Career Officer
Hi All,

I'm thinking about ditching my MACO Mk12 engines (and the 3pc bonus..its ok, but not great) on my cruiser for Adapted KDF Honor Guard engines...or perhaps something else. Has anyone compared the turn rate bonus on these two engines specifically...how do they stack up? (Engine power in high 30s-low 40s, FYI)

Also, has anyone had a hard time tanking with the honor guard deflector on the KDF side? It just doesn't seem as good as the MACO one for a cruiser, though I may just be missing something.
Captain
# 2
12-17-2012, 10:59 AM
As was told to me- the KHG deflector is a science deflector and that I should be using the omega on my kdf/tac raptor. Now that I'm shopping for a deflector for my fed I'm looking at the AEGIS (for the shield bonus's) or maybe my mk12 Positronic I have in storage as I've never used the MACO. I use a mk12 combat [turn][spd][full] on my star cruiser with 2 mk11 (white)RCS consoles and can get near 15 turn, tho the KGH engine gives you a nice power bonus to you systems. It all depends on how badly you want to give up your set bonus's.

Have you looked at the combat-hyper engine or a fleet engine ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Commander
# 3
12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
The Fleet engines are horrible (including Elite, they are like set but without bonuses to power etc), Maco engines are also horrible, Jemhadar is good, KHG is better. I personally don't like Omega (some people do) but its tetryon glider can be awesome, I was however told it is not worth it without 2 or more flow capacitor consoles (I don't know if this included being specced into flow capacitors skill or not).

Edit: Actually the Advanced Fleet Engines look quite nice (half of them have better turn than the Jem'Hadar Engines Fed side). The Advanced Combat/Standard Impulse Engine [Turn]x3 [Spd] has same turn as Klingon Honour Guard and you can choose between Combat/Standard types and has more speed, however dosen't have the bonus power to subsystems and dosen't benefit from set bonuses. I actually like engines with the least speed and most turn rate the best, since as far as I know (with my power configuration) I hit the bonus defence cap on all engines set to max speed (less speed means less time to turn).

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 12-17-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Commander
# 4
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Omega defector on a tac is great. The omega engines are worth it if you already run the deflector to get TG. If your engine choice is fleet or maco grab the fleet engines, preferably the elite ones they are just better.

As far as adapted sets go for KDF its Maco + Leech and profit. For Fed if you fly a carrier or sci its get the HG deflector and engines no questions. My vesta is going to be running rom plasma front and rom torp beam turret rear so the 2 piece from the HG will help a lot.
Career Officer
# 5
12-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afree100 View Post
The Advanced Combat/Standard Impulse Engine [Turn]x3 [Spd] has same turn as Klingon Honour Guard and you can choose between Combat/Standard types and has more speed, however dosen't have the bonus power to subsystems and dosen't benefit from set bonuses.
This has got me really really excited about the Adapted engines now. 2pc MACO + KDF Engines will really work well for my build. Now if only they gave a sector space speed bonus too. Alas, can't have it all, I suppose.