Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Maco Outfit Question
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
I just got the Mk XI armor.

Where does the helmet come in?

How do you turn it on?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 2
12-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Mk XI doesn't come with a helmet.

To get the helmet, you must get the Mk XII armor. To unlock the whole costume for customization (not just armor visuals), you must get Mk XII weapon and shield as well.
Career Officer
# 3
12-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
I just got the Mk XI armor.

Where does the helmet come in?

How do you turn it on?
believe Mk XII
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
Career Officer
# 4
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
Mk XI doesn't come with a helmet.

To get the helmet, you must get the Mk XII armor. To unlock the whole costume for customization (not just armor visuals), you must get Mk XII weapon and shield as well.
So to get the Omega rifle to show you need to unlock mk xii? The why does MACO mk xi allow you have the weapon our back? Seems dumb that one weapon you show your "back" at mk xi and another at mk xii
"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
12-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I was going to wait for the Mk XII, but the Deferi Borg are mean and it's good armor even at Mk XI.

I am getting the shield and weapon ASAP.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 6
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasuscic View Post
So to get the Omega rifle to show you need to unlock mk xii? The why does MACO mk xi allow you have the weapon our back? Seems dumb that one weapon you show your "back" at mk xi and another at mk xii
You have it wrong.

All three items, the weapon, the armor, and the shield will show visually if you have them equipped.

However, the nice looking Omega and Maco armor you see on DS9 NPCs must be unlocked by completing all three parts of the set.

The better the set, the more visual options unlocked in the tailor. You also get more options from completing all the optionals on elite. The helmets on all three uniforms are obtained by selecting OMEGA/KHG/MACO uniform, head customization, and having unlocked those uniforms by collecting all three pieces of the MK XII set at some point.

The visual costume itself can be worn at any time, regardless of whether you have the weapon or the armor equipped. For instance, I have completed the XI Omega set and the XII MACO set so I can wear the Omega costume (sans helmet and a few other options) while equipping the MACO set.
Captain
# 7
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
There is also the Costume Unlock project that needs to be done in order to use the costume. This requires all 3 pieces of the same Mk to be obtained.
Career Officer
# 8
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
There is also the Costume Unlock project that needs to be done in order to use the costume. This requires all 3 pieces of the same Mk to be obtained.
Really? I miss the old STFs. Well. . . not the really old STFs.
Empire Veteran
# 9
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasuscic View Post
The Omega autocarbine is one of the few weapons that currently does not show on your characters back when equiped, other weapons like this include the borg prosthetic and I think the ghostbuster gun or whatever it is called does not show either.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.