Captain
# 1 Tholian Red Alerts
12-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok I know this is going to sound like a nerd-rage thread, but this is starting to get borderline stupid. Over the past two weeks I have entered at least 3 Tholian red alerts every day (depending again on work schedule and other IRL stuff), and over the past two weeks, out of roughly 70 tries over my toons, I have gotten into... wait for it... wait for it... 3. Yes. 3. Out of 70. On multiple toons.

The rest of the instances are either fails or completions (the fails vastly outweigh the completions btw), and I just get warped right back out. So is this "working as intended"? Or is there something wrong with programming the creation of a new instance once the current ones are underway with their 5 man teams? Or should I expect to continue to be unable to fulfill the Tholian Red Alert daily since it's "working as intended"?

-.- I hate having to whine like this, but it's really starting to get on my nerves.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Seconded!

I have been in a grand total of 2 Tholian RA since S7. And I try every time the distress call comes up. Don't know how many times that is but believe me it's quite a few. I thought i saw something in the Tribble Maintenance thread about the devs working on something re TRAs, and i just hope it's this problem they're working on. Im frustrated too and its a more fun source of Rom Marks than hunting womulan wabbits.
Rihannsu
# 3
12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Just ignore the RAs. The few times they're not pre-failed, you'll lose anyway because either the pug team sucks, Tholians get twenty too many weapons offline hax on you, or both. They're a plain and simple waste of time.
Captain
# 4
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
Just ignore the RAs. The few times they're not pre-failed, you'll lose anyway because either the pug team sucks, Tholians get twenty too many weapons offline hax on you, or both. They're a plain and simple waste of time.
Except when I can actually get in, I usually get a win. It's all a matter of knowing how to beat those annoying space spiders.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssargon View Post
I've enjoyed the mission the times I got in, and would love the opportunity to try it some more. It's meant to be difficult and a challenge is just what my tank ody is looking for. Gotta test out those passives after all.

Dev's please just fix it!
Career Officer
# 6 ridiculous
12-17-2012, 05:10 AM
fix these... it's just ignorant now
Captain
# 7
12-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Except when I can actually get in, I usually get a win. It's all a matter of knowing how to beat those annoying space spiders.
Quoted for truth. it's hard to get in, but with a decent team and some strategy it's moderately easy to beat.
Career Officer
# 8
12-17-2012, 05:27 AM
I've yet to see one come up!!! Is there a frequency for these? Every red alert thats popped up while I'm in Tau Dewa has been for the damn Borg!
Admiral Rednall
------- "May the fates hold off the coming of the storm"------
Empire Veteran
# 9
12-17-2012, 05:32 AM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...81#post7092481
Also it says it's a Borg RA but it's not. You warp in to find the Borg destroyed by the Tholians
Nyaxadrill.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 10
12-17-2012, 06:00 AM
How it seems to work is..

When the red alert instance is open the red alert image appears on the HUD and you can join. When it fills up the red alert image disappears. If a player leaves the red alert, the image pops back up as there is still room in the on-going instance.

For some reason there is no flag telling the red alert invite to not appear if the instance has either failed or completed, when people leave the instance after failure or a win the red alert pops back up. The fix seems so trivial, but why has it not been fixed after so long?

But I guess we have to ask ourselves, why are all these bugs left to build up more and more without getting fixed? The list of bugs and fixes needed is so incredibly long I can't imagine they even have a full list of them.