Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 51
12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Buying contributions for EC is not ethical

There needs to be an option fo direct Buy Dilith without allowing speculators to benefit
Compensation for goods and services is not ethical? You still have some unusual opinions sollvax. Also, I've provide a solution that people want to deliberately ignore because it would solve their problems.

bugshu you don't need lock box ships to pvp, and if you ground pvp don't get a cat that's the opposite of a good idea.

There seems to be a lot of people either not wanting to earn, trade or buy their ships. That's fine you don't have to. You get a perfectly good and effective ship at level 40. If you play the game you can have enough ec, dil or fc to buy another ship but you're not required to. You could even run a race 25 times and get a good ship.
Empire Veteran
# 52
12-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
The people in fleets that I serve do not want projects that cannot be achieved. They do not want projects they have no hope of accomplishing. And they do not want to go into a pvp match and see someone with a tier 5 fleet ship that they do not have equal access to in their own fleet.
FYI some of the best fleet ships are T1/T3. The T5 ones are meh, to say the least.

Anyway, this whole starbase stuff is a huge vanity project. None of the reward is unique; lockbox ships and weapons can be found on the exchange and there is no EC cap but your intellecutal limits, and this gear is equivalent or superior to the fleet one. Of course this rewards people playing smartly instead of fat wallets but i'm ok with that.

I often stop contributing to starbases and I think i have a lot more fun doing that. Taking a break is also a valid option, and remember that as soon as you get frustrated about STO cryptic wins, because it means you'll likely do something not reasonable to make this stop.

Last edited by diogene0; 12-14-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Captain
# 53
12-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post
dariusmajere, do share your secrets with us, please?

Oh, and in supply and demand it is not just the supply that determines the exchange prices, I am more commenting on the demand increases. Are they ever likely to fall?

Will wiser people than me, please respond.
Per day:

Turn in contraband 2000

Turn in prisoners: 1000

Colonist relocation 500

Various other 50-250dilithium quests: 250-750

Collect reputation turnin: 940

That's 5000 dilithium without even firing a shot, maybe 15-20 minutes work. You can easily do the contraband stuff 2 or 3x a day and exceed cap.

Now throw a 1800+ dilithium (with rep turnins) elite STF on it... Nobody should be having trouble earning dilithium. I can't refine my fast enough, I'm on a 300k surplus and it grows every day. There are a ton of sinks right now, but that will die down in a month or two and Starbase production will pick back up.

Last edited by xantris; 12-14-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
12-14-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm not having issues earning dilithium anymore, most people shouldn't unless they want to remain ignorant, the real problem is the massive dilithium sinks in every part of the game. If it were reasonable that is one thing, but everything is taking several days worth of dilithium, which in Zen value is crazy expensive. So it doesn't make sense, it needs fixing to be more reasonable.
Lt. Commander
# 55
12-14-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post

Hmm, I'll have to look up where you get those. I've gotten a small number on my Orion so far, but my Fed has yet to see one. Also a more reliable way/place to get colonists for the relocation quest.
Captain
# 56
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiralyn View Post
Hmm, I'll have to look up where you get those. I've gotten a small number on my Orion so far, but my Fed has yet to see one. Also a more reliable way/place to get colonists for the relocation quest.
It's from the same guy on Qonos that gives you the contraband mission. There are also other common but random ones that you can get in space that are more efficient (4 for 500 instead of 10 for 1000; plus a better chance of success).
Lt. Commander
# 57
12-14-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
It's from the same guy on Qonos that gives you the contraband mission. There are also other common but random ones that you can get in space that are more efficient (4 for 500 instead of 10 for 1000; plus a better chance of success).

Yeah, I'd seen those missions. I meant getting the actual prisoners for the turn-in.

....ah, I see. Crit successes on certain Esp & Military assignments. No wonder I haven't seen any prisoners Fed-side.
Lt. Commander
# 58
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Per day:

Turn in contraband 2000

Colonist relocation 500

Various other 50-250dilithium quests: 250-750

Collect reputation turnin: 940
My KDF regularly hits this, but not my Feds.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Captain
# 59
12-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by humblesheep View Post
My KDF regularly hits this, but not my Feds.
I spent two weeks doing this with three KDF toons. I can count on one hand the number of times I hit the refining cap. Yet I still bought everything I wanted. Then I bought some fleet doff packs and sold them on the exchange for a big chunk of change that I use to equip my characters. I got bored of that and started playing the game again.

KDF remain Dil and contraband machines. As pointed out above the Dil sinks are only vanity items and don't need to be used. Anyone who claims Dil is scarce or hard to gain now is a fool. But their foolishness keeps Zen prices low, so let them remain fools.
# 60
12-17-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
Anyone who claims Dil is scarce or hard to gain now is a fool. But their foolishness keeps Zen prices low, so let them remain fools.
This post has never really been about the acquisition of Dilithium, End Game players will not have a problem reaching the 8k cap and anyone can reach it if they are prepared to grind.

The actual issue is the new sinks, the effect that has on the exchange and the grind factor which puts off casual players (like my ex-fleetmates, who just cant be bothered with it all anymore).

And I have a fear is that as we the players home in on the best way to play the game to maximise out return (for the time we put in), there are Cryptic "bean counters" out there looking for what they see as the next "shortcut" to nerf!

I have another fear (whilst I am here) that they will see the (oh so boring, boring, boring, click slide, click, slide...) reputation system as a success and if we ever get a level cap raise or anything else for end gamers, yup, it is going to be the same reused (from the starbase projects) code. What would have been so hard about one single "pay (x EC, y Dil, z Exp) now" button?
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO