Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 121
12-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovalmorgan View Post
and you want MORE end game ships for FEDs?
Um... are you new to these forums? I feel I must ask, because if you weren't you would know that Feds have a seetech mentality. They see tech and they want it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 122
12-15-2012, 04:01 AM
Not just tech, but races, too...
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 123
12-15-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunjee View Post
Not just tech, but races, too...
Edit:

Feds are on a seeeverythingtheydon'thavealready mentality. As in they see everything they don't have already and immediately cry about it and beg for it.

Thank you wunjee for pointing that out.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
# 124
12-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi yes I am new here, and untainted by the want for new ships and the desire to not share any of my toys.

This is also my first post ever so I am going to make myself sound stupid, by of course bringing logic to this thread. Something I doubt most of you twelve year olds won't understand.

After reading several pages of this I have formed my own conclusion on the matter. Those people who play the Klingon faction don't like to share. They want the shiniest toy around and the want rub it into everyone elses face. They won't share and they don't want the other kids getting the same thing, because they are selfish and greedy of course. They won't respond to logic and I am sure I will get many responses from those greedy kids making unintelligent and illogical comebacks.

Adding carrier based cruisers just seems to make sense no matter how you look at it.

It would make sense from a business perspective because if people want it people are willing to pay for it. There are a vast amount of players that play the Federation and plenty of willing customers. They make money and make many players happy, something every game developer dreams about but rarely gets in these kinds of games.


It would also make sense from a from a real life military perspective. The Federation is fighting a war with the Klingons, something the fate of billions of innocents hangs in the balance. If the enemy has anything advantageous in battle its only logical that you develop something similar so you don't fall behind. If carriers work in battle then you want your own version to balance the scales. If your enemy has a laser beam and you only have a slingshot and rocks, aren't you going to improve your weapons? Is the enemy going to cry foul because you took away their only advantage? Heck no, its a war, if you fall behind technologically you going to have a harder time fighting the war.

Honestly this game isn't even all the much PvP, so who honestly cares? What are you going to lose accept not being able to rub your carrier in other kids faces? All you carrier-cruiser protesters think that people are crying like babies cause they don't have carrier-cruisers, well I think you guys are the real ones crying like children. And the are pages and pages of proof of it.


Edit: That IwantitImusthaveit mentality you keep saying the Federation players have..... Of freaking course they want it, you keep rubbing in their faces that you have it and they don't. Its only natural they want it themselves. Your all just lucky this isn't a majority PvP game, because then everything must be painstakingly balanced and in no way shape or form should any side have any advantage over the others.

Last edited by kevik7; 12-16-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
# 125
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Woot, more Battlestar Galactica nuts! We do not have enough crap flying around making peoples computers cry uncle.

He when am I getting a Flight Deck Shuttle? So I can launch shuttles from my shuttles! ooh! and those can launch shuttles!!

Seriously though, pass off a quarter of your ship choices to the KDF with the boff layouts of even half your cruisers and I'm sure they will let you have this toy. Thus far the KDF has been the one giving in this relation ship, hell they even got knocked off content wise and blamed for the loss of profits from the last crappy ship they got.

I'm trying to figure out what Feds have given up to the KDF.

And this is coming from a guy who plays Feds these days mostly.

Also I like my pvp targets to be DIFFERENT than me in more than just..looks.

In short: No, not until Feds have to give up something.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
# 126
12-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevik7 View Post
Hi yes I am new here, and untainted by the want for new ships and the desire to not share any of my toys.

This is also my first post ever so I am going to make myself sound stupid, by of course bringing logic to this thread. Something I doubt most of you twelve year olds won't understand.

After reading several pages of this I have formed my own conclusion on the matter. Those people who play the Klingon faction don't like to share. They want the shiniest toy around and the want rub it into everyone elses face. They won't share and they don't want the other kids getting the same thing, because they are selfish and greedy of course. They won't respond to logic and I am sure I will get many responses from those greedy kids making unintelligent and illogical comebacks.

Adding carrier based cruisers just seems to make sense no matter how you look at it.

It would make sense from a business perspective because if people want it people are willing to pay for it. There are a vast amount of players that play the Federation and plenty of willing customers. They make money and make many players happy, something every game developer dreams about but rarely gets in these kinds of games.


It would also make sense from a from a real life military perspective. The Federation is fighting a war with the Klingons, something the fate of billions of innocents hangs in the balance. If the enemy has anything advantageous in battle its only logical that you develop something similar so you don't fall behind. If carriers work in battle then you want your own version to balance the scales. If your enemy has a laser beam and you only have a slingshot and rocks, aren't you going to improve your weapons? Is the enemy going to cry foul because you took away their only advantage? Heck no, its a war, if you fall behind technologically you going to have a harder time fighting the war.

Honestly this game isn't even all the much PvP, so who honestly cares? What are you going to lose accept not being able to rub your carrier in other kids faces? All you carrier-cruiser protesters think that people are crying like babies cause they don't have carrier-cruisers, well I think you guys are the real ones crying like children. And the are pages and pages of proof of it.


Edit: That IwantitImusthaveit mentality you keep saying the Federation players have..... Of freaking course they want it, you keep rubbing in their faces that you have it and they don't. Its only natural they want it themselves. Your all just lucky this isn't a majority PvP game, because then everything must be painstakingly balanced and in no way shape or form should any side have any advantage over the others.
Being new you might want to dig a bit into the Klingon history as it pertains to content/ships in sto. A majority of the ships and such went to Starfleet as well as customizing options and pets avatar wise. Many of the klingon ships and mechanics have already migrated fed side.

Fed side, nothing has really migrated from their side to the klingons.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=217322

Might be helpful for you to get a prospective on what has been going on.

If some one keeps asking for your stuff and you keep giving it to them, but they themselves dont share, what is it you do?

Also just to give you an idea, it took the KDF side MONTHS just to get a working tricorder. Also alot of the bugs that were on the KDF side got fixed Fed side long before.

To say KDF might be a little annoyed at the 'gimmy' mentality is understating it, I'm surprised they havent picked up pitch forks and torches!

And while it says 'Klingon' vet under my name, I moved to the fed side long ago, I from time to time dust off my old KDF that I had to level strictly through pvp (Thats all they had back then) and go blast some Feds.

Reasons I moved? Less bugs, more content, and new ships regularly. I cant say it was for the pvp though.

Anyway Welcome to the game! (Try to avoid forums if you can, its a meat grinder in here!) =)

Paneth
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 127
12-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevik7 View Post
Hi yes I am new here, and untainted by the want for new ships and the desire to not share any of my toys.

This is also my first post ever so I am going to make myself sound stupid, by of course bringing logic to this thread. Something I doubt most of you twelve year olds won't understand.

After reading several pages of this I have formed my own conclusion on the matter. Those people who play the Klingon faction don't like to share. They want the shiniest toy around and the want rub it into everyone elses face. They won't share and they don't want the other kids getting the same thing, because they are selfish and greedy of course. They won't respond to logic and I am sure I will get many responses from those greedy kids making unintelligent and illogical comebacks.

Adding carrier based cruisers just seems to make sense no matter how you look at it.

It would make sense from a business perspective because if people want it people are willing to pay for it. There are a vast amount of players that play the Federation and plenty of willing customers. They make money and make many players happy, something every game developer dreams about but rarely gets in these kinds of games.


It would also make sense from a from a real life military perspective. The Federation is fighting a war with the Klingons, something the fate of billions of innocents hangs in the balance. If the enemy has anything advantageous in battle its only logical that you develop something similar so you don't fall behind. If carriers work in battle then you want your own version to balance the scales. If your enemy has a laser beam and you only have a slingshot and rocks, aren't you going to improve your weapons? Is the enemy going to cry foul because you took away their only advantage? Heck no, its a war, if you fall behind technologically you going to have a harder time fighting the war.

Honestly this game isn't even all the much PvP, so who honestly cares? What are you going to lose accept not being able to rub your carrier in other kids faces? All you carrier-cruiser protesters think that people are crying like babies cause they don't have carrier-cruisers, well I think you guys are the real ones crying like children. And the are pages and pages of proof of it.


Edit: That IwantitImusthaveit mentality you keep saying the Federation players have..... Of freaking course they want it, you keep rubbing in their faces that you have it and they don't. Its only natural they want it themselves. Your all just lucky this isn't a majority PvP game, because then everything must be painstakingly balanced and in no way shape or form should any side have any advantage over the others.
No, we have a 'quit friggin taking our faction exclusives!!!' mentality. . .because, as paneth48 stated, the Federation keeps gaining KDF exclusives (whether it be carriers, cruisers with cannons, universal consoles, etc), and the KDF is continually neglected as a faction. It's been that way from the very beginning. So yeah, we have very little patience with upstart feddies who see a KDF exclusive and start demanding that the Federation have it.

If there's to be no differences between factions, then why the heck do we even have a KDF faction? Just rename the game 'Starfleet Online' and let the Kirks PvE to their heart's content.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,372
# 128
12-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevik7 View Post
Hi yes I am new here, and untainted by the want for new ships and the desire to not share any of my toys.

This is also my first post ever so I am going to make myself sound stupid, by of course bringing logic to this thread. Something I doubt most of you twelve year olds won't understand.

After reading several pages of this I have formed my own conclusion on the matter. Those people who play the Klingon faction don't like to share. They want the shiniest toy around and the want rub it into everyone elses face. They won't share and they don't want the other kids getting the same thing, because they are selfish and greedy of course. They won't respond to logic and I am sure I will get many responses from those greedy kids making unintelligent and illogical comebacks.

Adding carrier based cruisers just seems to make sense no matter how you look at it.

It would make sense from a business perspective because if people want it people are willing to pay for it. There are a vast amount of players that play the Federation and plenty of willing customers. They make money and make many players happy, something every game developer dreams about but rarely gets in these kinds of games.


It would also make sense from a from a real life military perspective. The Federation is fighting a war with the Klingons, something the fate of billions of innocents hangs in the balance. If the enemy has anything advantageous in battle its only logical that you develop something similar so you don't fall behind. If carriers work in battle then you want your own version to balance the scales. If your enemy has a laser beam and you only have a slingshot and rocks, aren't you going to improve your weapons? Is the enemy going to cry foul because you took away their only advantage? Heck no, its a war, if you fall behind technologically you going to have a harder time fighting the war.

Honestly this game isn't even all the much PvP, so who honestly cares? What are you going to lose accept not being able to rub your carrier in other kids faces? All you carrier-cruiser protesters think that people are crying like babies cause they don't have carrier-cruisers, well I think you guys are the real ones crying like children. And the are pages and pages of proof of it.


Edit: That IwantitImusthaveit mentality you keep saying the Federation players have..... Of freaking course they want it, you keep rubbing in their faces that you have it and they don't. Its only natural they want it themselves. Your all just lucky this isn't a majority PvP game, because then everything must be painstakingly balanced and in no way shape or form should any side have any advantage over the others.
If this argument is to be valid, it would only be fair to make it so for both factions. In other words, Feds get these carriers, KDF get the science vessels. This would result in both factions playing fairly similarly, which, AFAIK, is not what Cryptic wants.

Also, that argument that KDFers have a 'don't like to share' mentality relies on the assumption that the KDF's ships are superior. I doubt this is the case. At best, both sides are equal.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 154
# 129
12-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
No, we have a 'quit friggin taking our faction exclusives!!!' mentality. . .because, as paneth48 stated, the Federation keeps gaining KDF exclusives (whether it be carriers, cruisers with cannons, universal consoles, etc), and the KDF is continually neglected as a faction. It's been that way from the very beginning. So yeah, we have very little patience with upstart feddies who see a KDF exclusive and start demanding that the Federation have it.

If there's to be no differences between factions, then why the heck do we even have a KDF faction? Just rename the game 'Starfleet Online' and let the Kirks PvE to their heart's content.
Ok, then I suggest you ask cryptic to remove the the Varanus and Fleet Varanus support vessel, and remove the pet from the bortasque, after all, detachable ship parts was fed thing as well.

KDF Demanded that they be allowed on a fed station DS9 instead of rolling a fed toon.

And having no uniqueness in the factions doesnt = doom. The most succusfull mmos go with the philosophy.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
# 130
12-17-2012, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
Ok, then I suggest you ask cryptic to remove the the Varanus and Fleet Varanus support vessel,
Nooo! not our one unwieldy science ship! Never mind its ONE science ship among how many races affiliated with the Kilingons? Oh gawds and its Gorn too..



Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
and remove the pet from the bortasque, after all, detachable ship parts was fed thing as well.
Incorrect kind sir! Klingon D7s, the front part was made to detach as a life boat (such as one is with klingons). Also how many klingons even use that over priced set of ships? Bundle costs you about 50 bucks dosent it? Thats hardly giving something.



Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
KDF Demanded that they be allowed on a fed station DS9 instead of rolling a fed toon.
Station was atually Bajoran, which before had all sorts of traffic from all sides. While they may be part of the Feds now it is kept open as a nuetral station due to the borg invasion among other threats, and is about the only place the Feds and Klingons can meet. As for 'demanding' it makes sense for them to have a place to meet up with the Feds when they are helping to save the galaxy, also the thought of the Devs making another station for klingons probably made them cry. was probably just easier in the end to ok them to land there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi1701d View Post
And having no uniqueness in the factions doesnt = doom. The most succusfull mmos go with the philosophy.
Yes but those MMO's also have something this one dosent, equal content for both sides. Without that people tend to cling on to liitle things like 'Uniqueness' because its about all they have. I could almost say with certainty that if both sides had equal content it wouldent be an issue.

Edit: also the reason for the science ship the klingons got, they had no way of detecting the cloaked ships the feds got, it took a great bit of yelling to get that pig too if I recall, even then it was followed up with the feds getting the sci ship with the tac field.

Last edited by paneth48; 12-17-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 AM.