Ensign
# 151 Problems copying .hoggs
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
When I'm trying to copy my existing Win7 Bootcamp install over, I'm getting errors on certain .hogg files -- Finder tells me, "(filename).hogg can't be read or written (error code -36)", and using Terminal + sudo cp -Rp gets "(filename).hogg: Device not configured."

Anyone seen this before?
Captain
# 152
12-12-2012, 01:17 PM
As of late I have been getting crashed very frequently.. any reasons for this?
Ensign
# 153
12-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Performance has been horrible at best for me with my own wrapper. So I'm gonna try the one linked here and give it a go.

Edit: On a side note; what made you decide to go with this particular engine therealdoh123? I've been playing with wineskin for a while now but never would have thought to download that one. Is it commonly used these days? Is it known to work well with other games?

Edit 2: Holy crap performance with this engine is like night and day compared to the engine that comes with Wineskin. I'd really like to know what differences there are. I noticed it said something about X11../shrug Thanks for the wrapper therealdoh123, we should IM sometime.

Mid 2010 27-inch iMac
3.2GHz intel
4GB 1333 RAM
Radeon HD 5670 512mb
OS X 10.8.2

Last edited by alinon; 12-13-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Lieutenant
# 154
12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
After the patch today my settings changed (wine no longer runs in a window) and the game is popping up an error about the game "not entirely being on the appropriate monitor". I'm pretty sure it IS only on the main monitor so I don't know what to do here.

EDIT: Forceful quit no longer seems to work if STO crashes (which still happens).

Last edited by celillarnon; 12-13-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Captain
# 155
12-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Doh? You there?
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
Greetings,

In the last month the autolauncher began to not work. I was not able to get on, until it was suggested to me that I replace the "Star Trek Online.exe" file. I found it, deleted it, and put the new downloaded one in. that allowed me to play for about a week...and then one day I got the white screen where the launcher was to me, and another smaller white box in front of it. No contents in either.

Reading the posts, I tried the last suggestion of re-downloading the "STO UMV 1.5.1" file, and simply dropping into the "Program Files" of the "Star Trek Online" application. This resulted in the same result, of two boxes appearing where the auth-launcher should have.

Is there anything else I can try? I really don't want to download the entirety of STO, as my internet speed is not the fastest.
Career Officer
# 157
12-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinon View Post
Performance has been horrible at best for me with my own wrapper. So I'm gonna try the one linked here and give it a go.

Edit: On a side note; what made you decide to go with this particular engine therealdoh123? I've been playing with wineskin for a while now but never would have thought to download that one. Is it commonly used these days? Is it known to work well with other games?

Edit 2: Holy crap performance with this engine is like night and day compared to the engine that comes with Wineskin. I'd really like to know what differences there are. I noticed it said something about X11../shrug Thanks for the wrapper therealdoh123, we should IM sometime.

Mid 2010 27-inch iMac
3.2GHz intel
4GB 1333 RAM
Radeon HD 5670 512mb
OS X 10.8.2
if you were using any engine based off Wine 1.5.1+ then you probably ran into the AMD driver bug in OSX... it causes rendering in Wine to fall back to software, and extremely slow. For me its just a lot of trial and error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celillarnon View Post
After the patch today my settings changed (wine no longer runs in a window) and the game is popping up an error about the game "not entirely being on the appropriate monitor". I'm pretty sure it IS only on the main monitor so I don't know what to do here.

EDIT: Forceful quit no longer seems to work if STO crashes (which still happens).
I dont know... are you talking about a virtual desktop window, or just windowed mode in STO? It will only try using your primary monitor... it may be a monitor issue though, so maybe try running a single monitor and see if anything is different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Doh? You there?
huh?
Captain
# 158
12-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
huh?
Sorry. It's just been more than a week since you posted, and since you're usually pretty quick to solve these issues I was worried you'd forgotten us.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Career Officer
# 159
12-22-2012, 05:40 PM
I put together a test wrapper to play around with Codeweavers new Mac Driver for the interface instead of having to use X11.... its still Alpha quality so I of course expected problems. I'm not going to worry about putting it up here for anyone else to try though cuz its way too problematic right now. Clicks not being registered... really low graphics performance... etc... right now the current one that uses X11 (WineskinX11 built in the wrapper) is running MUCH better, but maybe with improvements tot he Mac Driver over 2013, we can get that in here and get some better performance.
Captain
# 160
12-25-2012, 02:26 PM
I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5 ?, Intel Core i7... 8GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Any ideas why it keeps crashing after some time from time to time?