Empire Veteran
# 21
12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boumazza View Post
I know you can't get them anymore. I already have them from previous season. Just wondering if the new romulan beam arrays combined with romulan and (optionally) reman set are superior to AP borg beam arrays
The reman set won't help.

It's a valid but expensive option with at least two parts of the new romulan set (the one with the console, the unique plasma beam and plasma torp). Not a great choice for a tac to say the least, but it's fine for engs or even scis on boats with a low turnrate. The console and the special beam are completely pointless for tacs; i'd advise to choose the borg set instead (two parts only with the cutting beam and the torp).

It should be slithgly superior to the old borg stuff but don't expect a huge change.

Last edited by diogene0; 12-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 22
12-16-2012, 12:18 PM
So far, the only Romulan equipment I find useful from the Rep system are the Scorpion Fighters.
Captain
# 23
12-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I fitted my ship in full Romulan weapons, I wouldn't have been able to do it if it was Romulan Marks. Dilithium is a lot easier to come by then Romulan marks.
I find just the opposite, especially now that the winter eppohs can be traded in for 100-200 marks each.

Hell, I use that turn 50 marks into dilithium mission at least twice a day because its one of my best sources for dil.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
I find just the opposite, especially now that the winter eppohs can be traded in for 100-200 marks each.

Hell, I use that turn 50 marks into dilithium mission at least twice a day because its one of my best sources for dil.

Same. Lets face it, regular Epohhs aren't exactly hard to do (more time consuming than winters but it's not huge) and you get 400 each!

Marks are easy, dilithium is limited to 8k per day making it hard. If marks were limited to X amount per day I would agree with him, but they're not.
Commander
# 25
12-16-2012, 05:36 PM
The disruptor proc makes the romulan weapons basically super cheap to tac console disruptors. Against players they arnt gonna be good till you get the MK XI or XII sci consoles from the embassy, once you add the romulan console set bonus and the sci plasma bonus, things may turn out even against stf shields compared to other weapon types.

Against NPC's the romulan weapons are hilarious once the disruptor proc goes off. Mildly specked into particle with no embassy sci consoled and I tick for 120 per second on plasma burn. Thats going to go up a lot once I get my sci consoles in a week or two.

they are a little steep but not that far off from other MK XII If you count getting to the weapons in fleet. If you just ride your fleet those are much cheaper dil wise.
Career Officer
# 26
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I really think Romulan space weapons should require some marks, instead of just being pure dilithium. Maybe that could lower the cost.
Lt. Commander
# 27
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm loving the Romulan gear. I don't mind the price because its good to have something to earn. 28k Dil, for me, is Stf's with my fleet or even pugs. Some PvP, doffing, and dailies.
Empire Veteran
# 28
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
I really think Romulan space weapons should require some marks, instead of just being pure dilithium. Maybe that could lower the cost.
Agreed. I'd like that as well. Makes a bit more sense. I mean, fleet gear needs fleet credits to buy, and usually dil too.

Having it cost Rom marks and lowering the needed dil would make it more 'on par' with fleet equipment. You'd still have to grind for it, but you could grind like Elite STFs and get both dil and Omega Marks for example.

Commander
# 29
12-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Marks can be converted to dilithium, so what's the point?
Captain
# 30
12-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
You can't get Borg antiproton any more, I believe. So there's that.
Your kidding I have two in my bank until I got the full set this is really taking the fun out of the game and pushing me more and more to other MMOs