 6
12-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Entering a new sector and finding your ship point the wrong way.

In terms of the war, i view it as a passage of time. players at level 1 are in 2409 for example. The war is raging, lots of battles going on showcased by the patrols, fleet actions and episodes.

characters at level 50 are in 2410 where the real instigators of the war, the undine and to an extent the iconians have been revealed, the situation with the romulans has changed, the threat of the borg has kicked into overdrive with the sector wide attacks and defera and i imagine peace talks have broken out, to the point where its now an uneasy truce, with certain rogue elements of the kdf still wanting to continue the war.

i know within an mmo its hard to see that kind of passage, and certain events like fleet actions blur the lines but for me the fed/kdf war is pretty much over. much like in season 4 and 5 of ds9. they had a brtief war, but the dominion exposure and the threat from cardassia forced them back together.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission

Last edited by captainrevo1; 12-16-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Ensign
# 7
12-16-2012, 11:41 AM
The thing that bugs me the most is that at VA I'm still given B!tch work by everyone. "I know you're a Vice Admiral sir and I'm just a lowly ensign but can you go do some radiation reports for me?" No! You go do it! I mean I understand why but some of the stuff that I'm given to do could easily be taken care of by one of my crew.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
12-16-2012, 11:43 AM
To be a captain is all some of us ever wanted (and this "congratulations Admiral now go and make the tea" bit is just annoying)

I can and do launch a shuttle (in sector space)

As to the war I think its time to scrap omega farce and have a REAL enemy (not the naff borg)
Captain
# 9
12-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post

5) Feds flying every other governments ship except their own. Can you imagine The us allowing their armed forces to ride nazi tanks/airplanes?
there have been times in history where naval vessels have been commandeered after the victory/loss of a battle, i vaugly remember a few russian/japanese ships being commandeered by either side during the ruso-japanese war but then again i would have to check that

edit:
there is even a DS9 episode were sisko and others pinch a jemhadar ship :p
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I assume most "oddity" ships are renegades

Id actually like to see a massive penalty for using a non faction ship

Say a 20% reduction in Damage/accuracy as your poor crew struggles to work controls in an alien language

mind you I would also impose a penalty for anyone using non faction WEAPONS as well