Empire Veteran
Seriously what the hell is going on with the crazy amount of rubberbanding, disconnections and lag?! This game is unplayable at the moment. This problem is not on my end as everything else is working fine!
Former Ausmonaut Turned Space Pirate
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
[EDIT] Rubberbanding, D/Cs and general lag is fine and all when you're playing some PvE but I've been away all weekend and now I'm back, spent money (oh yeah a whole $5) on a respec token and all I want to do is PvP.

Angry customer right here.

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 12-16-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Commander
# 3
12-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Hmm. I call, not the server, but something between you and the server. at times a router will play up somewhere and wont know how to direct the traffic well. Unfortunately, there will be little cryptic or your isp could do about it. It shouldn't take too long for whoever is in charge of it to lock down the problem.

I am currently using a cell phone as a wifi point for my computer, in some remote mountains in Australia, where the nearest town has a grand total population of 2280 and I haven't had an issue with STO

Last edited by mikearoo; 12-18-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
12-16-2012, 10:23 PM
No problems here.
Empire Veteran
# 5
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
A couple of fleet mates have been experiencing D/Cs and lag too. It could just be this ****ty Australian Internet as we are still in the dark ages compared to the rest of the world

I'll hang back and farm some doff missions for a while, hopefully it will sort itself out soon.
Captain
# 6
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Since filing my support request, I can't proceed beyond 'download list of characters' before the connection times out.

On the off chance it was my ISP, I contacted them as well. No throttling is in effect.

I ran their tests as recommended in their FAQ, and sent the results in. The results were well within acceptable playing standards.

I am convinced that their servers are overwhelmed.