Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 312
# 361
12-15-2012, 06:17 AM
37th page!

Now they have to add it!

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 96
# 362
12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Why do we have to beg for a fully designed ship someone already has on a flash drive somewhere?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,395
# 363
12-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trahl View Post
Why do we have to beg for a fully designed ship someone already has on a flash drive somewhere?
crowd experiment. At least a Jupe would fit Federation play-styles, and be a better choice than the craptastic Bortasque' was for the Klingons.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,888
# 364
12-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
crowd experiment. At least a Jupe would fit Federation play-styles, and be a better choice than the craptastic Bortasque' was for the Klingons.
Just because you lack the skill to play a Bortasqu doesnt mean it sucks, its just not for everyone. I do quite well in it and so do many others.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,395
# 365
12-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Just because you lack the skill to play a Bortasqu doesnt mean it sucks, its just not for everyone. I do quite well in it and so do many others.
Neither a lack of skill, nor patience, it's that it's designed as a gimped Oddy without those graces that apply to KDF Battle cruisers.

On my fed I can handle a "Slow turning ship" pretty easily-it's just that the experience on anything OTHER than a fed engineer makes my teeth hurt.

On the original topic, however-the Jupiter is (based on the art, and on appearances in PvE events like FM missions) the epitome of the slow, heavy, "Hit me if you dare" cruiser-the kind of cruiser we see in a somewhat lesser form with the Exploration cruiser series, and it would NOT generate the level of irritation that the Bort generated on the KDF side for being the same kind of ride.

Because it fits the Doctrine, what is called the "Faction 'Feeling'" in some circles, of the Federation's larger ship classes.

i.e. slow turning with lots of power, heavy shields, and thick, heavy hull. the Jupe would FIT.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,888
# 366
12-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Neither a lack of skill, nor patience, it's that it's designed as a gimped Oddy without those graces that apply to KDF Battle cruisers.

On my fed I can handle a "Slow turning ship" pretty easily-it's just that the experience on anything OTHER than a fed engineer makes my teeth hurt.

On the original topic, however-the Jupiter is (based on the art, and on appearances in PvE events like FM missions) the epitome of the slow, heavy, "Hit me if you dare" cruiser-the kind of cruiser we see in a somewhat lesser form with the Exploration cruiser series, and it would NOT generate the level of irritation that the Bort generated on the KDF side for being the same kind of ride.

Because it fits the Doctrine, what is called the "Faction 'Feeling'" in some circles, of the Federation's larger ship classes.

i.e. slow turning with lots of power, heavy shields, and thick, heavy hull. the Jupe would FIT.
You don't need the manuverabilty of KDF battlecruisers in PVE if you can handle manuvering a Bortasqu, my Command Bortasqu or Tac Bortasqu does the job my Fleet Torkaht does better because it has either an extra tac console or sensor analysis, autocannon, and still keeps its DHC on target all the time. It fits the KDF style of cruisers somewhat, because they all are about front facing damage, no ship does this better then a Bortasqu. A fed eng cant compare since you are using beams instead of DHC. I usually use single cannons on my Bort or use my Fleet Torkaht in pvp, but just for a laugh I even used the DHC on my bort a few times in pvp and was suprised at how well it does, timing alpha strikes doesnt give targets much time to manuver out of firing arc. Granted there were lots of times people caught on and stayed out of firing arc whole time but then i just pick a new target.

Back on topic I dont think a jupiter class should not be able to do what a bortasqu does, have massive front facing damage with dhc and autocannon. It should be slightly less manuverable and have something to give its beams more damage, maybe more weapon power then other ships have, and/or and innate beam skill, and should be as tanky as a bort or ody.

Last edited by marc8219; 12-15-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 221
# 367
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm slightly concerned that Dstahl was hesitant about adding the Typhoon... What could that mean about the Jupiter?

/sigh We've got more than 37 pages, because this is the second Jupiter forums I've made (the last one was close with the forum switch). That first had quite a few pages as well (I'd say around 30).

Here's to hope!
-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,240
# 368
12-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiiliitiila View Post
I'm slightly concerned that Dstahl was hesitant about adding the Typhoon... What could that mean about the Jupiter?

/sigh We've got more than 37 pages, because this is the second Jupiter forums I've made (the last one was close with the forum switch). That first had quite a few pages as well (I'd say around 30).

Here's to hope!
-Quiiliitiila
we must inite againts cryptic.. jupiter and typhoon fans must work together :O
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,715
# 369
12-16-2012, 02:02 PM
If I'm going to be clamoring to get a ship put into the game it sure is not going to be a Jupiter.
I'm sorry but that ship has to be the ugliest kitbash I've ever seen. The Typhoon I can see, it has a design that at least makes some sense along the lines of how Starfleet makes ships, but the Jupiter looks like something put together by a Pakled because they couldn't figure out where the pieces go.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
# 370
12-16-2012, 02:09 PM
I know it's about the Common Opinion but Jupiter an the TYphoon are in my eyes Ugly.
and i hope when we get a Dreadnought wie became new Models
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.