Starfleet Veteran
# 41
12-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeitner View Post
They also have made more server not responding bugs that disconnect people especialy from TEXAS seeing as how I have 15 megabits per second internet speed a quadcore cpu and a high quality graphics card they should Fire their ISP and find one that Has less Issues. But seeing as how they wont and the game is almost unplayable for 3 days out of a week I will start looking for one that has less bugs concidering us compainers are right they release a seeson half cocked and buggy as hell forcing you to buy zen just to make the higher missions winnable PW needs to fix alot but we will be the ones to pay for it with new bugs.

Sorry, but I'm playing from Dallas , and two more people in my fleet are from Houston and Austin. If you're having connection problems, it's your ISP -- I haven't had not responding discos in over a year.
Community Moderator
# 42
12-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I think some people are willfully misinterpreting what Dan Stahl actually wrote about not being in "maintenance mode", despite how he gave a detailed explanation about what he meant by it.

It does NOT mean that Cryptic says they will never fix things.

It means that Cryptic says they are committed to growing the game, not just keeping the servers running and the lights on.

You can argue whether you believe any of that's true or not, as long as you aren't actually accusing someone of being a liar here on the forums. But please don't try to make it sound like he said something he didn't.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Republic Veteran
# 43
12-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
Most veteran players (at least the ones I played with) have long since left the game.
And the forums and game seems to be the better for it, heh.

I'm all for feedback, and there are certainly things about the game the drive me nuts, but the whole: "Cryptic is a bunch of incompetent liars!!!!" crap is so old and overused, and out of touch with reality its not even funny anymore.
Career Officer
# 44
12-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
And the forums and game seems to be the better for it, heh.

I'm all for feedback, and there are certainly things about the game the drive me nuts, but the whole: "Cryptic is a bunch of incompetent liars!!!!" crap is so old and overused, and out of touch with reality its not even funny anymore.
people aren't just pulling it out of their ass. We're just not distracted by something new and shiny. Threads like this don't pop up frequently because cryptic is doing a fantastic job, ya know.
Ensign
# 45
12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Well I haven't played in a while, but the new 'account verification' has already irritated me.
Career Officer
# 46
12-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprcheese View Post
Season 7 is fine. Stop complaining.
well i'm convinced by your powerful argument. I guess it's case closed because you said so.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
12-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonkeebler View Post
Well I haven't played in a while, but the new 'account verification' has already irritated me.
It's not a bad feature since it does a decent job at protecting your account via access from a computer not previously authorized by the account owner.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedarky View Post
How is adding more Dilithium and slicing the reputation timers to barely anything unless you're doing XP ones not fixing them.

Also as I've said in other threads, Developers prefer actual data over player opinions, Dan admitted to less than 100 people testing Season 7 on Tribble, now there's no way they could get all the data they needed from just 100 people.

You want content to go out perfect, then get more people on Tribble to test it, don't want to test it, then don't moan when it doesn't go out perfect.
Not sure how many people qualifies as an "adequate" number of people. I am, however, positive, that it's not my responsibility to make sure Tribble is adequately staffed during test periods. As far as I know, I'm not on PWE's payroll.
Starfleet Veteran
# 49
12-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I think some people are willfully misinterpreting what Dan Stahl actually wrote about not being in "maintenance mode", despite how he gave a detailed explanation about what he meant by it.

It does NOT mean that Cryptic says they will never fix things.

It means that Cryptic says they are committed to growing the game, not just keeping the servers running and the lights on.

You can argue whether you believe any of that's true or not, as long as you aren't actually accusing someone of being a liar here on the forums. But please don't try to make it sound like he said something he didn't.

If the shoe fits, wear it.