Ensign
Is it just me or do i find it not fair that the lockbox ships are not in the c-Store by now? i can understand that the new lockbox ships are not but common, the ferengi and cardassian version ships and goodies !!!

Oh wait yes its CBS so many tell us, CBS don't allows them to be put in the C-Store ?! really that's a load of CRAP, don't be so greedy and put them in the C-Store! there wer plenty of cardassian and ferengi ships in the TV Shows, so that rare would they not be!

its more and more clear that the Cryptic Dev team are "ferengie's" in human skins !!! the greediness is so big its not even funny any more. do you really like to hurt your player base like this,... ofc you are what the hell em i thinking, this thread will probably get deleted in no time or moved and merged whit some other thread just to make this post disappear.

if in all likelyhood it is CBS that don't allowed the ships in the C-Store then i would strongly advice them to rethink there strategy, cus not all players of STO are kids with rich parents. or are players with no sens of the worth of coin. ! i need to work hard for my cash and if i buy some virtual goods i want results, after all, all the virtual goods i buy will dissapear wen STO eventually die's and the servers go down. i wonder do people think of that fact that one day there spend money will be gone for good?! its not that you get a copy of the game to play it standalone at home with all you virtual goods.

like i said a couple of times i know Cryptic needs to get money to keep this game running, BUT there plenty of other ways to do this, the ship lockbox's are just a form of SCAM really Exploitation of a Star Trek Fan!, older box's should not be brought back, no no the contence of the older box's should be added to the C-Store! that would be a fair trade off. instead of this greedy way of doing things.

all i can say is this Cryptic devs/management = Ferengie's that's clear as day!

Last edited by bbaetens; 12-17-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
i need to work hard for my cash and if i buy some virtual goods i want results, after all, all the virtual goods i buy will dissapear wen STO eventually die's and the servers go down. i wonder do people think of that fact that one day there spend money will be gone for good?!
Yeah! And my VHS tapes are useless now too! Sure I got use out of them for a long time, but they should last for all eternity, providing me with endless entertainment!
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post

Oh wait yes its CBS so many tell us, CBS don't allows them to be put in the C-Store ?! really that's a load of CRAP
Not a load of crap at all. It's called a license, which is a form of contract, which is what business relations are based on and controlled by. Do CBS and Cryptic want to make money? Yes. Their actions are determined by what they believe will make the most money in the long-run.

On the one hand you complain that you work hard for your money, then you complain that Cryptic isn't allowing you to spend it frivolously. Get a grip. Put your rage away. Have a drink. Go outside. Calm down. It is just a game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
CBS doesn't restrict non-faction ships because they where rare in the TV show, they are restricted because they don't want the respective factions being "polluted" so to speak with loads of non federation/klingon ships.

The only lockbox ship that doesn't make sense being restricted is the Wells class.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules
and Policies
. ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Commander
# 5
Oh my! Cryptic want earn money on its product, how they dare to do that. Well maybe you don't know, but you can earn everything from C-Store and lock boxes without paying $, all you need is play and think how and what you play to earn enough currency to buy it.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
12-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post
CBS doesn't restrict non-faction ships because they where rare in the TV show, they are restricted because they don't want the respective factions being "polluted" so to speak with loads of non federation/klingon ships.

The only lockbox ship that doesn't make sense being restricted is the Wells class.
Except that argument falls apart now that everyone can have a Breen ship.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
If you think it's not worth, it, don't buy it no matter what. You can get great ships from the store anyway, they aren't underperforming.
Captain
# 8
12-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Except that argument falls apart now that everyone can have a Breen ship.
It's still going to be rare. For one it's definately gone after 35 days and not everyone will have the time or persistance to run those 25 races, while there is a seemingly endless supply of lockboxes and lockbox ships. Also, when compared to the c-store ships, it's still a per-character unlock, instead of account-wide.
Ensign
# 9
12-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyprimrose View Post
Yeah! And my VHS tapes are useless now too! Sure I got use out of them for a long time, but they should last for all eternity, providing me with endless entertainment!
ok granted VHS tapes are useless now BUT you have the option to convert them to CD / DVD heck even Blue ray so there not a total loss sir, next time think a tiny bit harder before you try to sink someones opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Not a load of crap at all. It's called a license, which is a form of contract, which is what business relations are based on and controlled by. Do CBS and Cryptic want to make money? Yes. Their actions are determined by what they believe will make the most money in the long-run.

On the one hand you complain that you work hard for your money, then you complain that Cryptic isn't allowing you to spend it frivolously. Get a grip. Put your rage away. Have a drink. Go outside. Calm down. It is just a game.
Owkey i understand "license" but do you really think that is the reason they keep the lockbox's the way it is now? and yes hard work to get money in life, you should try it some day, not everyone is born in a place where money grows on tree's or where mom or dad provide it to yah easy. and i'm sorry i find it not so easy to spend money on virtual goods like that. especially if the goods you buy have a "CHANCE" on getting good virtual items. so you find it perfectly normal that someone has to spend 300 dollars before he gets a ship out of them box's, well then sir then i feel sorry for you that you can't see past there deception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latiasracer View Post

you speak of pollution in a game, so the latest movie did not pollute the trek universe at all then, there polluting the star trek universe at a greater rate then this game ever can.

and in the end this is a game and a game should be enjoyably to play!

So wen i see and read all the reply's its clear that either the fans wants to get exploited. and if CBS is the evil link in this, is that then why there so many failed Star Trek Games in the past? do they really just care about money fast! anyways i will no longer comment on this, i do not rage, i like this game with all its flaws i won't just buy them any more that's all. i just gave my opinion about something and wanted to know everyone els's opinion and that's clear.

no need to start a war.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 12-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Community Moderator
# 10
12-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Off-topic...

I'm noticing some violations of PWE Community Rules and Policies in this thread.

Let's keep the conversation civil. Valid opinions are being expressed, and there's no need for further hostility here.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek