Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 478
# 11
12-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pweistheworst View Post
Sorry about bumping an older post but this thread was pretty helpful and I have a followup question:

If I use hybrid/combo weapons like polarized disruptors does that mean that consoles for either polaron or disruptor weapons will boost the damage these weapons deliver?

For example, if I have a Polaron Phase Modulator console installed on my ship and several polaron weapons and polarized disruptor weapons will that console increase the damage caused by polarized disruptors or just the polaron weapons?

You can have an answer reading the tooltips... however polarized disruptors are disruptors and you can boost their damage using consoles for disruptors only.

All hybrid weapons trade one modifier to simply gain one more proc, but their damage type is of one type only.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 370
# 12
12-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
I still want MK XII purple hybrid weapons, I miss having Disruptor/Plasma set up going.
The Romulan reputation store has plasma energy weapons with a disruptor proc. They are nice and pretty!


Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 13
12-17-2012, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
The Romulan reputation store has plasma energy weapons with a disruptor proc. They are nice and pretty!
I'm starting to wonder if the extra disruptor proc is worthwhile for a set of weapons that cost nearly three times as much in dilithum as the advanced fleet versions that do higher base damage by a decent margin. i don't think the proc is worth it for beam arrays and banks due to their low firing rate compared with cannons. I'm going to set up my cruiser with the fleet advanced plasma beams, an embassy plasma damage console and the full romulan set and see how it works out. An extra proc for three times the cost is kind of lame.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,754
# 14
12-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
An extra proc for three times the cost is kind of lame.
Especially considering that three of the older hybrid sets are free mission rewards, and two more are on the exchange for reasonable prices.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 15
12-17-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
Especially considering that three of the older hybrid sets are free mission rewards
Pity they're vastly inferior to Mk XII purple weapons of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
two more are on the exchange for reasonable prices.
Pity they don't work well with the reputation sets. Advanced fleet weapons are more than adequate for max damage application in PvE at least.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 39
# 16
12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
I'm starting to wonder if the extra disruptor proc is worthwhile for a set of weapons that cost nearly three times as much in dilithum as the advanced fleet versions that do higher base damage by a decent margin. i don't think the proc is worth it for beam arrays and banks due to their low firing rate compared with cannons. I'm going to set up my cruiser with the fleet advanced plasma beams, an embassy plasma damage console and the full romulan set and see how it works out. An extra proc for three times the cost is kind of lame.
Depends on the environment. I run the romulan weps on a Recluse and I do mostly STF's; in this environment a proc that increases damage dealt to a target by the whole group including my dozen adv peregrines is pretty damn sweet. On the other hand if you mostly solo in an escort or something, then it's probably not worth it.

Btw, should note that the rom set bonus (as soon as they fix the launcher) to increase plasma damage as well as embassy sci consoles help to counterbalance the damage difference compared to AP. Oh, and the roms are available as 2x[Acc].
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:15 PM.